5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Well, 4 months after ordering, my truck will be picked up at the dealership tomorrow and shipped to me in Los Angeles. It arrived at the dealership on 7/23, paperwork took a few days, then Chrysler Capital took 2 full weeks to fund the loan. Eventually, it took me blasting them on Twitter, talking to their Social Customer Service dept, calling the Loans dept, calling the Incentives dept and looping in the dealer to get them to release the funds.

My truck will arrive on Monday, 1 month to the day from the date it arrived at the dealership. The wait is almost over!

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
They really do. That color is my favorite too. I was disappointed I couldn't order a Limited in it.
I was in the same boat. We almost went with the Laramie because we loved that color. But the interior on the Limited sold us. We had to settle for Patriot Blue

Hasti17

Reaction score
I was in the same boat. We almost went with the Laramie because we loved that color. But the interior on the Limited sold us. We had to settle for Patriot Blue
you cant order it on laramies either, i tried and Mark dodge said the color was unavailable for ordering when i placed mine, also settled for pat blue

wintaborn

Reaction score
Well, I honestly had doubts that my truck would ever get built despite being given a build date of August 19th earlier this month. Well, surprise surprise when I called the dealer yesterday he said my truck was in paint already and I just got alerted from crypto stickers that the build sheet was available. Too bad I can’t just drive down and get it from the plant as it’s only 3hrs away!
Congrats Jay, so there is hope for us Canadians waiting on trucks. I'm just hoping us that got converted to a 22 don't get put to the back of the line. I ordered late February, less than a month behind you on order date.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score

Hasti17

Reaction score
odd, it's up on their configurator for the 2021 models. I wonder if they dropped it for 2022

Here is one in stock: https://www.barrysanderssupercenter.com/new-Stillwater-2021-RAM-1500-Laramie-1C6SRFJT4MN635314
yea i still see 21's in stock, but ive seen a couple 21 to 22 pushbacks on here say they also had to change from green to something else. If there was any way for me to get that green on my build, i wouldnt hesitate. from what i was told the green still Showed on Mark dodges order tool but it was "Unavailable to order"

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
yea i still see 21's in stock, but ive seen a couple 21 to 22 pushbacks on here say they also had to change from green to something else. If there was any way for me to get that green on my build, i wouldnt hesitate. from what i was told the green still Showed on Mark dodges order tool but it was "Unavailable to order"
Well now I am just happy we didn't settle for the Laramie because we really wanted that green. Thanks for the info.
I wonder why its on some models and not others. If there was a quality/constancy issue I would see it likely entirely removed from the line up.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Well now I am just happy we didn't settle for the Laramie because we really wanted that green. Thanks for the info.
I wonder why its on some models and not others. If there was a quality/constancy issue I would see it likely entirely removed from the line up.
from what i can tell all the 2022 DT's are excluded, so they dont have that paint color in sterling heights or maybe more likely it was low volume enough for them to decide to cut it to improve production speed. so it may not affect the HD and 4th gens produced elsewhere.

sflindsey

Reaction score
Well, 4 months after ordering, my truck will be picked up at the dealership tomorrow and shipped to me in Los Angeles. It arrived at the dealership on 7/23, paperwork took a few days, then Chrysler Capital took 2 full weeks to fund the loan. Eventually, it took me blasting them on Twitter, talking to their Social Customer Service dept, calling the Loans dept, calling the Incentives dept and looping in the dealer to get them to release the funds.

My truck will arrive on Monday, 1 month to the day from the date it arrived at the dealership. The wait is almost over!
Congrats! Our builds are very similar. The wait will soon be over. What a huge pain to go through.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Congrats! Our builds are very similar. The wait will soon be over. What a huge pain to go through.
It's not over yet. Now the shipping guy transferred me to a broker, who handed the shipping job to a driving company, who quoted a price, whose office then called and wanted $400 extra. I called the broker back and now they're chasing down the driver, etc.

The dealership had promised to arrange the shipping when Phillip was there, and I'd just have to pay for it. Not the case. :(

JBV

Reaction score
how long can D status go on for? March 31 order placed. 4.5 months at this point. order was switched to 22 and original paint colour was made unavailable, so switched to pat blue. everything else remained the same so i've been told. taking delivery of a new factory order truck in winter is not my idea of a good time.

eerattler

Reaction score
I just put in an order for a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited from Koons. No VIN yet, just a VON. Patiently waiting and hoping it is delivered before winter.

Smoothest car buying experience outside of my wife's Tesla. My local dealer flat out told me to sign that deal in a hurry and they wouldn't even try to match it.

70runner

Reaction score
It's not over yet. Now the shipping guy transferred me to a broker, who handed the shipping job to a driving company, who quoted a price, whose office then called and wanted $400 extra. I called the broker back and now they're chasing down the driver, etc.

The dealership had promised to arrange the shipping when Phillip was there, and I'd just have to pay for it. Not the case. :(
Interesting. When I purchased from Auburn CDJR/Olson in April, asked about shipping and Phillip simply gave me the phone number of his goto shipper. Few weeks later, called his contact and the guy didn't do west coast runs anymore. He referred me to a guy based in Seattle. Did a Uship bid, most were in the $1300-$1400 range (to Temecula CA) incl the Seattle guy. Decided to fly/drive home.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
Well, I honestly had doubts that my truck would ever get built despite being given a build date of August 19th earlier this month. Well, surprise surprise when I called the dealer yesterday he said my truck was in paint already and I just got alerted from crypto stickers that the build sheet was available. Too bad I can’t just drive down and get it from the plant as it’s only 3hrs away!
you must be one of the rare ontario orders that got a 21...most have been switched to 22...including mine which was ordered on March 24th....

Ramontario21

Reaction score
I assume you’re asking about the Ram site. No. They don’t provide any means for tracking your order, other than pestering your dealer or pestering Ram Chat.
That’s why we are doing all this silly tracking/guessing stuff on the forum.
Hey Eighty i finally got my new vin for my 22...it is NN156383...can you please add it to your chart....thanks

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Interesting. When I purchased from Auburn CDJR/Olson in April, asked about shipping and Phillip simply gave me the phone number of his goto shipper. Few weeks later, called his contact and the guy didn't do west coast runs anymore. He referred me to a guy based in Seattle. Did a Uship bid, most were in the $1300-$1400 range (to Temecula CA) incl the Seattle guy. Decided to fly/drive home.
Maybe Phillip was overstating in his promise to arrange shipping, then. Oh well. It's all arranged now. Truck was picked up yesterday and will be here on Monday.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
how long can D status go on for? March 31 order placed. 4.5 months at this point. order was switched to 22 and original paint colour was made unavailable, so switched to pat blue. everything else remained the same so i've been told. taking delivery of a new factory order truck in winter is not my idea of a good time.
join the club man...ordered a 21 on March 24 in maximum steel and now had to settle for the granite crystal as the colour wasnt being used for the 22s...at least not for the sport trim....

JBV

Reaction score
i see i'm not remotely alone, surprised this has been so common. i thought it was only the olive green and only in Cda.

Jay905

Reaction score
you must be one of the rare ontario orders that got a 21...most have been switched to 22...including mine which was ordered on March 24th....
There certainly was no rhyme or reason that I could figure why there were a number of us that ordered trucks (even back as far as November) were never built.

Really hoping for the bunch that got bumped to ‘22’s will be somewhere at the front of the line. That would only be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread