5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Kpat1984

Reaction score
Just spoke with ram chat they didn’t give me a build code says dealer can get that. They said all materials have been received and build process should start very soon. Ordered 10/28. Not sure how quick from here but hoping by end of December at the latest.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
When I reach out they arent giving me any codes. Just said last week when I reached out that "they have gathered all of the build materials but no build date is set, check back next week"

Should be D1 status. Check with your dealer. They should have estimated build/ship dates.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
wow that is super fast!

Mine went to JB last Friday after almost 7 weeks from order date. I'm now torn in that I don't want it to get here too quickly since the Nov incentives are so horrible. My guess though with shipping out to California is early Dec ...

The train ride to California is painfully slow! Mine was shipped about 2 weeks ago. As of last night it’s in Salt Lake City.

Which part of CA?

EcoJoe

Reaction score
Ram limited longhorn ram boxes ecodiesel
Ordered 10/23
D status same day
D1 10/29 with an estimated ship date of 11/8
11/7 paint as of today 11/9 not updated yet and still in paint.
Does this feel like it’s moving quickly? Dealer told me under 8 weeks but was not counting on it

Kpat1984

Reaction score
Ram limited longhorn ram boxes ecodiesel
Ordered 10/23
D status same day
D1 10/29 with an estimated ship date of 11/8
11/7 paint as of today 11/9 not updated yet and still in paint.
Does this feel like it’s moving quickly? Dealer told me under 8 weeks but was not counting on it
That’s quick I ordered a week after you and just went D1 I hope my doesn’t get to the dealer until December hoping for better incentives. I was told 6-8 weeks also. Waiting to hear back from dealer if they have an ETA

du4life25

Reaction score
wow that is super fast!

Mine went to JB last Friday after almost 7 weeks from order date. I'm now torn in that I don't want it to get here too quickly since the Nov incentives are so horrible. My guess though with shipping out to California is early Dec ..
wow that is super fast!

Mine went to JB last Friday after almost 7 weeks from order date. I'm now torn in that I don't want it to get here too quickly since the Nov incentives are so horrible. My guess though with shipping out to California is early Dec ...
I was thinking that mine wouldn’t be in until the end of December but if It truly has been shipped, I’m sure it’ll be here in the next few weeks as it’s shipping to Milwaukee. I was hoping for better incentives as well but I guess that won’t happen.

trithumb

Reaction score
Should be D1 status. Check with your dealer. They should have estimated build/ship dates.
Sales guy seemed annoyed when I asked for the vin 2 weeks after order. Just will work with chat. That way when it comes time to do final paperwork hes not annoyed with me and I can finesse some extra discounts or what not

AK103

Reaction score
Sales guy seemed annoyed when I asked for the vin 2 weeks after order. Just will work with chat. That way when it comes time to do final paperwork hes not annoyed with me and I can finesse some extra discounts or what not

I ordered a Limited last week, dealer emailed me a VIN today.

bcpong

Reaction score
The train ride to California is painfully slow! Mine was shipped about 2 weeks ago. As of last night it’s in Salt Lake City.

Which part of CA?
Bay Area

Based on your experience, looks like I’m about 3-5 weeks out from now.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score

I got lucky this time around with my dealer. He seems more than happy to provide updates. Lately he’s been sending me daily updates tracking the train.

Makes sense to not bug the dealer if they seem annoyed. However they shouldn’t be. It’s exciting building a truck and letting the anticipation grow.

I spent about 2 weeks in D1 before build completion. Hopefully that helps.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
Bay Area

Based on your experience, looks like I’m about 3-5 weeks out from now.

Hopefully you get out of JB soon and loaded on a rail car. I’ll keep you posted on when mine arrives. I’m in the Bay Area as well. San Jose to be exact. It gets shipped via rail to Benicia then transported to the dealer. Assuming yours will be similar.

trithumb

Reaction score
I got lucky this time around with my dealer. He seems more than happy to provide updates. Lately he’s been sending me daily updates tracking the train.

Makes sense to not bug the dealer if they seem annoyed. However they shouldn’t be. It’s exciting building a truck and letting the anticipation grow.

I spent about 2 weeks in D1 before build completion. Hopefully that helps.
I went in June to start researching trucks to see what I wanted and landed on the ram. In July refinance rates on the house went real low so I wanted to do that before ordering the truck. That process took 3 months so he was waiting on me through that time frame. I would pop into the dealership to check out the one that was on the floor periodically, not to bother him but he always wanted to speak with me and try to get me to order then. When I finally placed the order I said so whats the process now, how do I get updates. His response was "common man you had me waiting for 4 months, its been 5 minutes and you already want your truck delivered" he said it jokingly but never really gave me any other info so it seemed partially serious lol. I'll just harass ram chat every Wednesday.

EEnginerd

Reaction score
I'll just harass ram chat every Wednesday.
I harass them a couple times a day. My truck is supposed to ship next week, so it only makes sense that things should be happening right now. I still get the same message as others: "I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon." I wish they would give me one of these codes:
E = framing
F = paint
G = trim

trithumb

Reaction score
Well I couldn't wait until tomorrow. They said the truck is built and pending shipping but don't have a timeline for delivery yet. Should know more by next week.

pharmerrob

Reaction score

Which part of CA?
Must have been on the same train as mine! My truck apparently landed at the rail yard here in SLC yesterday around noon. This really must have been the slow "boat." Sorry it's taking to long to get to CA. I'm still waiting for a transport to meander over and grab it. Hoping it'll be ready for delivery tomorrow.

Dontra

Reaction score
Just got word the truck is in Memphis TN, just have to go to Conway AR. The dealer said it might take 6 to 10 days to get there.

Cochise

Reaction score
Ordered on 09/18 delivered 11/03.
2021 RAM Limited Crew Cab 4X4, Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque, 3.92 Rear, Bed Utility Group, E-Locker Rear Axle, Sunroof, Multi-Function Tailgate, Trailer Brake Control, Technology Group, Limited Level 1 Equipment Group

Attachments

• 61649BDF-C85C-4C80-9BB4-781A47F58E27.jpeg
    61649BDF-C85C-4C80-9BB4-781A47F58E27.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 33
  • C22FEC4D-5FBD-41DE-AFD1-DFAB0F87454B.jpeg
    C22FEC4D-5FBD-41DE-AFD1-DFAB0F87454B.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 33
  • F29375F4-63D5-4CF9-B7D0-D60797C7257B.jpeg
    F29375F4-63D5-4CF9-B7D0-D60797C7257B.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 4AC26E4C-86D9-47F0-A53D-3C9C2CA2CA1C.jpeg
    4AC26E4C-86D9-47F0-A53D-3C9C2CA2CA1C.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
Must have been on the same train as mine! My truck apparently landed at the rail yard here in SLC yesterday around noon. This really must have been the slow "boat." Sorry it's taking to long to get to CA. I'm still waiting for a transport to meander over and grab it. Hoping it'll be ready for delivery tomorrow.

Haha that could have been the case!!

As of last night it was just outside of the rail yard where they’re unloaded! Hoping because it’s a high volume dealer they get multiple transports a day vs sitting in a railroad waiting

Users who are viewing this thread