5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Tonner

Reaction score
Same here. Ordered on 7/6. The only info I have from Ram Chat is that it is in pre-production.
Yes. Production on the 2021 starts today. My dealer told me mine will ship the week of September 10th. How long should I reasonably expect to wait after that?

TAL2GK

Reaction score
Same here. Ordered on 7/6. The only info I have from Ram Chat is that it is in pre-production.

I'm with you. No change in my status. I'm all at once encouraged and discouraged when I see guys post that their trucks are scheduled.

MrB

Reaction score
I just got this message from my dealer about my 2021 Ram 1500 Limited (I swear my salesman is more excited than I am):

"I've got great news! Your truck was put into "G" Status as of late yesterday! "G Status" means it's in Trim Status, which is after Framing (E Status) and Paint (F Status)! The vehicle will go through final inspections and Quality Control once Trim is done, and then it's just a matter of the vehicle being shipped and arriving on our lot!"

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Brenda with Ram Chats confirmed today that the parts have arrived for the build of my truck, which is progress. I texted the salesperson to see if she has any more information since I have not heard from her for awhile. I don't want her to forget about me. :ROFLMAO:

JonUSN

Reaction score
I built my truck on the website. Saved the PDF. Sent it to 20 dealers nearby and asked what’s the best OTD price they could give me. After a few days of back and forth and haggling via email only, I went with the best offer. I refused any phone call or in-person meeting. Highly recommend that method.

Where they able to do this accurately without each one wanting to run your credit (maybe you paid cash?) , cause some of the rebates you only get if you finance through them . .

JonUSN

Reaction score
@Paultg Great spreadsheet a few pages ago. I think I’m going to have to mimic that. Guessing you completed it your self each time because I was thinking about asking dealers to complete that format and send back

Paultg

Reaction score
@Paultg Great spreadsheet a few pages ago. I think I’m going to have to mimic that. Guessing you completed it your self each time because I was thinking about asking dealers to complete that format and send back
Glad you like it. I just did it to help clarify things here and for myself when checking numbers. Every dealer organizes the numbers a bit different so it helps get through it.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Where they able to do this accurately without each one wanting to run your credit (maybe you paid cash?) , cause some of the rebates you only get if you finance through them . .
From my research, most dealers determine rebates at time of delivery/purchase. So I actually asked for a pre-rebate OTD price with the understanding that all factory rebates would be added at time of delivery. My pre-rebate OTD best offer was $61,640. They then subtracted off the available rebates 10 weeks later when I picked it up for a true OTD price of $59,100 or so since I qualified for $2500 in rebates.

MrB

Reaction score
...My pre-rebate OTD best offer was $61,640. They then subtracted off the available rebates 10 weeks later when I picked it up for a true OTD price of $59,100 or so since I qualified for $2500 in rebates.

Those numbers don't exactly add up, making me wonder if they charged you sales tax on the rebates (I assume your OTD includes sales tax). My understanding was that most states charge sales tax after rebates are applied.

Paultg

Reaction score
My order was "protected"; meaning I had an agreed price on the truck based on the available rebates at the time I ordered. So I knew exactly what it would cost (worst case).
If the rebates were better at time of delivery I could apply those and pay less for the truck.
If the rebates were worse at time of delivery they would apply the rebates at my time of my order; the agreed price.
Just ask your dealer if the sold order is protected, its something FCA mentioned to me when discussing how the rebates are applied.

- Paul G.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Those numbers don't exactly add up, making me wonder if they charged you sales tax on the rebates (I assume your OTD includes sales tax). My understanding was that most states charge sales tax after rebates are applied.
61,640 was after taxes but no rebates. My final OTd price included $2500 in rebates, which saved me like $230 in taxes as well, as the rebates were calculated before taxes. I don’t have my exact numbers in front of me at the moment. The $59,100 was a rough estimate by me off the top of my head. It might’ve been a little less due to the tax savings.

MrB

Reaction score
Wow, that looks nice. Crypto stickers just sent me an update for a build sheet. I think I am in the running for the last 2020 delivered.

The build sheet for my 2021 RAM 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 is now available. This is so exciting.

Attachments

• 2021LimitedBuildSheet.pdf
    52.8 KB · Views: 78

dmax4me

Reaction score
They finally update the Ram website to begin building 2021's. I sent my build sheet to a dealer this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread