5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

jwortsman

Reaction score
Here she is! A lot of wonkiness with Stellantis servers as @triple_B can tell you. Build sheet 3/15, Window Sticker 3/27 and on the dealer lot 3/30. I can only assume that the window sticker was produced much earlier than 3/27 to make the train ride to Port Allen and trip to Mark Dodge. Picked it up on 4/1 and couldn't be happier. She's in the shop right now having the Mopar lift put on and new shoes tomorrow. I've ordered a few items to take off some, but not all the chrome. IMG_9137.jpg
IMG_9139.jpg

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those of you who purchased from Mark Dodge, are you asking for updates or are they being pretty good about automatically sending updates or sending you the VIN when it becomes available? Was told to ask in about a week for the vin, but I see some are getting it within a few days after the order was placed.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who purchased from Mark Dodge, are you asking for updates or are they being pretty good about automatically sending updates or sending you the VIN when it becomes available? Was told to ask in about a week for the vin, but I see some are getting it within a few days after the order was placed.
You'll probably want to ask for updates. I used Ram Chat to get generic updates, then contacted MD when something changed. I think I had a VIN 2 days after my order date, but I held off for a week before I asked.

Reaction score
I was contacted a few days later with my vin. That was last week.

tbnolefan

Reaction score

They emailed me a VIN within a few days and I didn‘t ask them for it. I am not going to bother anyone there for a while. I am not in any rush so I am not going to ask for updates. I figured I will find out here when I get a build sheet. After that, I might ask for some updates and ETA dates.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
the purpose of the tracker that triple_b and eighty run is to let you know when the build sheet is available

this is why everyone posting here should register their vin.

Solracer

Reaction score
Odd question. How many miles should I see on the odometer when I got to pick it up?

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Odd question. How many miles should I see on the odometer when I got to pick it up?

That can depend. Mine had 16. My 2020 Grand Cherokee had 11. I don’t remember on the 2019 Grand Cherokee. My Mustang had 3. Depends on where it gets stored off the line, distance to rail yard for shipping, probably driven a few miles for PDI, and hopefully a trip to the gas station to fill her up. I’ve heard of new vehicles driven 25 miles for testing at the plant, and I’ve even seen a note in the vehicle when this occurs to explain the extra mileage.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought a dozen new vehicles over the years and they all had 15-20 miles when delivered. If somebody test drove it maybe a bit more but straight from the factory less than 20 for sure.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the purpose of the tracker that triple_b and eighty run is to let you know when the build sheet is available

this is why everyone posting here should register their vin.
I understand that, just confused as to what each status means and how to follow it. Reading a lot of posts and searching through the forums to better understand the tracking process.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I understand that, just confused as to what each status means and how to follow it. Reading a lot of posts and searching through the forums to better understand the tracking process.
read post 2 here

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
read post 2 here
Thanks. That info helps.

gator6

Reaction score

I ordered a 3500 from Sandi in November and she told me 20 weeks-ish, to not expect movement for a couple of months, and contact her again then. While I was waiting my mom ordered from Sandi who told her the same thing.

I have contacted Sandi at ever interval she has asked me to, and the changes in production codes (D, D1, JS, KZ) has been pretty consistent with her timeline. That’s a 3500.

The 1500 (ordered 1/21) we waited for nearly 8 weeks, as requested, and when I asked for info here on 3/20 I was told that it had been delivered the day before (3/19).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
The 1500 (ordered 1/21) we waited for nearly 8 weeks, as requested, and when I asked for info here on 3/20 I was told that it had been delivered the day before (3/19).

ram and stellantis said several months ago that they were going to try to keep the 1500 production at the sterling heights plant going even if it meant stopping production at other truck plants.

was/is the 1500 in the tracker?
you should have gotten a notice from eighty

Last edited:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a 3500 from Sandi in November and she told me 20 weeks-ish, to not expect movement for a couple of months, and contact her again then. While I was waiting my mom ordered from Sandi who told her the same thing.

I have contacted Sandi at ever interval she has asked me to, and the changes in production codes (D, D1, JS, KZ) has been pretty consistent with her timeline. That’s a 3500.

I’m not in any hurry to get the truck. Would rather it be built correctly with no issues or missing options. All I really want to know is the status as it starts getting closer toward delivery so I can start preparing to get rid of my 21.

gator6

Reaction score
ram and stellantis said several months ago that they were going to try to keep the 1500 production at the sterling heights plant going even if it meant stopping production at other truck plants.

was/is the 1500 in the tracker?
you should have gotten a notice from eighty
Oh @Eighty and @mxsnow were more than helpful when it came to getting registered and placed on the tracker. I believe it was mxsnow that gave me the status of KZX. It was just the shock of reaching out and expecting "D1" only to hear "KZX" that stopped me in my tracks. I don't blame Sandi, she can't juggle the status of every truck she orders, you have to be a participant as much as a spectator. Aaron was really nice about reordering the truck for her, and this time we're staying on top of it.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
My truck was just delivered to CT 1600 miles, picked up from MD Friday 4/1 and delivered Monday 4/4 @ 6pm. First bid was $1k and didn't get any hits over two days, raised it to $1300 and was accepted in 10 minutes. I'm extremely happy with it, its my first truck and its amazing, especially inside!

Watching the driver pull it out of the trailer was scary to watch, but he was a pro!!!
Thanks for sharing the pics! I ordered a Back Country in Patriot Blue last week. I too am having it shipped.

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
Grrrr. Unfortunately my build has gotten pushed back a day a couple times. No big deal but just hoping it doesn't become another day every few days.

Users who are viewing this thread