5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Every20years

Reaction score
Ordered a truck with Aaron at Mark Dodge last Monday. Is it possible to revise a sold order? I’m second guessing my decision to go with 3.92 and may want to switch to 3.21. Has anyone else made a change after ordering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually called my dealer a week after I got the VIN and asked to add the Technology Group. They entered it in and it was reflected on the ordering system two days later. As I told the dealer we will see what shows up on the build sheet if it really took.

jgreene

Reaction score
Ive been hearing rumors that orders have been canceled for trucks. Is that true? I just ordered a 1500 limited March 22nd. Dealer said 7-8 weeks about. Is that still realistic? When do i expect to see D1 status?
They put a hold on the classic rams and other FCA vehicles due to a chip shortage. The new Rams are full force ahead.

I ordered a 2021 Sport on March 8th. I went into D status yesterday.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Ordered a truck with Aaron at Mark Dodge last Monday. Is it possible to revise a sold order? I’m second guessing my decision to go with 3.92 and may want to switch to 3.21. Has anyone else made a change after ordering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I made a change through Aaron about 35 days after my order was submitted. 3 days later he told me Chrysler accepted it and the changes were good to go for my build. I think because if the longer build times you have some wiggle room. Under normal circumstances probably not so much.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got done talking with RamChat and supposedly my vehicle arrived at the dealership this morning. Still waiting for confirmation from them on this. Won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday. But damn FINALLY! Just over 10 weeks from ordering.

Update: Dealer confirmed it has arrived. Scheduling pick for Wednesday.

Last edited:

_poke

Reaction score
Just joined and found out that I could track the progress, so here’s my build:

This will be my 4th ram, but first build.

2021 Laramie Night Edition, crew cab, 4x4, 5’7” bed, in Granite Crystal Metallic.
Level B equipment group, eTorque engine, 3.92 rear end, bed utility group, 12” Uconnect, trailer tow group, air suspension

Ordered on 3/4/21, and first contacted them on 4/5/21 and was given the VIN and advised that the materials are all there and the build should start soon.

What is the typical timeline of the builds?

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got done talking with RamChat and supposedly my vehicle arrived at the dealership this morning. Still waiting for confirmation from them on this. Won't be able to pick it up until Wednesday. But damn FINALLY! Just over 10 weeks from ordering.
Still nothing for me 😭

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just joined and found out that I could track the progress, so here’s my build:

This will be my 4th ram, but first build.

2021 Laramie Night Edition, crew cab, 4x4, 5’7” bed, in Granite Crystal Metallic.
Level B equipment group, eTorque engine, 3.92 rear end, bed utility group, 12” Uconnect, trailer tow group, air suspension

Ordered on 3/4/21, and first contacted them on 4/5/21 and was given the VIN and advised that the materials are all there and the build should start soon.

What is the typical timeline of the builds?

Total time lately seems to be 8-12 weeks

McHouck

Reaction score
I just got off with Ram Chat. Although they don't usser codes anymore, still sounds like it's in D status.
Ordered 3/12/2021, VIN/VON 3/13/2021

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score
I did a search but maybe I missed it- what are the options for tracking delivery once a build enters shipping? Dealer? RamChat?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a search but maybe I missed it- what are the options for tracking delivery once a build enters shipping? Dealer? RamChat?

Yes RamChat and Dealer are your 2 options. Once the vehicle ships from the factory they will only give you an ETA to dealer. At that point best to contact your dealer.

GTLimited

Reaction score
Welp - just 1 day shy of 6 weeks from order/VON and my build is finally "about to enter assembly, scheduling status." per RamChat.

I've been checking 1-2x per week with the latest on Friday the 2nd, where it remained in the parts sourcing stage. Not terrible and somewhat middle of the road based on some orders here.

Perhaps noteworthy is I was able to order my Big Horn with the blind spot and cross path detection (XAN) despite the contrary reported in the articles posted about chip shortages. Now, the real wait begins?

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Ordered 2/27

Was told all of the parts have been acquired and should be entering production soon.

Not sure if on schedule, behind, or ahead.

Current lease ends 5/25

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered 2/27

Was told all of the parts have been acquired and should be entering production soon.

Not sure if on schedule, behind, or ahead.

Current lease ends 5/25

When all the parts are in and entering production soon it is in the sequence. Exactly where or how that is figured out is a mystery.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
It should be. If this is any indication, on 3/25 - It was in Arkansas and Aaron said 4/8 eta. On 3/31 I get a text, IT'S IN! Docusigned on 3/31 to get the March incentives and then drove 700 miles to Lake Charles to pick it up on 4/1.
As of this morning it's now in Louisiana, but Aaron is showing a delivery date for the week of the 19th. I sure hope it doesn't take that long.

bazz

Reaction score
I just got off with Ram Chat. Although they don't usser codes anymore, still sounds like it's in D status.
Ordered 3/12/2021, VIN/VON 3/13/2021

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Same update here... 4 weeks in and still in 'D' status

Users who are viewing this thread