5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order 2019 vs wait on 2020

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its unlikely a parts issue as you can order ORG + Etorque with the 6.4 bed. I'm told the ORG is no longer able to be ordered with 5.7 beds when combined with Etorque due to weight issues and the impact on MPG ratings.

If it was a weight issue why would they allow it to be ordered with the heavier truck? The 6'4" bed truck is 100 Lbs heavier than the 5'7" truck with the exact same suspension and reduces payload from 1780 to 1680 before other options are added reducing payload further.

bitman0101

Reaction score
If it was a weight issue why would they allow it to be ordered with the heavier truck? The 6'4" bed truck is 100 Lbs heavier than the 5'7" truck with the exact same suspension and reduces payload from 1780 to 1680 before other options are added reducing payload further.
I asked the same thing. I'm told its because you can't get RAMBox on a 6.4. Instead of preventing ORG with Etorque + RAMBox, I'm told them just made ORG not available on any 5.7 with etorque. Whether that is the full story or not I'm not sure, but it is at least consistent as I have been hearing it since February.

texasgator

Reaction score
Any update on when the 2020 order guide will be released? Considering an in stock 2019 but since we are so close to the 2020 information being released I would like to see the changes before pulling the trigger.

cra1g

Reaction score
... 10k off MSRP seems high...I got 8.2k off.

I got $8600 off MSRP before incentives with no negotiation at all--I asked "What's your price?" and that's what they gave me. Incentives (FCA and USAA) took another $1750 off that.

ant0064

Reaction score
I got $8600 off MSRP before incentives with no negotiation at all--I asked "What's your price?" and that's what they gave me. Incentives (FCA and USAA) took another $1750 off that.

Depends on where you're buying I suppose. Some states are better than others. I checked multiple dealerships and I ranged from 5,800 off MSRP to 8,200 on a Laramie. It does depend on trim level....people seem to keep leaving out that info, and it makes a huge difference.

cipherbreak

Reaction score
It's June now and the orders for the 2020 model year are still not open and no information regarding changes is available. :/

BlckDT

Reaction score
There is no significant changes between the 19’ and 20’ outside of the new multi tailgate and some trim packages (Night Package). If your not in a hurry then wait. Production for the 2020 starts July and dealer lots will start seeing them August.

The biggest thing I would take away from buying a 19’ now instead of a 20’ in a few months is the mileage and resale. If you sell your 19’ at xxxx amount of miles, you’ll be in better shape for residual rather than selling your 20’ at the same amount of miles. To a buyer (or dealer) the 19’ looked to have been driven with less yearly miles than the 20’. That’s my only argument to get a 19’ over the 20’ if not waiting until actually next year.

In regards to getting a truck with problems, you are only reading about the issues because your on a forum. This is what we will do here, ***** and moan about truck issues, then get all giddy about something we did to our awesome truck. LoL.

Also, keep in mind that the plant pumps out nearly 1600 newly built rams per day!!

Trueblood

Reaction score
Thanks for all your feedback on this thread! I ended up finding the truck I want on a lot and buying a 2019. I got almost 12k off sticker with rebates and I figured the pricing on the 2020 would take a while to get that kind of deal.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a good price increase for the 2020’s with high sales volumes and new tariffs (particularly Mexican tariffs where the Hemi and other components are made). This is not meant to be a political statement.

BlckDT

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a good price increase for the 2020’s with high sales volumes and new tariffs (particularly Mexican tariffs where the Hemi and other components are made). This is not meant to be a political statement.

You are right though! Glad I bought now.

Users who are viewing this thread