5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORACLE LIGHTING LED ILLUMINATED WHEEL RINGS

R.Reyes110

Reaction score
Has anyone here installed the Oracle wheel rings? I purchased the 19inch or larger size single row led rings and they are too small yet they are the largest they make. Curious if my installer is doing something wrong or if they won't work.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone here installed the Oracle wheel rings? I purchased the 19inch or larger size single row led rings and they are too small yet they are the largest they make. Curious if my installer is doing something wrong or if they won't work.

Just say no. Leave them off the truck.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Idk anything about Oracle, but that looks hideous in my opinion.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wouldn't install those on my wheels anyways.
I got chased down by police late at night on a highway once because I had light up valve stem caps (solid color and ring). I only had them on for 2 days at the time.

In my state the law is "Any after market light is illegal"
22.07: Mounting and Display of other Aftermarket Lighting No person shall mount or display any lighting device which does not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations, 49 CFR Part 571, unless specifically allowed by M.G.L. c. 90, §7. Such prohibited devices shall include, but not be limited to, neon undercarriage lighting.
No motor vehicle, as hereinbefore provided, requiring a permit from the registrar, shall mount or display a blue light on such vehicle until proper application has been made

I appealed the ticket and the cop stated the law above that any aftermarket light is against the law and she was like come on that's ridiculous, and the cop said "but the law states..." and she cut him off and dismissed the case.

In theory they could of forced impersonating a police car if the lights were blue or red, and any other color was a $50ish violation.

Not worth the stress.
And those look terrible.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't install those on my wheels anyways.
I got chased down by police late at night on a highway once because I had light up valve stem caps (solid color and ring). I only had them on for 2 days at the time.

In my state the law is "Any after market light is illegal"
22.07: Mounting and Display of other Aftermarket Lighting No person shall mount or display any lighting device which does not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations, 49 CFR Part 571, unless specifically allowed by M.G.L. c. 90, §7. Such prohibited devices shall include, but not be limited to, neon undercarriage lighting.
No motor vehicle, as hereinbefore provided, requiring a permit from the registrar, shall mount or display a blue light on such vehicle until proper application has been made

I appealed the ticket and the cop stated the law above that any aftermarket light is against the law and she was like come on that's ridiculous, and the cop said "but the law states..." and she cut him off and dismissed the case.

In theory they could of forced impersonating a police car if the lights were blue or red, and any other color was a $50ish violation.

Not worth the stress.
And those look terrible.
Damn tough laws there. Nebraska, as long as the lights aren't flashing, and also can't be green or red on the front of vehicle, but rear is fine

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Damn tough laws there. Nebraska, as long as the lights aren't flashing, and also can't be green or red on the front of vehicle, but rear is fine
My state is dogsh*t when it comes to almost everything. There's probably a law somewhere that says "no fun allowed" I think only California is more screwed up from my state. I'm still allowed to change my air intake and my exhaust without getting my truck marked as illegal and failing state inspection and not being allowed to drive it.

Only reason I still live here is because I was born here and my wife has close family here.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NH doesn't allow the Under Glow Lighting either. The Other stuff is OK
as long as it is not Blue or Red in the front.

Years ago in Maryland I had them write me up for four KC Daylighters on the Roof of
my Baja Bug. Said they were too High. If the Covers were on them it was OK. Each light
was 385K candle power with a 3 Mile reflective range. They each drew 11.5 amps.

I liked playing with the morons that kept their high beams on.

Malodave

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please no. Reminds me of the trucks around here running that Carolina squat bs and led rings to show off their 22x150 bulldog rims with rubber band tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread