5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Optional Borla resonator on S-type exhaust .

Ddelallata

Reaction score
Here’s a quick video after installation of the optional resonator. I’m very happy with the results as the S-type was just a little too much for me .

Attachments

• D642EFCF-ADFE-464A-8192-5C3E09A6E070.jpeg
    D642EFCF-ADFE-464A-8192-5C3E09A6E070.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 146

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the time to post vid and share. My appreciated.

In the end, they are just reinstalling a resonator they removed with system originally.

Mcwilson77

Reaction score
Here’s a quick video after installation of the optional resonator. I’m very happy with the results as the S-type was just a little too much for me .
Happen to have any other videos?? Going threw the same thing. Need to tone it down a little. Did it make a real difference?

Ddelallata

Reaction score
Happen to have any other videos?? Going threw the same thing. Need to tone it down a little. Did it make a real difference?
It made a small difference.
I daily-drive it 90 miles to and from work every day and it drove me mad after a year. I went back to stock about a month ago and it is so much nicer to drive now.
I love loud exhausts and have had borlas and corsas on other vehicles, but this was just too much for me.
Maybe I’m getting old

Gumpa

Reaction score
There are several other threads on this issue- the Borla catbacks are surprisingly loud, especially the Touring. You can put a bigger resonator in there than the Borla (which is like 5" round by 10" long). I have the Touring and I put a 6" round by 16" Magnaflow 12619 muffler in as a resonatror and it really toned it down. Others say the Borla ProXs mufflers are quieter. I am going to lose my Magnaflow resonator when I put in ARH headers and Y-pipe, so I think I am going to cut out the Touring muffler and try the Borla 400487 ProXs muffler.
Good Luck!

Last edited:

Mcwilson77

Reaction score
There are several other threads on this issue- the Borla catbacks are surprisingly loud, especially the Touring. You can put a bigger resonator in there than the Borla (which is like 5" round by 10" long). I have the Touring and I put a 6" round by 16' Magnaflow 12619 muffler in as a resonatror and it really toned it down. Others say the Borla ProXs mufflers are quieter. I am going to lose my Magnaflow resonator when I put in ARH headers and Y-pipe, so I think I am going to cut out the Touring muffler and try the Borla 400487 ProXs muffler.
Good Luck!
Have any sound clips

Users who are viewing this thread