5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OPT 7 Redline LED Tailgate Bar & Window Tint

Mreid12000

Reaction score
thanx for the answer but u have to drill into metal? I thought it was plastic behind ther again sorry for the stupid questions all other rams I had just stuck on with tape

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanx for the answer but u have to drill into metal? I thought it was plastic behind ther again sorry for the stupid questions all other rams I had just stuck on with tape
Yes you are screwing into plastic, the plastic trim is uneven so tape won't do. That is why you need to install with spacers and clips.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Kevinch

Reaction score
A question for those of you who have installed a tailgate bar on a 2019-2020 RAM with a rear camera: did you have to disconnect the wiring when you removed the tailgate or is there enough slack in the wiring to set the tailgate securely in the bed?

Jayturk

Reaction score
A question for those of you who have installed a tailgate bar on a 2019-2020 RAM with a rear camera: did you have to disconnect the wiring when you removed the tailgate or is there enough slack in the wiring to set the tailgate securely in the bed?
Disconnect, not much of a hassle. Make sure you mount just above rear bumper level to allow clearance for tailgate to open.

Mreid12000

Reaction score
One last question do you find them spacers in the screw isle I asked someone and they looked at me like I had 2 heads

19TXLimited

Reaction score
One last question do you find them spacers in the screw isle I asked someone and they looked at me like I had 2 heads

According to Lowes these are considered Nylon Washers rather than a "spacer". Most likely the screw aisle. Not sure the exact size needed, but here is an example of what I found. Please post the exact product you buy and what you find to be the correct spacer size. I am looking to put this light bar and the running board turn signals on my truck soon. A detailed parts list and install pictures would be awesome!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure down the hardware ailse , may be in the parts drawers, if you find them on the homedepot app it will tell you the location in your store.

Mreid12000

Reaction score
thanx guys for all your help I will go check that out later and 19XTL I am gonna try and get what someone else said 1/2 in for outside and 1/4 in for inside but waiting on amazon to get bar here and will post pics and list when done

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I used the one linked below. No cutting or splicing on the truck or opt7 side. , it is a 5 pin so you can use a bullet terminal on the white wire(reverse wire) of the opt7 light bar and plug right in to the 5 pin harness of the above curt adapter I speced below.

CURT 56584 Replacement Vehicle-Side Custom USCAR 5-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_tBCMEbJW57VWF

I also posted below a not so great pic of the 4 pin opt7 plug connected to the 5 pin curt plug with reverse wire plugged in separately.

63046f13a91aa3b1f274303bb99d07cd.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

A bit late of a reply, but what all did you order to install?

OPT7 Lightbar, CURT Harness, what is the 4 pin OPT7 plug?, spacers, screws.

I also have a set of the sequential running board lights that I will be wiring up. Guessing I can wire them up to this as well aside from the courtesy lights.

VM75

Reaction score
So I received my Opt7 3 led light bar today from Amazon. 8 plugged it into the factory 4 pin connector just to test and noticed the amber LEDs are not coming on. The brake light works and running light works. When I turn on the turn signals the red LEDs will flash sequentially instead of the amber. Has anyone else had this issue? I have a 2020 ram with halogen lights, not sure that matters.

Thanks for any input you have.

Users who are viewing this thread