5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Njnyc

Reaction score
Anyone install one of these ?
I want to buy one but I’m somewhat confused on the wiring / splicing . I’m aware of buying a separate 7 pin wiring harness . Let me know if you guys have installed one !

Chief holley

Reaction score
Subscribed! I just brought one but I keep on reading different information on needing the Curt connector and the BLIS systems on the truck. I am so ready to try something!

Ramtrx

Reaction score
Yes. Many threads on this. I didn’t cut and splice. I used connectors I can’t remember the name. Installing the bar should be as close to the bumper as you can. May need spacers or something to even put the bar. The surface is plastic not metal like before.

SKIPATROLL

Reaction score
Subscribed! I just brought one but I keep on reading different information on needing the Curt connector and the BLIS systems on the truck. I am so ready to try something!
Did you install your Redline and is it interfering with your BLIS . Did you get the 60 inch?

SKIPATROLL

Reaction score
Yes. Many threads on this. I didn’t cut and splice. I used connectors I can’t remember the name. Installing the bar should be as close to the bumper as you can. May need spacers or something to even put the bar. The surface is plastic not metal like before.
Can you direct me to the other threads...bought a 2021 Laramie and looking at the Redline product TNX

Chief holley

Reaction score
Did you install your Redline and is it interfering with your BLIS . Did you get the 60 inch?
I did and I didn’t use any of the additional connectors that other members were talking about. Mine is hardwired in and there is a slight delay when turn signals are on. It didn’t mess with my BLIS.

saylor

Reaction score
dont hack your wires get the curt 7 pin adapter with 5 pin harness and steal power and signal and ground off that

mikestoys

Reaction score
Did you hardwire into the trailer connector or the taillights
don't splice any wiring with curt # 56584 plugs between 7pin round trailer jack & gives spare 5 pin flat connector to plug in opt7 4pin connector .The loose 5th wire [Reverse white} needs to crimp a connector and plug in the 5th hole .

mikestoys

Reaction score
Anyone install one of these ?
I want to buy one but I’m somewhat confused on the wiring / splicing . I’m aware of buying a separate 7 pin wiring harness . Let me know if you guys have installed one !
I installed the opt7 with multiple layers of 3m double stick tape [large roll needed] didn't remove the tailgate . beautiful bright straight but iI used the sequential {out of synk with factory turn lights] You should choose opt7 60" 3rows without sequential . tailgate gently touches light bar when open but I don't think it causes any issues ,

mikestoys

Reaction score
Anyone swap out Trailer Tow Mirrors for regular mirrors on 1500 LIMITED and still have full functioning mirrors ?

SKIPATROLL

Reaction score
Mike....what year is your Ram. I have a 2021 Ram1500 laramie with blind spot and cross detection

Users who are viewing this thread