5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on best looking wheels l

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
Funny, I'm looking at a White Sport but I'm seriously considering the Hostile Alpha in Asphalt (all black with the chrome "bolts" aroiund the outer edge). I believe it will make a nice contrast.
If you are doing the sport i would definitely recommend an all black wheel. From there it just depends on how busy of a wheel you want or what look (offroad kind of look or not). I'm a big fan of simpler wheels. When I get new rims and tires for my black longhorn it will be the hostile alpha in the black gloss with the milling.

fflis

Reaction score
I went with Fuel Nutz 20x9. I went back n forth on whether or not to do black wheels. I don’t generally like all black trucks, and I feel like all black wheels just lose all the detail, especially in photos.

Ultimately after talking with a few friends and doing a few ****ty photoshops I landed on this one. I think the silver spokes tie in the chrome of the truck nicely.

I do think all aluminum wheels would look really nice with white too.

257bbe84043564dba1062b2f8b0d375a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rah6887

Reaction score
I went with Fuel Nutz 20x9. I went back n forth on whether or not to do black wheels. I don’t generally like all black trucks, and I feel like all black wheels just lose all the detail, especially in photos.

Ultimately after talking with a few friends and doing a few ****ty photoshops I landed on this one. I think the silver spokes tie in the chrome of the truck nicely.

I do think all aluminum wheels would look really nice with white too.

257bbe84043564dba1062b2f8b0d375a.jpg

Looks great, what offset did you go with?
And why 9? I only ask because I am torn about going with 20x9 or 20x10.

Bionicbo

Reaction score
Hi all

With the 5th Gen still fairly new, I'm struggling to find suitable images or galleries that feature various aftermarket wheels on our trucks. So I'm looking to this community to point me in the direction as to what they think are the best looking wheels for 5th Gen 1500. I will be putting a 3.5" lift and level on the truck and running 35x12.5.

Another thing to take into consideration is the area you live in, I live in the snowbelt and didn't want buy a second set of wheels because anything with machined or milled edges will corrode, so I went with a approved winter painted wheel.

fflis

Reaction score
Another thing to take into consideration is the area you live in, I live in the snowbelt and didn't want buy a second set of wheels because anything with machined or milled edges will corrode, so I went with a approved winter painted wheel.

Snow. Gross. I’m in FL. Hopefully sunshine is alright.

Samson75

Reaction score
I really like fuel rims. I Not sure I agree they look cheap.. I got fuel Contra 20” x9 rims with +2 offset. Fits the fender wall profile without hanging out since I have no flares on my truck. I put Nitto EXO since I live in Canada (ok BC , lol ) and the spec on these tires looked Awsome. I love em.

d2dce75ecf71c846f7f590ce767d3359.jpg
761d3b6bbd3142a37fca808095b59f1f.jpg
f0a1ab8102b1f91240013db05e3716aa.jpg

Last edited:

67GeeTeeX

Reaction score
I picked up a used set of Rebel wheels on offer up. 370 bucks for a set of 4. I was disappointed to see that they were produced in China.

MarkB67

Reaction score
If you are doing the sport i would definitely recommend an all black wheel. From there it just depends on how busy of a wheel you want or what look (offroad kind of look or not). I'm a big fan of simpler wheels. When I get new rims and tires for my black longhorn it will be the hostile alpha in the black gloss with the milling.
You need to have your own opinion on what looks good on your truck not taking advice from others who are most likely new to customizing vehicles, do your own research and see what you prefer on your truck with similar lift and tire you have also color of your truck,more often than not I see people make horrible wheel selections for their truck ,I personally don’t care for most black wheels on the market, black wheels belong on Jeep Wranglers , also most black wheels I see on trucks are covered in brake dust, I think that’s why people like them because it blends in with black— Do your research!

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
You need to have your own opinion on what looks good on your truck not taking advice from others who are most likely new to customizing vehicles, do your own research and see what you prefer on your truck with similar lift and tire you have also color of your truck,more often than not I see people make horrible wheel selections for their truck ,I personally don’t care for most black wheels on the market, black wheels belong on Jeep Wranglers , also most black wheels I see on trucks are covered in brake dust, I think that’s why people like them because it blends in with black— Do your research!

Why in the world did you quote for me for saying do your own research? I am not asking for help on wheel choice and have done this before numerous times.

Bionicbo

Reaction score

So many things to say about this BS comment, I'll leave it at that.

MarkB67

Reaction score
Why in the world did you quote for me for saying do your own research? I am not asking for help on wheel choice and have done this before numerous times.
Sorry, that was meant for LeeBob

LeeBob

Reaction score
Appreciate you taking the time to respond. For clarity, my posting my question in the original post was part of MY RESEARCH. I'm not going to just take someone's recommendation. But seeing what other's thoughts are, supplements my research.

Users who are viewing this thread