5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions, Keep or Trade?

n8zcc

Reaction score
First, I am always more on the side of trade myself, as I trade at least every 2 years. But, I am torn in this decision for the first time in my life. My truck will be 2 years old Feb 7th, and it is a 2020 Big Horn 4wd with the Night edition pkg. It has the dual panel sunroof, which I love. It has 31,300 miles on it and runs like it did when it was new. It has always been serviced every 5000 miles. I put LED bulbs in all the exterior lights. So this truck really needs nothing. Well, except for tires.

Now, I am looking at a 2022 Laramie 4wd with the Sport pkg. It is of course significantly more money than what I paid for my truck. With exactly the same equipment that is on my Bog Horn except it has leather and cooled front seats. The truck built the way I want it is almost $61k.

While they are giving me payoff for my truck (I was upside down in my trade when I bought it), it does leave me paying a little more money. But it isn't about the money. I am torn because I absolutely love my truck now. I do like leather, but I am not sure I want it. I like having no miles or very few miles, but I am sure my truck still has a lot of life left in it. I love the tri white color of the Laramie, but I also love the billet silver of my Big Horn. So guys/gals I am torn. I have looked at other brands, maybe to sway me one way or another. But I keep coming back to Ram. I have had Ford and Toyota trucks as well, and I always like the Dodge Ram better.

So, what would you guys do? I am welcome to all opinions. I am not going to get upset or butt hurt one way or another. Just curious the path you'd take. Thanks in advance!
My take-away, you are not ready for a new truck.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
I ordered my wheels and tires this morning. So keeping what I have for now. But, on the way home from the store the backup camera stopped working. Don't know if its a software issue or what. I will get to the bottom of it.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I ordered my wheels and tires this morning. So keeping what I have for now. But, on the way home from the store the backup camera stopped working. Don't know if its a software issue or what. I will get to the bottom of it.
And so it begins.......🤯

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thataboy new mods gets rid of that wanting a new truck feeling at least for sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Man I can't imagine trading every year or two I usually keep mine until they're dead (although for the past 10 or so years I've always had 2 vehicles). My last daily driver I had for 13 years before I finally got rid of it. It wasn't even falling apart either it was just getting to the point where everything was starting to fail at once so I said F it.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
New wheels and tires go on tomorrow. I'm excited! I went with Fuel Ripper 20x9 with 1mm offset and 275/60/20 Falken WildPeak AT3's. I am literally like a kid on Christmas. But gotta wait til tomorrow. My truck is reverse leveled now, but I may take out the rear drop springs and put the stock ones back in and level the front. But I'm not sold on that yet.

Shawn19

Reaction score
All I can say is that the Wireless CarPlay in the 2022’s is pretty nice…to add to the list of pluses to trade. Warranty gets re-upped, proximity would be nice. And really who knows when the market goes back to normal
. I’m not sure what your differences are price wise, but I just traded out of my 20 into a 22. Got the options I missed the first time, cost me about 42$ a month and $500 to have a bed liner installed again . I’m happy, but maybe not……responsible.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
Yeah, my payment was going to go up over $100 a month, and that was on a 84 month loan. I already have 2 years paid off of my current loan, so decided against trading for now. Just got my wheels and tires on, so glad I finally pulled the trigger! It's crappy weather here, so won't be taking pics anytime soon. But, as soon as we get some good weather I will be doing some detailing and posting the pics. Stay tuned. Thanks guys/gals for all your opinions, I truly appreciate seeing both sides of the choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online