5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Once again the back window failure is ignored

Masondanieleddinger

Reaction score
I had the infamous back window leak, thought ram would take responsibility for the faulty product they are selling. Unfortunately like plenty of other posts I see on here they have ignored their responsibility to the customer for purchasing their truck, then later shelling out money to fix a leak that was destined to happen. Definitely not fair that they can sit on the side line making customers pay for this repair, all the while it is a clear trend. I guess I’m going to do all I can including hunting down the leak and sealing all I can. They did say it was the back window that is not sealing so not sure how to address that. 1200$ on top of the multiple trips to the dealer for aggressive shifts, sticking in the wheel while I turn, and cracked manifold, this truck is getting exhausting. Any thoughts on why this is not the responsibility of Ram when it comes to the leak?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the infamous back window leak, thought ram would take responsibility for the faulty product they are selling. Unfortunately like plenty of other posts I see on here they have ignored their responsibility to the customer for purchasing their truck, then later shelling out money to fix a leak that was destined to happen. Definitely not fair that they can sit on the side line making customers pay for this repair, all the while it is a clear trend. I guess I’m going to do all I can including hunting down the leak and sealing all I can. They did say it was the back window that is not sealing so not sure how to address that. 1200$ on top of the multiple trips to the dealer for aggressive shifts, sticking in the wheel while I turn, and cracked manifold, this truck is getting exhausting. Any thoughts on why this is not the responsibility of Ram when it comes to the leak?
year, miles, so much info missing.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They fixed mine no issue, but I was still in warranty and the cracked frame was definitely visible.

Users who are viewing this thread