5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the fence - 2019 ram or titan.

sho

Reaction score
I found both comparable in terms of power and handling. Interior is fine in both. Exterior, in chrome less configs both look great. Some fancier stuff in ram obviously.
Couldn’t tell seats for long term comfort.
I actually liked both over gm and ford on all aspects. Even though yukon 15 is my other ride. Love tundra, but feels so wrong to buy that now.

Nissan is discounting packaged SV dramatically lower than 2nd level BigHorn/black. 32k vs 42k after all the drama. Out of 4 ram dealers I tried to work with, none seem motivated. Seems low 40k is the floor this month, whereas their stock is full and Nissan is nearly empty. I will wait another week and see.

Somehow packaged bighorns also end up more expensive then Laramie. Confusing. Wish Tundra was somehow updated.
Although on safety side it comes out way ahead of everyone else.
Need lots of legroom in the back.
Not much prior experience with ram or dodge, but do need the full size again and these 2 just seem the best to me.

Btw, feedback on Nissan forum was - buy a Tundra. That was very funny. Thanks a lot for all your feedback. Will let you know what ends up happening.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found both comparable in terms of power and handling. Interior is fine in both. Exterior, in chrome less configs both look great. Some fancier stuff in ram obviously.
Couldn’t tell seats for long term comfort.
I actually liked both over gm and ford on all aspects. Even though yukon 15 is my other ride. Love tundra, but feels so wrong to buy that now.

Nissan is discounting packaged SV dramatically lower than 2nd level BigHorn/black. 32k vs 42k after all the drama. Out of 4 ram dealers I tried to work with, none seem motivated. Seems low 40k is the floor this month, whereas their stock is full and Nissan is nearly empty. I will wait another week and see.

Somehow packaged bighorns also end up more expensive then Laramie. Confusing. Wish Tundra was somehow updated.
Although on safety side it comes out way ahead of everyone else.
Need lots of legroom in the back.
Not much prior experience with ram or dodge, but do need the full size again and these 2 just seem the best to me.

Btw, feedback on Nissan forum was - buy a Tundra. That was very funny. Thanks a lot for all your feedback. Will let you know what ends up happening.
Hmm...a Big Horn 4x4 crew cab with Level 2 should be $46k (more if you add other options). Then you subtract a $4,000 cash allowance, $500 cash if you’re in the Southwest, $2,300 cash if you get a Big Horn...and that’s before any dealer discounts, which can typically get you 1% below invoice before all of the above. You might check out some of the pricing threads on here. Good luck!

Socks

Reaction score
For the dogs sake, I was choosing between a f150 and ram (gen5). The only two on the market with a flat rear floor. I've rented all to have for 2-3 days: ford, toyota, ram (4th gen), gm and nissan. Just to see how she likes it in the back. The titan has a small transmission hump, I believe some have that fold out flat floor kind of like the gen4 ram. It sort of works, but when the need arises to brake a little harder she fell into that space that doesn't go all the way to the front seats.

But, lifting up the rear seats and putting a dog bed down on the floor and she was in paradise in only the f150. That being said, I'm leaning toward the new ram for the quality interior and new 2019 has a flat rear floor. Cant rent one for a day or two but just knowing that flat floor was the best for her made it a choice of ford or ram.

Just to clarify: she is a 85lb dog half greyhound and half labrador. So a decently large dog but older at 10 years.

Edit: I cant have kids so the dogs comfort takes priority in the back seat

Socks

Reaction score
Here is are some pictures when we rented the f150 for a beach day. Windows down she can put her head out the window without scratching the doors. You can see her doggy bed on the floor. Cause there is no transmission hump, when the windows are up she gets air from the center console rear vents. All things the ram has as well. Also you can see even with a big dog. We both fit in the back seat floor comfortably.

Edit: so you can seat 3 with a big dog. 2 adults in front (or 2 adults and a small kid with a bench). 1 adult in back (split folding rear seat) and plenty of space for a dog. Also, dont let the dog put its head out the window going fast. It's bad for their lungs.

Attachments

• IMG_20180922_194937_270.jpg
    IMG_20180922_194937_270.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20180922_194955_196.jpg
    IMG_20180922_194955_196.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

CornTrucks

Reaction score
What I’m looking at in Nebraska for advertised discounts leaves a 47k Titan SV costing 33k, and a comparable 50kish Ram Big Horn ends up around 38k. One other thing to factor in is the options packaging. The Titan I’m looking at for this includes side steps, a bed liner, and navigation while the Ram has none of these at this price. Also, all Titans have a V8 standard, so that’s included in the base prices.

If you are really going for value, the 2018 Rams offer a bigger discount and are preventing the new 2019 Rams from getting really cost competitive yet. We are about to buy a 2018 Big Horn with $16,750 in discounts, getting the price down to just a bit over 30k. Just remember to look at the total price you are going to pay, as this is the only number that matters.

Other than that, get the one you want to drive. You can get a good value on any brand of pickup if you buy the right one at the right time.

Last edited:

sho

Reaction score
The biggest functional differences I have found so far is the slightly smaller 2nd row leg/dog room and lack of second row center seat head rest and seat foam in the Titan. The latter is the real deal breaker for me. The rest is all the same. Trying to figure
If there are options. Laramie also seems to have the reclining 2nd row, like the Tundra. Going to make a push for good deal this week. Thanks a lot.

Bacoviah

Reaction score
FWIW. I was also looking st the Nissan before the I bought the ram. I test drove the Titan for about 30 minutes and my *** and back were killing me. I love the Titan and really wanted one but had to walk away after that.

Users who are viewing this thread