5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the fence - 2019 ram or titan.

sho

Reaction score
Like a lot about the ride of Big Horn and also considered Laramie, but trying to justify 10k difference between RAM and Titan ( Crew, 4x4 ).
Anyone in similar situation ? Any convincing arguments ? Seems the new RAM is 1-2' larger in most places, including wheelbase.
Both have amazing torque and driving experience. Safety features seem on par as well. Payload is close, though curiously Titan's increases with 4x4, not the other way.
Nobody at the dealer has a clue why. Previously drove Ford XLT 2x

sgk

Reaction score
And welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will find lots of good info and biased opinions to your initial question. Also, hope you make the right choice so we can still talk to you. :D

sho

Reaction score
Arhg. forgot to mention. Nissan offers the hard to resist 5y/100.000 miles full warranty. Anyone had any issues with 2019 electronics so far ? 8 and 12 inch ipads by FCA seem a bit intimidating.
I am at 43k for big horn, with level2 and tbd for Laramie. Titan SV, some black package is $34. To make things more difficult, after almost leaving the deposit on cloth config, wife bought a dog. Now contemplating weird covers or more expensive trims.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does that $43K include the (huge) incentives for Big Horns right now? They're advertising up to $13,400 in savings on Big Horns / Lone Stars here in Texas right now.

I don't care for the exterior design of the Titan at all, but I understand that looks are subjective. The regular Titan has better proportions than the XD.

The interior of the Ram (especially at Laramie and above) starts to really distance itself from the competition. Sit in the backseat...it's like a living room compared to most trucks.

If you haven't already, you should drive both. They both have good powertrains. But the Ram rides really nice on that coil suspension...and even better (IMO) on the air suspension. It's also amazingly quiet inside for a truck.

Depending on the configuration, the Ram has up to 2,000 lbs more towing capacity and 300 lb more payload. I guess it's just a bit bigger, as you said. In fact, the Ram tows about as much as a Titan XD, although the XD has more payload.

Good luck with your decision!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drove both trucks back to back, the Nissan, ram, gmc, Chevy, ford and toyota are all within walking distance of one another making comparisons easy. Ford first then Toyota, Nissan and Ram was last. I was driving a 2015 gmc sierra at the time and pissed at GM so GMC and Chevy were not an option plus the 19s suck anyways. Long story short the Ram looks the best, has the nicest interior, best ride and quietest cabin. As far as warranty, look up mopar direct extended warranty on Google 5 year 100000 max care is $1495.00 use this as bargaining and make it part of the deal, it's all about negotiating it in upfront before you agree on price and they try to sell it while you are doing the final paper work . I too was tempted by nissans warranty but the ram was just a much nicer vehicle. Sticker on my ram was 54k I paid 44k with a 5 year 100k mile warranty and got $3k above blue book for my GMC. It's all about making monthly quotas to get the factory bonus, not making money on the actual sale keep this in mind and make a ridiculous offer .

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
I haven’t driven a Titan in about 10 years, but at that time was comparing to a Silverado. There was a price advantage then also, but although the truck was ‘decent enough’ the Silverado won just based on ride and refinement. It depends on how you use it and what you like, this is coming from someone who despised Dodge until 2011 when I bought my first Ram

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I just built a nissan on their site as close as i could to my order. Nissan was $768 cheeper and did not have some things mine has, like power boards, 12" nav screen, 22" wheels, air ride,and the big tank. In my case it's a no brainer.

Last edited:

XDBrad

Reaction score
I drove both trucks back to back, the Nissan, ram, gmc, Chevy, ford and toyota are all within walking distance of one another making comparisons easy. Ford first then Toyota, Nissan and Ram was last. I was driving a 2015 gmc sierra at the time and pissed at GM so GMC and Chevy were not an option plus the 19s suck anyways. Long story short the Ram looks the best, has the nicest interior, best ride and quietest cabin. As far as warranty, look up mopar direct extended warranty on Google 5 year 100000 max care is $1495.00 use this as bargaining and make it part of the deal, it's all about negotiating it in upfront before you agree on price and they try to sell it while you are doing the final paper work . I too was tempted by nissans warranty but the ram was just a much nicer vehicle. Sticker on my ram was 54k I paid 44k with a 5 year 100k mile warranty and got $3k above blue book for my GMC. It's all about making monthly quotas to get the factory bonus, not making money on the actual sale keep this in mind and make a ridiculous offer .

My case was almost exactly like Billet 1500 4X4 said above. I drove them all and ended up going with Ram as a first time Ram owner. Absolutely no regrets and as far as cost goes, most everyone on here paid ~$9-10k less than sticker. In my case my Laramie was priced at $55.5k and went out the door including TT&L at $45.5.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just built a nissan on their site as close as i could to my order. Nissan was $768 cheeper and did not have some things mine has, like power boards, 12" nav screen, 22" wheels, and the big tank. In my case it's a no brainer.
When I matched a v8 BigHorn-like trim level the Nissan was about 3k cheaper based on MSRP... not 10k. Also had a much lower tow limit if that matters to you. “Out the door costs” are a different story vs MSRP. @sho just make sure you are comparing A) the same trim levels and options, and B) you are comparing actual contract pricing including incentives. The fancier you go the closer they get. Definitely drive both before you decide. If you like Nissan and it does what you want at a better price go get one! Ram could tow heavier so that’s why I went this way.

Agitated

Reaction score
Depends on if you want a real truck or something pretending to be a strong truck.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you post the question on the Nissan forum? It would be interesting to hear their thoughts.

Here in the Midwest, buying any truck other than the big three is suspect.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Sorry, but the Nissan is butt ugly IMO. Any of the top three domestic makers smoke it in looks, chief being the RAM

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, in US News’ latest pickup truck comparison, the Tundra and Frontier tied for 10th (last). The Titan finished 9th. The 2019 Ram finished 1st. Check it out: https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-pickup-trucks.

I’m not a brand loyalist, but the Ram was a winner for my wife and me.

D

Deleted member 85

Nissan Titan is the worst depreciating pick-up truck in the world.

That's my number one reason that is not subjective as to why I would never buy one.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram is much nicer inside and out.

Look at Mopar Lifetime maximum care warranty. $200 deductible for $2,450.

Users who are viewing this thread