5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On-Screen software installation message stuck

21_Ram_BTS_Anvil

Reaction score
Hi All

I Got in the truck today and this popped up on the screen, ( see attached photo) and now it won't go away, I've restarted the truck a couple different times, and its still there.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

• Uconnect12.jpg
    Uconnect12.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 92

RangeWalk

Reaction score
I've experienced that same issue. I suspect its related to apple CarPlay notifications. Are you using CarPlay when it happens? Usually I disconnect the CarPlay and it disappears after a restart. Uconnect tech support is still looking into the issue for me.

Awood05

Reaction score
I had that message on mine when I test drove it. It was gone the next day. I figured it was related to a software update for the UConnect system. I’ve seen where others had it on there for a couple of days.

21_Ram_BTS_Anvil

Reaction score
I've experienced that same issue. I suspect its related to apple CarPlay notifications. Are you using CarPlay when it happens? Usually I disconnect the CarPlay and it disappears after a restart. Uconnect tech support is still looking into the issue for me.
Yes I was using Car Play, I did disconnect my phone and restarted truck, but the installing software message was still there.
I haven’t check yet today, hopefully it’s gone.

RangeWalk

Reaction score
I'm still going back and forth with Uconnect tech support via email. They seem pretty confused as to what might be causing this issue and are asking me to try other iPhones and android phones. I'd send your issue to Uconnect so that they know this isn't a one off deal.

Jinxy

Reaction score
Same here, bought the truck in OCT 2020 and that message has randomly appeared ever since. I use Android Auto if that makes a difference. It seems to be stuck while trying to do an over the air update. I will mention it when I bring her in for her first oil change.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nothing to do with CarPlay, I have an Android and infrequently use AA
Exactly....THIS^^^

My understanding is that is has to do with SiriusXM and that FCA is aware of the issue and that a future software update will prevent these messages from occurring in the future.

Sorceress21

Reaction score
This is actually normal. Your Uconnect system is getting a firmware update and it takes a Lloooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time. Sometimes hours, sometimes a day or two. This was told to me from the RAM tech support folks.

Users who are viewing this thread