5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On Board Air Compressors

rubrduk

Reaction score
I keep the JNC Air round as my goto, it's a battery jump-pack with an air-compressor

I heavily researched jump/compressors and I kept finding the JNC units being highly rated, they also have a 1-time free battery replacement.

I've had mine for just more than a year and it's been flawless

I specifically wanted this type of unit because I use it for my travel trailer, camping, and as a general-purpose stand-alone rescue device.

I can say that topping off the RV tires @ 65psi takes some doing,...is slow as to be expected from a portable, battery device, but 0-30psi in a truck tire is no problem.

it also easily charges from the 115v AC outlet in the truck without blowing fuses (it's a low draw)

final note: if you off-road occasionally, this will serve you until you fully commit to an onboard system and will also be an excellent rescue device and all-purpose inflator.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep the JNC Air round as my goto, it's a battery jump-pack with an air-compressor

I heavily researched jump/compressors and I kept finding the JNC units being highly rated, they also have a 1-time free battery replacement.

I've had mine for just more than a year and it's been flawless

I specifically wanted this type of unit because I use it for my travel trailer, camping, and as a general-purpose stand-alone rescue device.

I can say that topping off the RV tires @ 65psi takes some doing,...is slow as to be expected from a portable, battery device, but 0-30psi in a truck tire is no problem.

it also easily charges from the 115v AC outlet in the truck without blowing fuses (it's a low draw)

final note: if you off-road occasionally, this will serve you until you fully commit to an onboard system and will also be an excellent rescue device and all-purpose inflator.

The Sanden 709 has 7 pistons and will deliver 9 CFM per 1000 RPM at up to 200 PSI.
Try filling up 4 tires after airing them down for off road use. You will probably melt the
compressor or drain the battery.

I also use air tools on my 2008 bighorn with the York 210 compressor. So the Sanden
can do the same. In the Spring I can get under the Truck to measure for the Air Tanks
and where to mount the Train Horns.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread