5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Gas Disposal

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Four year old gas isn't worth trying to resurrect. I lived in AZ for 20 years, but I can't remember if they have hazmat disposal at the landfills. In Idaho, we have transfer stations where we can dispose of hazmat, free of charge.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Regards comments about my PRI-G post

I said it will restore it which it will. The OP gas was only 4 years old, easy peasy.
For those who say it won't, prove it.

Read here for documentation, Power Research Inc

I used to sell it. Closed my business.

Here is my personal testimony of PRI as a fuel stabilizer/restorer:
Who said it wouldn't?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My city has a local hazardous waste drop-off center, the only issue is if you bring fuel, they will not give you back the container due to the dangers of transferring fuel of unknown condition/quality.

For old fuel drop off, I simply transfer the fuel to a 1 gallon milk jug. Write old fuel 2-cycle with a black marker and hand it over to the hazardous waste folks.

It's free of charge, though the days they are open are only Wednesdays & Saturdays. This is also the place I drop off my used motor oil, coolant, oil filters, alkaline batteries, etc. Just Google "Public Waste Hazardous Drop-Off" with the name of your town, there should be one.

beetlespin

Reaction score
Dropped mine off at a hazardous waste day when I lived in NJ.

Av1

Reaction score
I wouldn't even spend my time trying to restore 4 year old gas to runnable condition.

We have a place to drop off hazardous waste.

Having said that, PRI-G and PRI-D look like great fuel additives from what I'm reading.

I'll have to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread