5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Gas Disposal

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been cleaning up my uncle's shed and found an old container of gas. It's not an oil/gas mix but he thinks it's about 4 years old. I'm not wanting to put it in any of my vehicles. I can't burn it in AZ. What's the best way to dispose of this? Do oil collection places take gas too?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I've been cleaning up my uncle's shed and found an old container of gas. It's not an oil/gas mix but he thinks it's about 4 years old. I'm not wanting to put it in any of my vehicles. I can't burn it in AZ. What's the best way to dispose of this? Do oil collection places take gas too?
get some fuel stabilizer and put it in your tank and use it up
gas is to expense to waste

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
get some fuel stabilizer and put it in your tank and use it up
gas is to expense to waste
Fuel stabilizer helps to keep gas from going bad over time, but it does nothing to restore old gas back to be usable if it's already "turned".

@wegasque, Contact your local landfill or recycler and ask them what your options are for disposing of the old gas.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fuel stabilizer helps to keep gas from going bad over time, but it does nothing to restore old gas back to be usable if it's already "turned".

@wegasque, Contact your local landfill or recycler and ask them what your options are for disposing of the old gas.
Good idea, I will, thanks. I was also thinking about asking the fire dept. Not sure if they an accelerant for training purposes or not.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
PRI-G will restore it
Very interesting. I did read something in a thread that someone used it on old gas and it breaks up the gum and varnish. The issue they had is that the gum and varnish are now suspended in the fuel so has the potential to clog up your fuel filter. This looks like a really interesting all-purpose stabilizer.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just pour it in the hole in the ground by your neighbors house.
I do that with surplus oil (I recycle my oil from actual oil changes) , but only because there is not suppose to be a hole in the groundthere.
I have put soil, dirt, even gravel down that sucker and still doesn't fill up.
I even emptied my kids sandbox they they no longer use and still couldn't fill it up.
I wonder if it goes to China.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I do that with surplus oil (I recycle my oil from actual oil changes) , but only because there is not suppose to be a hole in the groundthere.
I even emptied my kids sandbox they they no longer use and still couldn't fill it up.
Hope you don't have a water well lol

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hope you don't have a water well lol
My house is about 100 feet away from a 200 foot drop where a sand and gravel company went from rags to riches digging up the ground and extracting rock.

I'm pretty sure the town had a water leak and it ran under my driveway and caused everything to go down, and the hole is a part where the water washed away all the dirt and left only rocks.

They told us about the water leak when they put in a sidewalk and fixed it, 10 years too late. Of course they don't take ownership or repair the driveway and carport that is essentially ruined lol.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Recycling back to Mother Earth from whence it came. 👍

John Jensen

Reaction score
Regards comments about my PRI-G post

I said it will restore it which it will. The OP gas was only 4 years old, easy peasy.
For those who say it won't, prove it.

Read here for documentation, Power Research Inc

I used to sell it. Closed my business.

Here is my personal testimony of PRI as a fuel stabilizer/restorer:

Attachments

• JFJ PRI Testimony-2.pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread