5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok yea, these 5th gens have issues and its not like "everyone else"

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At least the body of my ‘19 Ram is perfectly aligned on the frame unlike my ‘17 Expedition was!:LOL: Yep, that’s right. I really like our Ford Expedition and we still have it, however it was flawed somehow. We purchased it slightly used in 2017 with 12,000 miles. Got a deal on it instead of buying new and these Platinum’s msrp in the 70k plus range. Put around 10,000 miles on it then decided to try some aftermarket wheels and tires. Purchased them from my usual tire guy and when we put them on noticed something wasn’t right. The tires on one side stuck out over an inch and the other side was flush. These new wheels were a more negative offset than stock cause I wanted a wider stance. We were thinking maybe the wheels on one side were a different offset by mistake, wishfull thinking but we checked the wheels and they were all stamped the same but we switched them anyways. Same result. Got to measuring and long story short the body of the vehicle was sitting 1 3/8” to one side off-center of the frame. Talk about quality control issues! Didn’t notice before, the stock wheels tuck way up under the fender and do not stick out at all so never noticed and it drove great. When lookin at a fairly new vehicle I was more interested in options, paint scratches, how it handled, title, if it was wrecked, exc. It had a clean title and car fax with no signs of being wrecked at all. If I was looking at a 40 year old vehicle to restore I would look at body alignment but what the heck. After I knew about it I really noticed it and it drove me nuts. Took it back to the dealer and they couldn’t believe it. They had two other Expeditions on their lot, a ‘16 and a ‘17 and they were off as well, although not as bad as mine. After verifying it had never been wrecked and everything was untouched from the factory the dealer contacted Ford and they said tough luck, it was sold used, my problem. Thankfully the dealer took it in for a day and was able to shift the body over free of charge. We didn’t know what to expect and they were nervous and so was I, but they did it! A new experience for all of us. I know they take the front ends and cabs off of Ford Super Duty diesels to work on them and it is not a problem as far as the body to frame mounts, but not an Expedition! Guess the moral of the story is you never know about any make or model and there may be quirks with anything, just hope it isn’t the one you have. Guess I could say I have had far more problems with my Ford then my Ram so far!;)

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The bed was crocked on my 2014 Ram, the dealer fixed that before I bought that one. I was glad everything lines up just right on this 2019.

Twoamen

Reaction score
I'm not critical of the 2019, I've reported here several issues:
*Split screen not saving settings
*Hood flutter - fixed
*Lane Departure warning frequency.
*Instrument cluster LED inconsistent illumination.
*NAV system displays wrong speed limit.
*Transmission shifting noticable. Like a lag in throttle response. This was a computer flash on my 2014 which fixed it. Smooth shifting/response after flash.
Now the window foggy not clearing with defroster. I wonder if a flaw in the sound deading construction in windshield? 20180908_072718.jpg

Kramersp

Reaction score
I'm not critical of the 2019, I've reported here several issues:
*Split screen not saving settings
*Hood flutter - fixed
*Lane Departure warning frequency.
*Instrument cluster LED inconsistent illumination.
*NAV system displays wrong speed limit.
*Transmission shifting noticable. Like a lag in throttle response. This was a computer flash on my 2014 which fixed it. Smooth shifting/response after flash.
Now the window foggy not clearing with defroster. I wonder if a flaw in the sound deading construction in windshield? View attachment 4367
Looks like my truck's windshield. Service said it is functioning as designed. Heck, there is wind coming from the drivers side defrost vent.

Reaction score
There are blend doors for multiple things in the newer high end AC systems, including hot/cold, left/right and top/bottom.

I had multiples go out on my Buick Enclave. Just because it's blowing air doesn't mean it's working as intended. There could still be another door that is messed up.

My Buick would pour cold air to the passenger side, no hot air. Driver side was fine, cold or hot. Then it would only route air to the top vents, nothing to the feet. Then it stopped routing hot air at all. Required multiple motors to be replaced.

Given how complex these systems are now, it might not even be mechanical. With the number of uconnect issues, it could be programming also. Unlikely, but still possible.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've heard you can see one of the doors when you remove the cabin air filter. I don't have a truck yet to try, but could someone fish an inspection camera into the bowels of the ductwork from there to see if anything is amiss? A broken or stuck door or anything else that doesn't look right?
Seems like a quick way to eliminate physical problems for someone with a poorly functioning system.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've heard you can see one of the doors when you remove the cabin air filter. I don't have a truck yet to try, but could someone fish an inspection camera into the bowels of the ductwork from there to see if anything is amiss? A broken or stuck door or anything else that doesn't look right?
Seems like a quick way to eliminate physical problems for someone with a poorly functioning system.
If it wasn't major surgery to get to the filter, I'd have already started out the door for you... but sadly one of the more annoying choices (cough*oilfilter*cough) the Ram engineers have made.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it wasn't major surgery to get to the filter, I'd have already started out the door for you... but sadly one of the more annoying choices (cough*oilfilter*cough) the Ram engineers have made.
The F150 is just as bad.

Twoamen

Reaction score
This is outside condensation. Wipers will wipe away, but it returns quick. First it is across the whole windshield, went the defrost cleans passenger side but doesn't drivers side. Feels same on fan forces, changing temperature, etc. Just driver side doesn't clean until tempature outside changes.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, that's clearly a blend door or electronic issue. You'd have to be as dumb as a dealer shop foreman to not get that.

Users who are viewing this thread