5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok yea, these 5th gens have issues and its not like "everyone else"

Kramersp

Reaction score
Well, so far the ram box kids fit like a toddler designed and installed them, need the drivers side mirror (whole thing including camera) is getting replaced today, and now the drivers side defrost on the windshield doesn't work. Won't even take the morning condensation off the drivers side. The pic was after blasting it for half an hour and using wipers. Any more stupid quality issues with this thing and I'll be driving another blue oval in 2 months. This has already had more issues than my loaded F150 EcoBoost did in 6 years. 20180906_065823.jpg

immersivenc

Reaction score
Well, so far the ram box kids fit like a toddler designed and installed them, need the drivers side mirror (whole thing including camera) is getting replaced today, and now the drivers side defrost on the windshield doesn't work. Won't even take the morning condensation off the drivers side. The pic was after blasting it for half an hour and using wipers. Any more stupid quality issues with this thing and I'll be driving another blue oval in 2 months. This has already had more issues than my loaded F150 EcoBoost did in 6 years. View attachment 4285

A majority of the 1800 miles that are on mine have been accumulated driving it to and from the shop... where it sits currently... again.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, so far the ram box kids fit like a toddler designed and installed them, need the drivers side mirror (whole thing including camera) is getting replaced today, and now the drivers side defrost on the windshield doesn't work. Won't even take the morning condensation off the drivers side. The pic was after blasting it for half an hour and using wipers. Any more stupid quality issues with this thing and I'll be driving another blue oval in 2 months. This has already had more issues than my loaded F150 EcoBoost did in 6 years. View attachment 4285
On the upside, your gauge cluster lighting looks perfect ;)

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry. Really am. I really would had though FCA would had treated this truck roll out as if it were a halo car. To me it is. Its a SIGNIFICANT model for them in terms of sales and profit. There are people with leaks. I could not own a truck that leaks. I would take a repo over owning that. We have clunks while turning, maybe a solution has been found time will tell. We have A/C performance issues. This goes beyond it getting cold enough. It involves the blend doors not working correctly. We have Uconnect issues. We have Interior trim parts that seem as if they were just laid in place. We have door gaps and alignment issues. We have air ride issues.
I know I have seen threads that say well I haven't had issues so maybe others are exaggerating. Thats BS. People may exaggerate a little but Immersivens has documented his travels very well. Others have too. I have gone from pretty pleased to driving my 13 because my almost 70 k 19 drives me crazy. We are a small sampling. There are thousands out there that do not go online and discuss these things. One guy I linked a video to has 300k views now on his RAM. He has a limited that left with mis matching trim.
I cant tell you over all how disappointed I am. I can afford to take a loss but won't. Im not going to roll 10k or more into another brand. I won't pay the difference either. Ill just have to live with it and keep the miles down and in 2 years flip into something else.

BEATIFUL truck. Honestly nicest looking and best interior best features best best best! WORST quality. Its as if they didn't even drive a truck from the assembly line. My truck has 1600 miles on it. 400 of those were from the weekend I bought it. Clunk and AC for me. Air ride sometimes cant make its mind up.

I am a broken record. I knew there would be some issues. Maybe some software updates or something. But to have the overall crap to deal with I have been making videos and will be starting to post on youtube with an honest do not buy recommendation. I know I am one person but I cant in good faith recommend these trucks. It is embarrassing to have bought an expensive vehicle and tell your neighbors that they should not do the same. I don't buy the trucks to be a show off. If I was that I would buy cars every year. I don't. So my neighbors knew I was someone that keeps my vehicles because they knew me in my white Laramie longhorn that I recommended constantly as it was an incredible truck.

FCA you let us loyal owners down. I was a Ford convert to Ram. Unless RAM does something incredible. My next purchase will not be FCA.

Agitated

Reaction score
Well, just be glad you didn't buy a Superduty with a 6.0 or 6.4 diesel. Not minimizing your issues, just saying I've seen worse. Thankfully, I have no complaints with mine except for a lackluster a/c. It does ok but I hope there's a TSB that will improve it for next summer. I still think we only hear about the issues on here, and rarely see anything positive. It's good to know information but I'm about to log off forever because it's just a bunch of whining about small stuff mostly. Mechanically this is an outstanding truck with a proven engine and transmission and axles. The rest of it I can be patient with and wait for FCA to fix these other things. I have hope that they will work on it all and get it right for us.

EddieB

Reaction score

Let me know what they say about the defrost. I am going to check a few things out this evening

Jimmyk

Reaction score
Well, just be glad you didn't buy a Superduty with a 6.0 or 6.4 diesel. Not minimizing your issues, just saying I've seen worse. Thankfully, I have no complaints with mine except for a lackluster a/c. It does ok but I hope there's a TSB that will improve it for next summer. I still think we only hear about the issues on here, and rarely see anything positive. It's good to know information but I'm about to log off forever because it's just a bunch of whining about small stuff mostly. Mechanically this is an outstanding truck with a proven engine and transmission and axles. The rest of it I can be patient with and wait for FCA to fix these other things. I have hope that they will work on it all and get it right for us.

I totally agree. People are fast to complain and very slow to praise. I have had some very minor issues with my limited and overall I am very pleased with the vehicle. If I was to go by what people post about products on the internet I would be a rich man because I would be afraid to buy anything.

Kramersp

Reaction score
The voice of those with a bad experience is always louder...

While I wish NO ONE would ever have issues, and I do believe there are more issues with the new 2019s then there should be, or wish there was.. it isn't as widespread as many are making it out to be. Its actually on par with what we experienced with the 2009's unfortunately. Either way, even looking at this forum, I would say more people are getting great trucks than there are people getting ones with a ton of issues.
This sounds like the FCA loyalists are just used to stupid little problems and accept them. That in itself is unacceptable. In my entire immediate family we have 3 Toyotas, a Chevy, 2 rams and now my new Ram. My uncles ram has been solid as far as I know and all other vehicles to include my fathers early build 2007 Tundra with the 5.7L have not had any issues. He did have the recall on the frame but experienced no issues and they took care of it during regular servicing. I do not accept defects as "ok". I just saw a 2019 limited ram box in blue on the lot at my dealer. I had to point out that there was a bad tail cap missing. REALLY!! That's ridiculous. FCA's QA/QC is absolute trash and if you disagree, no offense, but you may be a little delusional.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Oh, and charge 70k for a truck, produce a truck worth 70k. Reasonable expectations.

Phoon

Reaction score
On the bright side, we have had 3 4th gen rams and now have 2 5th gens in our Family bussiness with zero issues so far. The 2017 had one warranty issue with keyless entry and the others have been completely flawless. This was not the case with a 2015 sierra denali that we had tons of transmission issues with. It is unfortunate that some are having issues, I have zero complaints with either the limited or the laramie sport at this point and find the build quality to be good. I know people with volvo's, Mercedes etc and plenty of them have nagging little issues also. I say, if you have a complaint with a manufacturer then vote with your wallet.

Jimmyk

Reaction score
This sounds like the FCA loyalists are just used to stupid little problems and accept them. That in itself is unacceptable. In my entire immediate family we have 3 Toyotas, a Chevy, 2 rams and now my new Ram. My uncles ram has been solid as far as I know and all other vehicles to include my fathers early build 2007 Tundra with the 5.7L have not had any issues. He did have the recall on the frame but experienced no issues and they took care of it during regular servicing. I do not accept defects as "ok". I just saw a 2019 limited ram box in blue on the lot at my dealer. I had to point out that there was a bad tail cap missing. REALLY!! That's ridiculous. FCA's QA/QC is absolute trash and if you disagree, no offense, but you may be a little delusional.

Not a loyalist to anyone. Its just a truck. Its under warranty and it will get fixed. If I was that unhappy with my truck I would trade it in and get something else.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I totally agree. People are fast to complain and very slow to praise. I have had some very minor issues with my limited and overall I am very pleased with the vehicle. If I was to go by what people post about products on the internet I would be a rich man because I would be afraid to buy anything.

This is soooo far from the actual truth! My praise came when I bought the truck.. The praise came from when I trusted them enough to pay my money for the truck.. the praise came from my ownership of a 13 that I welded the hood shut and just drove. My praise came until the problems came. This attitude of people that feel we cant express our dissatisfaction with a truck we bought is more than frustrating. We DEPEND on peoples feed back to buy things in this day and age. Reviews on Cell phones are huge on youtube. Car reviews on youtube. We are fortunate that there are places for us to express our feelings about a large purchase.

Vehicle prices are skyrocketing and manufactures should not get away with subpar products. Defending them is more a problem than the actual issues. Unless you were someone that had serious problems then you never know how it feels. Its easy to throw out "If I was to go by what people post about products on the internet I would be a rich man because I would be afraid to buy anything" but if I keep ONE person from having to deal with what I am then I am happy.

You can dismiss 'Minor" issues and yes all brands have issues unless brands are called out on those issues then they won't be fixed. These forums exist just for these reasons. if we all came on here and sang praise it would be a boring place and probably wouldn't get much traffic.

Jimmyk

Reaction score
This is soooo far from the actual truth! My praise came when I bought the truck.. The praise came from when I trusted them enough to pay my money for the truck.. the praise came from my ownership of a 13 that I welded the hood shut and just drove. My praise came until the problems came. This attitude of people that feel we cant express our dissatisfaction with a truck we bought is more than frustrating. We DEPEND on peoples feed back to buy things in this day and age. Reviews on Cell phones are huge on youtube. Car reviews on youtube. We are fortunate that there are places for us to express our feelings about a large purchase.

Vehicle prices are skyrocketing and manufactures should not get away with subpar products. Defending them is more a problem than the actual issues. Unless you were someone that had serious problems then you never know how it feels. Its easy to throw out "If I was to go by what people post about products on the internet I would be a rich man because I would be afraid to buy anything" but if I keep ONE person from having to deal with what I am then I am happy.

You can dismiss 'Minor" issues and yes all brands have issues unless brands are called out on those issues then they won't be fixed. These forums exist just for these reasons. if we all came on here and sang praise it would be a boring place and probably wouldn't get much traffic.

I have had serious issues. I had a 2014 Longhorn that leaked water all over the interior and ruined the headliner and all the leather on the back seat and carpet. FCA made it right and the dealer put me in another vehicle and I was very satisfied with the end result. Stuff happens...

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2014 never had one issue in the 4.5 years I had it. I kept hearing about leaks and I would be vidulant about checking the rear carpet and cubbies for water but it never did leak. I have only had this 2019 one week so it's a bit early but the only thing I noticed is the glove box seems to get jammed and won't open on the first pull all the time. Not worth making a trip to the dealer just for that though.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Complaining about your truck on a forum is like yelling at your TV during a football game. It does nothing but give you momentary relief. The end result is nothing happens.

When I started my campaign against FCA about the air ride in 4th Gen Rebel and high trim level Rams, I blanketed the web with information about "this and that" and ranted till my fingers were numb. Joined any group or forum that had affected members and... nothing happened.

I learned the hard way that dissatisfaction with my vehicle was going to have to be resolved by working with my dealership in a calm and professional manner, using what I learned on the web as ammunition and bargaining chips for what turned out to be a satisfying conclusion. I've noticed those who have had the greatest success on this or any other forum have had it with continuous communication with their dealer and firm resolve that their issues will be corrected.

Whether it be a $5 trinket or a $70k truck, venting online will not replace or resolve an issue. Being heard is important for mental health in these situations, I know, but go to the people who can help and do not take no for an answer.

I leave the soap box to the next in line.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Complaining online does do something. This is the new town square and manufacturers and publications take notice of things like this. As far as getting things fixed, yes work with your dealer. My dealer is awesome and has been very supportive. My flickering drivers side camera issue is still not resolved after replacing the entire mirror assembly so they have opened a STAR case and are trying to figure out options. Going back to issues, Ram hasn't made very many 5th gen trucks yet. They just haven't. I get seeing a few issues if they have pumped out half a million trucks, it's just numbers. People say they heard a guy with an F150 have this, a GM have that, yea, but those companies have put out 500k truck this year alone. This 5th gen has been just sloppy. Mismatched seats, missing trim, leaks, mismatch trim (chrome on one side windows, black on the other) ect. These are things an untrained regular person would find with ease let alone a factory QA. Yea, they need to make major changes and make them quick.

Final note, I still smile when I drive that truck. I took it into the mud yesterday too.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A trim mismatch, at this point, I'm willing to bet they are shipping anyway to keep the production flowing and at the time they had storage lots full of held rambox trucks. There probably wasn't room for them to be pulled for a few days. The assembly line computers have gotten crossed up and readied the wrong trim piece for installation, the worker only focuses on his job and qc likely ships it knowing there's an issue in order to hit ramp up production numbers. Yes it's wrong but that's life in a high volume build.

Users who are viewing this thread