5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Udder XL

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Tried again last month…and failed again. The Oil Udder did great at catching the initial oil spillage. But there’s just not enough room to get the filter out without turning it fully sideways, and that’s not possible until the Oil Udder is out of the way. So I’ll go back to the slightly-less-messy two-bag method.

I fully acknowledge that you all may have figured out a trick that I haven’t. Or am I experiencing a worst-case scenario with 4WD, air suspension, and Off-Road Group?
I have air suspension.
I put it on OR2, not sure if it matters.

On the way down to make it easier you can pop out a christmas tree push clip and bend some wires (they are sturdy).
Make sure you are wearing gloves so you don't bang up your hand, it is a tight fit but you can get it down in the normal upside down position even without popping out the clip (I left my clip not connected as the cables are tight anyways)

It is even harder if you use an SRT filter like me, I had to upgrade to the XXL version as the XL was almost the exact size of the oil filter, meaning it was useless except as a grip.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use a hose on the Udder to drain into my pan and after slightly dropping down a bit I pour the excess oil out of the filter with a slight tip and then remove everything together.

Yeah, I put a 1.5' long piece of vinyl tubing on mine. I use the rubber plug that comes with the Oil Udder to plug the end of the vinyl tubing when I'm maneuvering the filter clear of the steering rack.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not used my udder or my fumoto yet because I just installed the fumoto last oil change. I only played with it a bit to test it.

I was looking forward to using that combo on my next oil change. I usually have to have the filter horizontal to remove it as well and I use the smaller Fram ultra synthetic so I guess we'll see what club I end up in LOL

I still got 90% on oil meter so it will be a bit.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use a hose on the Udder to drain into my pan and after slightly dropping down a bit I pour the excess oil out of the filter with a slight tip and then remove everything together.
What size Udder do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/