5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Leak

gdeekhoff

Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab
11,000 miles.

Bought a new-to-me Laramie a few weeks ago with 10,000 miles on it. My wife notified me yesterday that I was making a oil leak spot in the garage! Checked it out when I got home and it's leaking from under the very front of the engine bay - see attached. Planning on taking it to the dealer asap, but wanted to see if anyone else has seen something like this.

IMG_20191011_172714232.jpg

Oliver392

Reaction score
It also could simply have been a mess from the last oil change. Maybe someone was in a rush and didn't clean up very well. Pretty hard to pull the filter without getting some oil on the electric power steering unit. I would wipe the area clean and then spray it with brake cleaner, wipe again. Get it all clean. Now keep an eye on it.

borden72

Reaction score
Had the same issue on my 2013 once. It was a loose filter.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab
11,000 miles.

Bought a new-to-me Laramie a few weeks ago with 10,000 miles on it. My wife notified me yesterday that I was making a oil leak spot in the garage! Checked it out when I got home and it's leaking from under the very front of the engine bay - see attached. Planning on taking it to the dealer asap, but wanted to see if anyone else has seen something like this.

View attachment 37674

Hi gdeekhoff,
Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If you need additional assistance we are available through private message!
Laura
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread