5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Filter question and first oil change?

tom318

Reaction score
Planning to do my first oil change this weekend and slowly getting all the parts together but this is becoming a bigger pain than i thought. I have the oil figured out thanks to many previous threads. Ill be going with the Pennzoil Platinum Euro Full synthetic 5w40.
Next im trying to source the oil filter. Obviously the dealer is crazy and quoted $97 for that and also $14 for each quart of oil, so no thanks.
Found an oil filter on dieselfilteronline for $44 which is better but still up there. (PN 68507958AA). Appears to be the filter element and canister, is that necessary?
So then i go to the mopar site and find this PN 68191349AC for $12.45. Says its for a 2020 Ram 1500 DT Ecodiesel. Is mopar wrong for listing this for a 2020 1500 DT ED?
Links below to all.
Which do I get? Seems to be the mopar one for $12.45 should do the trick unless those canisters break each time you take it off or the mopar site is wrong.

Oil

Oil filter from dieselfilteronline

Oil filter from Mopar store

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the listing you show from the mopar site is erroneous. That's supposed to be for 3.6L gas engine I believe.

The correct oil filter for the EcoDiesel 2020-2021 is the one you linked from dieselfiltersonline.com and that is the lowest price you will find on it anywhere. While you're at it, go ahead and get the fuel filter from them too so you'll have it at your second service interval.

tom318

Reaction score
I'm literally in the middle of now locating that PN now for the fuel filter. If the oil filter from them is the correct one ill get 2 so i dont deal with paying $10 for shipping just one next time.
Right now, I'm thinking this is the correct PN 68432442AB for the fuel filter but ill keep digging this forum and the websites. I'm seeing different #s

NC Rebel

Reaction score
Last edited:

tom318

Reaction score
Thanks guys! All is ordered along with a Fumoto valve, F106S. Have enough for 2 services! Anyone have a photo of the fumoto valve installed?

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope, wrong number.

Fuel filter is 68436631AA

It's shared with the Cummins 2019+ trucks

Oil filter is correct, 68507598AA

tom318

Reaction score
Nope, wrong number.

Fuel filter is 68436631AA

It's shared with the Cummins 2019+ trucks

Oil filter is correct, 68507598AA

Always something....I’ll say of all the cars I’ve owned, Info on maintaining this one isn’t the clearest. I’ll call them tomorrow to see if they can correct it. Interesting thing is they refunded me $10.90 immediately after the order Was placed with no description what so ever. I assumed it was savings on shipping but that happens to be the exact difference in cost between what i ordered and the PN you just gave me. Maybe the vendor actually corrected my mistake without saying a word.

NC Rebel

Reaction score
I updated the link . They in fact sent me the correct fuel filter even though they listed another part number. I'd call them if you haven't already just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread