5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil change

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
It looked like this. Remove the plug, put the funnel when the flow starts to slow down to avoid it spilling over the sway bar. View attachment 105239
that is a pretty good idea.

what did you do for the filter?

I saw a video where one person put a ziplock bag over it and another video where they punched a hole in the filter and then a funnel to catch the oil.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
that is a pretty good idea.

what did you do for the filter?

I saw a video where one person put a ziplock bag over it and another video where they punched a hole in the filter and then a funnel to catch the oil.
I just used a grocery plastic bag - put it on filter and unscrewed it, bag and filter together.

Conundrum

Reaction score
Well, after reading this I'm not looking forward to doing this myself. 😆 The dealer I got my new truck from is offering the first two oil changes for free, but they are an hour drive one way to get to. I might attempt it myself or just go to a dealer or shop locally. One popular shop near me has a pit in the floor and you don't even have to get out of the vehicle for the oil change.

wvinson

Reaction score
Get a local shop to do it -- like I said earlier -- I provide my own oil and filter and they charge me $15. It always takes less than 30 minutes and no used oil to mess with.

Users who are viewing this thread