5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

offset...how much of a difference

Bink

Reaction score
I am looking to order new wheels for my Laramie. The factory offset for the 20s is 19mm, and one wheel I am looking at 12mm. I am trying to keep things as close to stock as possible, and I do not want a wheel sticking out from my truck (nothing against people who do, just not my style personally). 7mm doesn't seem like a lot, but does anyone know if this will be a noticeable difference in terms of them sticking out? Always appreciate the help!

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Lol no... +12mm is still going to be completely tucked inside the wheel well... You have to step up to a - offset before you start seeing any "poke"

Make sure the wheels are a + offset if you don't want them sticking out at all

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m looking at a set of 22x9.5 ET0 and want to run 305/45/22(toyo proxies s/t 3). That should fit no issue right?

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
From everything I’ve seen and read and researched a -12 offset on a 9” wheel will put most 11.5” wide tire outside tread edge even with the outside edge of the stock flares or 1/2” outside the fender on trucks without flares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
I recently did Fuel 20x9 +20 with 295/60 Ridge Grapplers after doing a spacer/links level. They sit nearly inline with the fender. At +12 you should be good.

Bink

Reaction score
FYI, 25MM is equal to 1 inch.

The difference between +19ET and +12 is only 7MM, or roughly .25”
I saw that when I did the calculation, but I thought there was something I was missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/