5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official thread for pictures of Ram towing campers

BigBuss54

Reaction score
Do the sumos make it ride stiff? I've been thinking about adding some gas shocks to help the ride but I'm finding more and more adding sumos.
Yes. I will say. They are great while towing. But having them on every single day with no load. It’s really bumpy. Even worse when it’s cold out. I don’t fully regret getting sumos because I do like them when towing. But I should have went with the Timbren brand that is pretty much plug and play so I can take them out in 5 minutes. The sumo springs are bolted in place. Timbren just press in and pull out.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also have sumos and they are bumpy stiff. Sumo said they can be cut tapered to make the engagement softer. Interestingly, I used the spacer on an ORP truck and they ride on the sumos, so maybe skip that spacer. They do help towing.

BigBuss54

Reaction score
I also have sumos and they are bumpy stiff. Sumo said they can be cut tapered to make the engagement softer. Interestingly, I used the spacer on an ORP truck and they ride on the sumos, so maybe skip that spacer. They do help towing.
I have been thinking about cutting them a bit myself. Like maybe one ring worth. Did you happen to cut yours?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been thinking about cutting them a bit myself. Like maybe one ring worth. Did you happen to cut yours?
Not yet, it's winter here and I don't have room in the garage to work on it right now. I will put a big 45 degree chamfer on mine with a belt sander, probably about 2 rings worth. I don't want to shorten them, you just change the point of impact. I had them on my GMC also and by the time the shocks were worn (as was the truck), they simply smacked on deeper bumps.

djgiron

Reaction score
Just got a Wildwood 273qbxl, have to pick it up from Ohio and pull it back to CO next month (will add the photo after my trip back). It will max my payload with us in the truck (I have a Limited). Hoping the hybrid Ram allows for more payload in Limited or Tungsten build!

Users who are viewing this thread