5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl Thread

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Ivory Tri Coat has yellowed on the plastic parts quite a bit over the 10 months of ownership. The truck spends most of it's life under a shared carport. I'm waiting for Chrysler to fix differential issues. Here is a picture of the color change. The wheel arches, front facia and ran box lids look awful. View attachment 35830
That’s pretty noticeable

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Ivory Tri Coat has yellowed on the plastic parts quite a bit over the 10 months of ownership. The truck spends most of it's life under a shared carport. I'm waiting for Chrysler to fix differential issues. Here is a picture of the color change. The wheel arches, front facia and ram box lids look awful. View attachment 35830
Have you brought this to FCA's attention yet? What specifically have they told you so far? I too have the ivory tri-coat and am very interested in their response. I purchased my Limited in August 2018, and so far have not seen this issue, but am aware that others and now you, have. If mine starts to show this and FCA will not rectify, I will trade immediately. Please, please keep us informed. This is entirely unacceptable for this to happen.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Have you brought this to FCA's attention yet? What specifically have they told you so far? I too have the ivory tri-coat and am very interested in their response. I purchased my Limited in August 2018, and so far have not seen this issue, but am aware that others and now you, have. If mine starts to show this and FCA will not rectify, I will trade immediately. Please, please keep us informed. This is entirely unacceptable for this to happen.
I just informed my service manager today. I am waiting for the Chrysler area manager to look at my truck again. The paint isn't the only issue. I have quite the list, such as front and rear differential stuff. Rudimentary things that should not be screwed up.

I will keep you informed when I find something out.

Chrysler has an enhanced customer service case open on my truck. That's pretty much a joke. The agent called me and asked if my truck was fixed. She didn't even research anything before calling. Said she would call back on 9/12:and never did.

natew51

Reaction score
I just informed my service manager today. I am waiting for the Chrysler area manager to look at my truck again. The paint isn't the only issue. I have quite the list, such as front and rear differential stuff. Rudimentary things that should not be screwed up.

I will keep you informed when I find something out.

Chrysler has an enhanced customer service case open on my truck. That's pretty much a joke. The agent called me and asked if my truck was fixed. She didn't even research anything before calling. Said she would call back on 9/12:and never did.

I too am very interested to see what happens here. I feel like my flares have looked different from day one and I know that the pearlized paint can have that effect when applied to different materials (specifically white), but doesn't seem like it should get noticeably worse over such a short amount of time.

To be honest, the paint on my truck is my biggest complaint. Paint run on passenger rear door (repaired), paint run on bottom of drivers door (have just left it) and now found a coverage issue on the side of the box. Hard to see unless just at the right angle, but I'm afraid to have it fixed as the dealer just seems to continue to F up more stuff the more I take it back.

I did just make some really good connections within FCA through my job that I can reach out to and see if there is a better way to escalate this issue if you think it would be helpful. None of us should be stuck with this sort of subpar quality when you look at the $'s we each paid. As someone earlier said....completely unacceptable. Please let me know if I can help out in any way....can't guarantee it will help, but I'm more than willing to try.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I too am very interested to see what happens here. I feel like my flares have looked different from day one and I know that the pearlized paint can have that effect when applied to different materials (specifically white), but doesn't seem like it should get noticeably worse over such a short amount of time.

To be honest, the paint on my truck is my biggest complaint. Paint run on passenger rear door (repaired), paint run on bottom of drivers door (have just left it) and now found a coverage issue on the side of the box. Hard to see unless just at the right angle, but I'm afraid to have it fixed as the dealer just seems to continue to F up more stuff the more I take it back.

I did just make some really good connections within FCA through my job that I can reach out to and see if there is a better way to escalate this issue if you think it would be helpful. None of us should be stuck with this sort of subpar quality when you look at the $'s we each paid. As someone earlier said....completely unacceptable. Please let me know if I can help out in any way....can't guarantee it will help, but I'm more than willing to try.
I would be most appreciative of any help I could get. My service manager is going to set up a meeting with me and the Chrysler area manager to try and accomplish something with my truck.

The paint is the least of all issues, but still requires attention. My truck is quite a lemon. Simple rudimentary things like rear and front differentials are bad. The dealer attempted to repair the rear differential per the Chrysler area manager's directives, but only made it worse. The truck sounds like a 1950's pickup truck instead of the luxurious quiet cabin it was intended to have. I am not at all impressed with Ram quality.

My service manager is doing his best to try and get things sorted out. It is going to be a long long haul with the issues and problems my $70,000 Longhorn is plagued with.

To add insult to injury, the dealer opened a case on my truck. I received a call from Chrysler Enhanced Customer Service. The agent asked me if my truck was fixed yet? Seriously, she didn't even research the case before calling me. She finally called again yesterday asking the same question. Obviously she hasn't been in touch with the Chrysler area manager or the dealer. What a joke. I guess that department exists as an extra layer of passification to try and get you to give up trying to get the vehicle fixed. Totally ridiculous. Hopefully I'll get somewhere when I finally meet the Chrysler area manager who already drove my truck once.

Sorry for the rant, but for what I paid, I would expect more than being treated like I bought a $3,000 used car. With the Limited and Longhorn interior design rivaling that of a Mercedes S class, FCA needs to up the customer service to match.

To answer your question, yes I absolutely would appreciate any help! Thanks for your kindness.

JRadford43

Reaction score
20190918_180149.jpg 20190804_185905.jpg
20190728_175543.jpg

Still have a ton I want to do to the truck but so far I've done: 275/60/r20 cooper discovers at3 4s. Tinted front windows, pedal commander, and led third brake light.

Next up over time: bed liner, bed cover, level, and power steps.

natew51

Reaction score
I would be most appreciative of any help I could get. My service manager is going to set up a meeting with me and the Chrysler area manager to try and accomplish something with my truck.

The paint is the least of all issues, but still requires attention. My truck is quite a lemon. Simple rudimentary things like rear and front differentials are bad. The dealer attempted to repair the rear differential per the Chrysler area manager's directives, but only made it worse. The truck sounds like a 1950's pickup truck instead of the luxurious quiet cabin it was intended to have. I am not at all impressed with Ram quality.

My service manager is doing his best to try and get things sorted out. It is going to be a long long haul with the issues and problems my $70,000 Longhorn is plagued with.

To add insult to injury, the dealer opened a case on my truck. I received a call from Chrysler Enhanced Customer Service. The agent asked me if my truck was fixed yet? Seriously, she didn't even research the case before calling me. She finally called again yesterday asking the same question. Obviously she hasn't been in touch with the Chrysler area manager or the dealer. What a joke. I guess that department exists as an extra layer of passification to try and get you to give up trying to get the vehicle fixed. Totally ridiculous. Hopefully I'll get somewhere when I finally meet the Chrysler area manager who already drove my truck once.

Sorry for the rant, but for what I paid, I would expect more than being treated like I bought a $3,000 used car. With the Limited and Longhorn interior design rivaling that of a Mercedes S class, FCA needs to up the customer service to match.

To answer your question, yes I absolutely would appreciate any help! Thanks for your kindness.

Hey There,
Sorry for the delay, it has been a whopper of a couple weeks and so finally getting a chance to get caught up on a few personal things. I wanted to let you know that I've contacted the guys I know at FCA with info relative to your situation. I also included the photo you had on this thread. I'm hopeful one or both will reply with some insight and direction on bypassing the BS a guy has to go through and get you to a decision maker that can actually do something. Like I mentioned, can't promise anything, but giving it my best try. I will let you know if I get a reply and what they say.

Kind Regards,
Nate

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Hey There,
Sorry for the delay, it has been a whopper of a couple weeks and so finally getting a chance to get caught up on a few personal things. I wanted to let you know that I've contacted the guys I know at FCA with info relative to your situation. I also included the photo you had on this thread. I'm hopeful one or both will reply with some insight and direction on bypassing the BS a guy has to go through and get you to a decision maker that can actually do something. Like I mentioned, can't promise anything, but giving it my best try. I will let you know if I get a reply and what they say.

Kind Regards,
Nate
Hi Nate,

I really appreciate your help and your kindness.

I love this truck and would buy another one in a heartbeat. I just got a bad one.

I'm hoping to meet up with the Chrysler area rep within the next few weeks to get all the Differential malfunctions fixed.

Chrysler Enhanced Customer Service is pretty much worthless. The service manager at the dealership has done more for me than Chrysler Enhanced Customer Service has.

I have about 2,700 miles on the truck and every single Mile has been put on in order to diagnose clunks, high pitched noises, rattles, squeaks and numerous factory defects. No mileage has been for enjoyment at this point.

I've got quite the audience of colleagues, friends, family and officers of the company where I work following this situation. It's providing them with a lot of entertainment value (at my expense - of course).

We farm out our I.T. work at my company. The contractor who performs our I.T. work said I inspired him. He was going to buy a Ram 1500 exactly like mine. He bought an F-150 instead.

Any brand can produce a lemon. Like I said, I just got a bad one. What really matters is how the manufacturer takes care of you when something like this happens. Let's just say I've had my truck in the shop since June for over 32 cumulative days for the same problem (defective differebtuals) and I still haven't gotten anywhere.

Hopefully between what you have done, Nate, and the Chrysler Area Manager, I'll finally get this all sorted out.

Thanks Nate!

Chris

natew51

Reaction score
Hi Nate,

I really appreciate your help and your kindness.

I love this truck and would buy another one in a heartbeat. I just got a bad one.

I'm hoping to meet up with the Chrysler area rep within the next few weeks to get all the Differential malfunctions fixed.

Chrysler Enhanced Customer Service is pretty much worthless. The service manager at the dealership has done more for me than Chrysler Enhanced Customer Service has.

I have about 2,700 miles on the truck and every single Mile has been put on in order to diagnose clunks, high pitched noises, rattles, squeaks and numerous factory defects. No mileage has been for enjoyment at this point.

I've got quite the audience of colleagues, friends, family and officers of the company where I work following this situation. It's providing them with a lot of entertainment value (at my expense - of course).

We farm out our I.T. work at my company. The contractor who performs our I.T. work said I inspired him. He was going to buy a Ram 1500 exactly like mine. He bought an F-150 instead.

Any brand can produce a lemon. Like I said, I just got a bad one. What really matters is how the manufacturer takes care of you when something like this happens. Let's just say I've had my truck in the shop since June for over 32 cumulative days for the same problem (defective differebtuals) and I still haven't gotten anywhere.

Hopefully between what you have done, Nate, and the Chrysler Area Manager, I'll finally get this all sorted out.

Thanks Nate!

Chris

Hey Chris,
Got a reply back immediately and they asked me for the VIN so they can jump on this. If you want to send me a DM with that, I will get that over to them and hopefully keep this thing moving for ya!

N

rescueswimmer

Reaction score
Hello, Wanted to get some info. I stopped by my local Ram dealer yesterday. I thought I was ready to order a Silver with Night package but the wife is tired of silver so she had mentioned white. So long story short. I took a look at 4 Rams they had a 2500 in Ivory tri coat that looked almost like a cream color, and 3 1500's 2 were the Ivory Tri coat and 1 was Brigth white. It was kind of an overcast day but I really had a hard time telling the difference between the 3 1500's. I'm going to stop back on a sunny day after they have been washed. Can someone tell me what exactly the difference is on the tricoat. Is it supposed to have a shimmer to it?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After trolling for a few weeks here is mine.
20x10 -19 Hostile Rage
33x11.50 Ridge Grappler
2 inch ReadyLift
BakFlip MX4
GoRhino D6 steps
053b7d6eceb6007818bd86e301240e44.jpg
8a2216f47dcc9bf897c390549a92f006.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Do you have a side view from front and back to see how much your tires poke out? Nice setup!

kipeharris

Reaction score
Hello, Wanted to get some info. I stopped by my local Ram dealer yesterday. I thought I was ready to order a Silver with Night package but the wife is tired of silver so she had mentioned white. So long story short. I took a look at 4 Rams they had a 2500 in Ivory tri coat that looked almost like a cream color, and 3 1500's 2 were the Ivory Tri coat and 1 was Brigth white. It was kind of an overcast day but I really had a hard time telling the difference between the 3 1500's. I'm going to stop back on a sunny day after they have been washed. Can someone tell me what exactly the difference is on the tricoat. Is it supposed to have a shimmer to it?

I know this is late but for anyone still looking...
The truck below is a clean Ivory Tri-Coat on a sunny morning.

Attachments

• Truck.jpeg
    Truck.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 277

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this is late but for anyone still looking...
The truck below is a clean Ivory Tri-Coat on a sunny morning.
What time of day was the picture taken? Also was the sun setting or rising and was it to your back when you took the picture? It is a good picture and does give your truck a much deeper ivory look. I too own a truck with the tri coat and don’t recall it ever looking that “ivory”. It is a tricky color, and the lighting conditions really affect it.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Probably the “yellowing” that is happening with Jeeps and Rams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60hertz

Reaction score
Do you have a side view from front and back to see how much your tires poke out? Nice setup!
Sorry but I just saw this. I don't have a picture but I can get one later today. I have since added the weather tech mud flaps since the tires do stick out a half inch or so. After adding these the only place I get any sling off is on the rear edge of the front bumper.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread