5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official G/T Ram Thread

yup ram

Reaction score
I’ve been hearing that the exhaust and cold air intake dosent add much pick up. I’m a little disappointed in that I thought it would that’s why I ordered the GT. Guess I will have to add a few more things to get some more hp. How’s it feel to you when you hit the pedal?
To be honest, i haven't really gotten on it yet. Pedal still hasn't found the floor. Its definitely got some pep though. From my experience CAI/catback exhaust upgrades aren't really noticeable even if they do claim to increase horsepower. To me the benefit is the sound and peace of mind knowing your engine is breathing better. I think some folks get the wrong idea when they see RT or GT and think "ooooo it must be so much faster" and unfortunately that's not always the case.

Cda3488

Reaction score
To be honest, i haven't really gotten on it yet. Pedal still hasn't found the floor. Its definitely got some pep though. From my experience CAI/catback exhaust upgrades aren't really noticeable even if they do claim to increase horsepower. To me the benefit is the sound and peace of mind knowing your engine is breathing better. I think some folks get the wrong idea when they see RT or GT and think "ooooo it must be so much faster" and unfortunately that's not always the case.
Thanks for the heads up, I can’t wait!!! Enjoy!!

Cda3488

Reaction score
Does the G/T have a sport mode for the transmisson, or just manual mode?
No sport mode per say but you can manually shift from the center console sifter by pulling it to the left or you can use the paddle shifters.

Bavet

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a Big Horn on order since August 9 and they suddenly decided they couldn't build it as ordered. Just to get it here we cancelled the old order and re-ordered with what they could build. This kinda pissed me off but it should be here in a month. In the mean time, the dealer just got in a white Laramie GT that I'm kinda droolin over. Thinking I might forego the Big Horn and get the GT because it's so cool.

Cda3488

Reaction score
I've had a Big Horn on order since August 9 and they suddenly decided they couldn't build it as ordered. Just to get it here we cancelled the old order and re-ordered with what they could build. This kinda pissed me off but it should be here in a month. In the mean time, the dealer just got in a white Laramie GT that I'm kinda droolin over. Thinking I might forego the Big Horn and get the GT because it's so cool.
I love my GT, by far the best truck I have ever owned. I would jump on it!!

Nova90

Reaction score
Can someone post some pics of the GT gas & brake pedals? I'm thinking about ordering them for my Rebel.

Phoon

Reaction score
Do the G/T trucks have the performance pages? Curious to see if the times are any quicker than what magazines get with the standard trucks...

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They don’t have anymore power so I doubt it.

The intake and catback are for looks and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Do the G/T trucks have the performance pages? Curious to see if the times are any quicker than what magazines get with the standard trucks...
Yea, we have the performance pages. Little novelty, no real use

Cda3488

Reaction score
Yes my truck does have performance pages. I did my first 0-60 using the timers and got 6.1 sec. This truck does have a little more spunk than my 2020 so the cai and exhaust due add some more hp.I drive the proof. Also have a pedal max which really feels like you are hauling *** right off the line. Amazing truck, love every bit of it!!!

Bavet

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my new Laramie GT. Waiting for the dealer to install side steps and a couple other options but man is it cool!

Attachments

• 2022 Laramie GT Front.jpg
    2022 Laramie GT Front.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 2022 Laramie GT Side.jpg
    2022 Laramie GT Side.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 130

brian.brabeau

Reaction score
Picked up my Laramie Sport with the GT package a couple weeks ago and loving it so far!! Traded in my 2018 Sierra w/6.2 for it. The 6.2 was a beast, but the Ram is so much better everywhere else! Added spray in liner so far. Looking to get a tonneau cover and black ram emblems in the near future.

Attachments

• IMG-20220114-WA0026.jpeg
    IMG-20220114-WA0026.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220114_203839.jpg
    20220114_203839.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread