5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Wheels came in this week and I put them on!!! Really happy with the look and the ride! (Only after 100 miles tho lol)
22 inch 4play wheels P40
Toyo open country ATlll 33x12.50
Are you running a stock Height or did you put a leveling kit on the front of the truck?

Wookie0323

Reaction score
What product did you use to add protection to your head lights?
I got the Lamin-X tint colored covers. Was a little trickier then I was expecting. It's not like normal tint or phone film where you can easily push the bubbles out. This stuff seemed like it wanted to cure right away!

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I got the Lamin-X tint colored covers. Was a little trickier then I was expecting. It's not like normal tint or phone film where you can easily push the bubbles out. This stuff seemed like it wanted to cure right away!
Thank you I will surely go check it out.

glen325

Reaction score
So i have a 2021 Big Horn crew cab, i put rough country control arms on the front and the rough country leveling strut and heavy duty rear springs in the back , all together the truck is level now. so if i stay with a 20" rim, What size tire can i go up to without rubbing?
It really depends on the rim and back spacing, but I would stay around a tire that is 34" in diameter and 12' wide...295/60r20. You may need a little bit of a wheel spacer too, depending on your wheel back spacing.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
It really depends on the rim and back spacing, but I would stay around a tire that is 34" in diameter and 12' wide...295/60r20. You may need a little bit of a wheel spacer too, depending on your wheel back spacing.
Massachusetts is a little overly crazy with their rules on tires sticking out from the vehicle wheel well area, at least hey are here in the western part of the state. I'm going to try to go just an inch out so i don't get flagged. don't really want fender flares added on. What offest would you recommend Negative or positive?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of, or already running 1" wheel spacers. Make sure you trim your factory lugs. The pockets on the factory wheels are not deep enough to clear the lugs. I thought mine were good. But doing a wheel rotation today and lossening the drivers side rear lug nuts, there were a couple that definitely weren't torqued tight enough, and pulling the wheels off you see marks from the lugs. See attached picture. I trimmed the unthread portion off the end of mine and everything seems to fit better now. You could tell on the spacers themselves that the wheel wasn't fully up against them.

Attachments

• PXL_20210506_222750430.jpg
    PXL_20210506_222750430.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 55

HEMITKN

Reaction score
What did you go with? And where from?
Black Rhino Abrams (had no choice, the RAM is Tank Green and the Abrams is modeled/named after the M1 Abrams main battle tank) really thought I would go bronze but, in the end feel this is the right choice for the the way I have configured the RAM. Did Nitto RG's in 295/60R all from Custom Offset. They even called Black Rhino to confirm I could get the wheels as they are on national back order. Happy about the whole deal less the chunk of change they cost.

Attachments

• Black Rhino Abrams OD.jpg
    Black Rhino Abrams OD.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
Black Rhino Abrams (had no choice, the RAM is Tank Green and the Abrams is modeled/named after the M1 Abrams main battle tank) really thought I would go bronze but, in the end feel this is the right choice for the the way I have configured the RAM. Did Nitto RG's in 295/60R all from Custom Offset. They even called Black Rhino to confirm I could get the wheels as they are on national back order. Happy about the whole deal less the chuck of change they cost.
Man that’s going to look sweet! Can’t wait to see those pictures!
Custom offset was great for me also! Just watch the shipping company. They are supposed to call a day in advance to set up a delivery appointment. They never called me and showed up at my door when I was at work. Lucky they could come back later that day. But over they did a great job! No damage

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Man that’s going to look sweet! Can’t wait to see those pictures!
Custom offset was great for me also! Just watch the shipping company. They are supposed to call a day in advance to set up a delivery appointment. They never called me and showed up at my door when I was at work. Lucky they could come back later that day. But over they did a great job! No damage
Good deal thanks! Hope they give me notice!

Users who are viewing this thread