5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wookie0323

Reaction score
I'd post some pictures, but my keep having issues loading them from my phone

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Right. I picked up mine last night. Noticed today that it doesnt have the dual exhaust with black tips. I got a case number from Mopar and going to reach out to my dealer tomorrow
You got the V6 according to your Sig. Even the REBEL V6 does not get dual exhaust.

Think this is something you will find is right

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, as @devildodge said and showed, only the Hemi’s and EcoDiesels get the dual exhaust. The V6 gets the standard exhaust...on all trims.

And with the 4x2 you don’t get the raised ride height (or any of the other off-road components). When the whole spring issue first came to light on the gator and black release, there were a couple people who did get Ram to install the taller springs on their 4x2s. I think it was a fluke, and from what I’ve read, Ram is no longer swapping springs on the 4x2s.

Wookie0323

Reaction score
Yep, as @devildodge said and showed, only the Hemi’s and EcoDiesels get the dual exhaust. The V6 gets the standard exhaust...on all trims.

And with the 4x2 you don’t get the raised ride height (or any of the other off-road components). When the whole spring issue first came to light on the gator and black release, there were a couple people who did get Ram to install the taller springs on their 4x2s. I think it was a fluke, and from what I’ve read, Ram is no longer swapping springs on the 4x2s.
That sucks because there wasn't any indicators that specified not getting certain items because of engine size or drive, yet the price stays the same. My dealer was shocked when he found out about the 4x4 and the 4x2 list change, hooked me up with a leveling kit and rebate. I'm definitely going to look at getting an upgrade on exhaust at some point. The muffler sticks out like a sore thumb!

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Wookie0323 at least the exhaust is an easy fix. You can probably find yourself an inexpensive used (but in good condition) rear OE bumper with the dual exhaust cutouts, then have a shop fab up a dual exhaust.

badpewterz

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a using clay bars or Torque ceramic shine?
wash, iron remover, clay, polish, whatever protection you want

if you clay you will induce micro-marring and polishing after would be suggested( i would only clay if you can feel the contamination, not every vehicle needs to be clayed)
(if you are gonna run it through a tunnel wash the tunnel wash will do more marring anyway , just depends on how you will maintain and clean the truck)
torque? kinda a snake oil item. better than F11 but much better options out there. meguairs hybrid ceramic wax for instance with correct base coat application will give you great results and last. there are a million choices out there for last step protection but if it starts as a facebook/ social media add its usually in-line with f11 which is junk
on my BTS im testing adams graphene spray coating . applied in august and even after new england winter still going strong.

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Update on my 2021 BTS in Tank. Dealer sent a couple of picks today. Here they are. May have figured out wheels so will see them hopefully soon too.
Pick her up in the morning!

Attachments

• My Tank BTS I.jpg
    My Tank BTS I.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 103
  • My Tank BTS II.jpg
    My Tank BTS II.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 103

Wookie0323

Reaction score
Update on my 2021 BTS in Tank. Dealer sent a couple of picks today. Here they are. May have figured out wheels so will see them hopefully soon too.
Pick her up in the morning!
Glad you are finally getting it! We'll worth the wait. I smile every time I walk up to it

Users who are viewing this thread