5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
First time poster in this thread, need to find a picture of my BTS edition truck I picked up back in October of 2020 (Patriot Blue).

The question I had (I come from tuner world which usually has this), since the truck is so limited supposedly, 1000 of each color sans Coasties, why were we not given LE Badging on the inside like Chassis number or XXX/1000 badge?

examples: Mustang GT350, VW GTI Fahrenheit, Galant VR-4
View attachment 86042
I said this myself I was hoping we had a number somewhere

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I think I have made up my mind with Bilstein 6112 and 5160. Wondering if anyone is running these on their BTS?

Zefal

Reaction score
Man that looks good! What size tires? I’m looking at the open country. Wondering how wide I can go. Are they loud or a rough ride at high speed?
Hey there, Sorry for the late response, the dealership installed the wheels/tires/lift kit/led lights prior to me buying it.

They are Black Rhino wheels, with the following Tire Size 35x12.50 R20LT

Last edited:

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
Hey there, Sorry for the late response, the dealership installed the wheels and tires prior to me buying it.

They are Black Rhino wheels, with the following Tire Size 35x12.50 R20LT
Awesome! They look great... do you happen to know how high of a level/lift they did?

Zefal

Reaction score
Awesome! They look great... do you happen to know how high of a level/lift they did?
So I need to start with, I totally forgot to answer your question about ride/sound. I come from a tuner car (my evo sits on race suspension and some decently sticky tires) so to me, I get almost no road noise at all with windows up. With windows down, i hear it, but its not a drone or anything. For ride quality, I dont think ive been in a truck as smooth and comfy as this one.

For the Lift kit, the dealer installed the Rough Country Lift kit... they didnt tell me what kit exactly it was, just that it was a 3" lift kit... but i think its this one right here: https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-suspension-lift-kit-31430c.html

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
So I need to start with, I totally forgot to answer your question about ride/sound. I come from a tuner car (my evo sits on race suspension and some decently sticky tires) so to me, I get almost no road noise at all with windows up. With windows down, i hear it, but its not a drone or anything. For ride quality, I dont think ive been in a truck as smooth and comfy as this one.

For the Lift kit, the dealer installed the Rough Country Lift kit... they didnt tell me what kit exactly it was, just that it was a 3" lift kit... but i think its this one right here: https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-suspension-lift-kit-31430c.html
Thanks man! Definitely think I’m going open country at!

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Well got some good news MY BTS in TANK should be at the dealer tomorrow! Wow that was a quick three and a half months! Not! Did get the suspension lift ordered and should get it done before I can get up there to pick it up next weekend. Should end up looking like this only in TANK!

Attachments

• RAM Gator BTS 3 lift.jpeg
    RAM Gator BTS 3 lift.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 74

Zefal

Reaction score
Very nice brother Almost drove to NC for a Patriot Blue one with all the bells and whistles.
I was actually looking to order a 2500, but wanted to see this color blue... and the dealership had 4 of these, all with the upgraded lift kit/wheels/LED light, all options were identical but the one i grabbed had the pano sunroof... it met almost every single one of my wants, except the slightly better stereo in the Laramie... but yeah fully loaded with 12" display, 3.92 rear, 33g tank, Bed Utility, MFT... I think at my next dealer visit, im going to buy the Trailer Brake Controller system though, to round out the truck.

JNavCRNA

Reaction score
BTS owners that have stock wheels and Falken tires. What psi are you riding on? Sticker on door says for both front and rear "32 psi" for stock set up. I picked mine up in Nov filled to 39-40 psi. All street driving and no issues thus far. Any thoughts or concerns would be appreciated.

Sonny

Reaction score
BTS owners that have stock wheels and Falken tires. What psi are you riding on? Sticker on door says for both front and rear "32 psi" for stock set up. I picked mine up in Nov filled to 39-40 psi. All street driving and no issues thus far. Any thoughts or concerns would be appreciated.
Mine were at 40 and the ride was a little harsh IMO. Almost didn't buy the truck because it rode so much rougher than my 19 with the 275/65-18 wranglers. But the truck looked so cool couldn't help it. Ended up going down to 36F 34R and it was much better.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was running 32 in front and 30 in rear, but it always looked like front tires were a little low, and I wasn't getting as good of gas mileage as some others were seeing. When I picked it up from Dealer brand new it had 40psi all around. I recently bumped up pressure to 37 front and 35 rear. Didn't notice any difference in ride quality, the front tires don't look as bad, and I think fuel mileage is up just a little, but then again, it has been warmer weather recently as well.

Rammin BtoS AF

Reaction score
I run at around 40 psi, I read somewhere here that at 32-33 they wear uneven.
Also coming home from Vegas today saw another BTW in the Anvil (like mine) at the stop light just north of Wickenburg on the 93 heading north. If you are a member than hello, if not hope you join soon.

bcwood64

Reaction score
I saw my Gator brethren. Looks to have at least a 2 inch lift with 35s. Also has the Bushwacker Fender Flares panted to match.

agoro98

Reaction score
First Flame Red in this thread? 🧐 Fresh from the dealer, don’t roast me for “fishbowl, needs tints” and stuff please. It’s only 4 hours old lol. Went from early build 2019 all blacked out (back when it was rare) to 1 of 1000 👍👍

First Flame Red in this thread? 🧐 Fresh from the dealer, don’t roast me for “fishbowl, needs tints” and stuff please. It’s only 4 hours old lol. Went from early build 2019 all blacked out (back when it was rare) to 1 of 1000 👍👍 View attachment 86193 View attachment 86194 View attachment 86195
i just picked up the same truck less than a few weeks ago! great looking truck

Wookie0323

Reaction score
First time poster in this thread, need to find a picture of my BTS edition truck I picked up back in October of 2020 (Patriot Blue).

The question I had (I come from tuner world which usually has this), since the truck is so limited supposedly, 1000 of each color sans Coasties, why were we not given LE Badging on the inside like Chassis number or XXX/1000 badge?

examples: Mustang GT350, VW GTI Fahrenheit, Galant VR-4
View attachment 86042
I agree! I reached out to Mopar and they said the VIN can be used to look up the information to find out what number your truck is. But unfortunately the info won't be available until Jan 2022 for the 2021 models

Users who are viewing this thread