5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the 4x2 I located, which you can tell doesn't have the raised ride height. And the second link is the build sheet for the truck where you'll notice none of the off-road group options are listed. If the options aren't listed on the build sheet, they won't be on the truck.

Not entirely true. The off road group springs aren't listed on build sheet on the trucks that shipped from factory with regular springs, but they were able to get them replaced after enough complaints to RamCares. Even the 2wd ones that didn't have the ORG springs were able to get the springs replaced

FATKID

Reaction score

Wookie0323

Reaction score
Not entirely true. The off road group springs aren't listed on build sheet on the trucks that shipped from factory with regular springs, but they were able to get them replaced after enough complaints to RamCares. Even the 2wd ones that didn't have the ORG springs were able to get the springs replaced
So you're saying there's a chance! Lol

TravisJ

Reaction score
2 at this MN dealer if anyone is looking (I don’t work there):

Did not have a good experience with this dealer at all. I originally inquired about some of their built to serve trucks and ended up deciding I wanted a 12in screen and didn't want to pay for a sunroof/trailer tow group I wouldn't want/need. Sales guy basically started pressuring me that I wouldn't want a truck without a trailer hitch (huh?). That kind of turned me off on the dealership, but they had a night edition I liked and set up a time to see it the next day and basically set up to buy it. As I started to make the drive (about three hours) the guy called and said it was just sold. Whatever, he said he would let me know if he got more night editions in black. They probably got 3-5 the next week and one was almost a twin of the one I tried to buy, just had an additional feature. Do you think I got a call/email? Nope.

Apparently they will not let you put money down to hold the truck till you get there and apparently their $1k trade in bonus is total BS (not shocking)...not only that they will low ball the trade in.

Almost every dealer in the Minneapolis area (the bigger more known ones) was a cruddy experience for me. Wouldn't respond and wouldn't let me know information I requested. The only decent one I experienced was the dealer in Burnsville. The guy was nice and let me know a built to serve got there the second it got off the truck, unfortunately the price wasn't where I wanted it.

Just thought I would leave my 2 cents for anyone who would be considering a truck from there.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did not have a good experience with this dealer at all. I originally inquired about some of their built to serve trucks and ended up deciding I wanted a 12in screen and didn't want to pay for a sunroof/trailer tow group I wouldn't want/need. Sales guy basically started pressuring me that I wouldn't want a truck without a trailer hitch (huh?). That kind of turned me off on the dealership, but they had a night edition I liked and set up a time to see it the next day and basically set up to buy it. As I started to make the drive (about three hours) the guy called and said it was just sold. Whatever, he said he would let me know if he got more night editions in black. They probably got 3-5 the next week and one was almost a twin of the one I tried to buy, just had an additional feature. Do you think I got a call/email? Nope.

Apparently they will not let you put money down to hold the truck till you get there and apparently their $1k trade in bonus is total BS (not shocking)...not only that they will low ball the trade in.

Almost every dealer in the Minneapolis area (the bigger more known ones) was a cruddy experience for me. Wouldn't respond and wouldn't let me know information I requested. The only decent one I experienced was the dealer in Burnsville. The guy was nice and let me know a built to serve got there the second it got off the truck, unfortunately the price wasn't where I wanted it.

Just thought I would leave my 2 cents for anyone who would be considering a truck from there.
Fwiw, all the BTS trucks come with the trailer hitch receiver as part of the BTS package. I think the only optional part of the trailer tow group is the brake controller.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealer. They said the parts are in. I told Debbie and she was surprised they showed up that quick. Trying to stay positive hoping they didn't order the wrong springs or something.

It goes in this coming Wed for them to install them.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Awesome @bcwood64! I'm glad Debbie took care of you so quickly!

I'm not trying to be a negative but seeing that some guys had the dealer order and install the same springs that were already on the truck doesn't give me much faith, but fingers crossed!

I'm going to see if I can verify the part numbers before they put them on. I know Debbie provided them with the part numbers but never hurts to QC.

Wookie0323

Reaction score
Well I verified with Ram that the 2wd does not get the off-road equipment in the Built to Serve package. They were not sure why it was marked the same price and it is up to the dealership on what to do next. My dealer was under the same impression I was about the equipment. Just an FYI to the future 2WDs

At least I now know my delivery window! 3/11 - 3/25, just in time for my bday

CeramicCam

Reaction score
IMG_2166.jpg

This thread has given me a lot of great pointers and ideas for my BTS. Loving this truck so far! 2020 Ceramic Grey.

Newbie question, how do I add my build notes under my profile? I see everyone has their truck build and additions they've done as a "signature" under every comment. Thanks!

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Newbie question, how do I add my build notes under my profile? I see everyone has their truck build and additions they've done as a "signature" under every comment. Thanks!
Welcome! And awesome looking truck! As for the signature, if you go into your user account, you’ll see an option for a signature.

HEMITKN

Reaction score
View attachment 84810

This thread has given me a lot of great pointers and ideas for my BTS. Loving this truck so far! 2020 Ceramic Grey.

Very nice indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/