5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dyne

Reaction score
Spring-Gate Update: You guys are going to love this. I get my truck back from the dealership, get home, turn the wheel to the side to see the spring and it’s the same Non-ORP spring. The dealership installed the same exact springs(0236AB) that were already on the truck. I didnt notice at the dealership because they also installed the 5100s, 5160s and tires(275/65R20 Duratracs) which totally changed the stance of the truck. Ive already reached out to Debbie and she responded fast and is looking into it. Kind of at a loss here LOL
My truck was in on the 28th to get the springs installed. My dealer came close to installing the same springs too but the tech noticed the same number. After they looked into it they found out that the service manager gave them the right spring numbers to order. But parts department being a parts department decided to ignore the numbers they were told to order and decided to look the truck up by vin and order those parts. Which we know are the wrong ones. So trucks not fixed and now they say the are on National back order and have no clue as to when they can get them. I found the parts from other mopar dealership parts departments but apparently they won’t sell them to my dealership just because “they don’t have to and don’t want to”. So who knows when mine will get fixed.

CJR28

Reaction score
My truck was in on the 28th to get the springs installed. My dealer came close to installing the same springs too but the tech noticed the same number. After they looked into it they found out that the service manager gave them the right spring numbers to order. But parts department being a parts department decided to ignore the numbers they were told to order and decided to look the truck up by vin and order those parts. Which we know are the wrong ones. So trucks not fixed and now they say the are on National back order and have no clue as to when they can get them. I found the parts from other mopar dealership parts departments but apparently they won’t sell them to my dealership just because “they don’t have to and don’t want to”. So who knows when mine will get fixed.
There is other part numbers for the right springs, it doesnt need to be the ones with the star next to them

Attachments

• 66A4AB0B-EFC9-44D9-A290-DD3A52D88790.jpeg
    66A4AB0B-EFC9-44D9-A290-DD3A52D88790.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 47

Dyne

Reaction score
There is other part numbers for the right springs, it doesnt need to be the ones with the star next to them
Yeah I got Debbie working on it with my dealerships head service manager to get the right parts. The dealership just got bought out by one of the local dealerships so I’m guessing they are still trying to figure things out. Hopefully she with have a good response for me Monday. If not I’m gonna try and find a more established Ram dealership close to me.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
While installing passive entry I noticed this on the inside of my door panel. I thought it was neat. They seems to be pretty excited about BTS... A bunch of exclamation marks!!!

And TRX? What's that referring to?
560a92dc347c03d6077ec0525f79d8a3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

badpewterz

Reaction score
While installing passive entry I noticed this on the inside of my door panel. I thought it was neat. They seems to be pretty excited about BTS... A bunch of exclamation marks!!!

And TRX? What's that referring to?
560a92dc347c03d6077ec0525f79d8a3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
im wondering that just refers to the black chrome handles we have inside? but cool to see it so BOLD!

Hoss2332

Reaction score
So I missed out on finding a new BTS ceramic Gray with my preferred specs early in the year, and almost settled on a Laramie Sport. After a bad experience in Northern Virginia last Saturday, I did a random auto trader search for “ceramic” and this perfectly equipped BTS showed up with no photos at a Toyota dealer in NC. Truck had 3,600 miles, and the previous owner had already applied tint, tri fold tonneau cover, MBRP exhaust and a spacer leveling kit. Sticker on the truck was 57,xxx and I paid 45,000 and was given good value on my trade in (2013 Ram Sport).

For those curious, mine came with the ORG springs and shocks.

One thing slightly concerning me is the spacer lift. I had bilstein 5100 on my 2013 for over 100,000 miles and never had a complaint or problem with them. I plan to put 5100’s on this truck as well, but not for a while. The spacer has the truck sitting at 40” ground to fender in the front (39-1/2” rear), which from reading through this post appears to be a 2-1/2” spacer on top of the 1” factory. Best I can tell it has the stock UCA, not the mopar. Do y’all think this will be fine to ride around for 5-10k miles before replacing the lift and adding tires? I don’t do a lot of off-roading, mainly logging roads and around our farm hunting and so forth. I anticipate lowering it down with the 5100’s (3rd or 4th setting). Should I consider doing the 5100’s ASAP or just removing the spacers? Am I overthinking?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CC929EBF-82E6-44AE-B31A-D7FF6ECB2549.jpeg
    CC929EBF-82E6-44AE-B31A-D7FF6ECB2549.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 99

puba08

Reaction score
So I missed out on finding a new BTS ceramic Gray with my preferred specs early in the year, and almost settled on a Laramie Sport. After a bad experience in Northern Virginia last Saturday, I did a random auto trader search for “ceramic” and this perfectly equipped BTS showed up with no photos at a Toyota dealer in NC. Truck had 3,600 miles, and the previous owner had already applied tint, tri fold tonneau cover, MBRP exhaust and a spacer leveling kit. Sticker on the truck was 57,xxx and I paid 45,000 and was given good value on my trade in (2013 Ram Sport).

For those curious, mine came with the ORG springs and shocks.

One thing slightly concerning me is the spacer lift. I had bilstein 5100 on my 2013 for over 100,000 miles and never had a complaint or problem with them. I plan to put 5100’s on this truck as well, but not for a while. The spacer has the truck sitting at 40” ground to fender in the front (39-1/2” rear), which from reading through this post appears to be a 2-1/2” spacer on top of the 1” factory. Best I can tell it has the stock UCA, not the mopar. Do y’all think this will be fine to ride around for 5-10k miles before replacing the lift and adding tires? I don’t do a lot of off-roading, mainly logging roads and around our farm hunting and so forth. I anticipate lowering it down with the 5100’s (3rd or 4th setting). Should I consider doing the 5100’s ASAP or just removing the spacers? Am I overthinking?

Thanks in advance!

Looks like you have a 2 or 2.5” spacer. I had mine for about 1 month and the ride was terrible. I was getting 39.5/39.75 “ measurements in the front. Just had the Eibach’s installed today.
How does the truck ride? Is it tolerable to you? That will be your indication.
BTW If your looking to stay level I wouldn’t lower down the 5100’s. Believe you need to be on the 5th setting. But if you want some rake a believe those folks are using the 4th notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoss2332

Reaction score
Looks like you have a 2 or 2.5” spacer. I had mine for about 1 month and the ride was terrible. I was getting 39.5/39.75 “ measurements in the front. Just had the Eibach’s installed today.
How does the truck ride? Is it tolerable to you? That will be your indication.
BTW If your looking to stay level I wouldn’t lower down the 5100’s. Believe you need to be on the 5th setting. But if you want some rake a believe those folks are using the 4th notch.

The truck rides really well, actually. I prefer a little rake so it’s a touch high for me visually. How are you liking the eibach setup?

puba08

Reaction score
The truck rides really well, actually. I prefer a little rake so it’s a touch high for me visually. How are you liking the eibach setup?

The Eibach’s are absolutely great! Truck feels so much better. No more noise and bangs going over bumps. I don’t think you can go wrong either way eibach or bilsteins.

Krootz

Reaction score
Spring gate: NEW MEMBER
I was surfing the forum last night waiting on my daughter to get done with her horseback riding lesson and found the ORP spring “issue.”

Looking at my truck, I thought “I’m sure I got the right parts” (it was sleeting sideways and dark)

Sure enough, I found the spring tag showing “...0236AB” this morning

I called the dealer and explained the problem. She asked me “why would you think you have the wrong spring?” Not a good start to say the least.

CJR28

Reaction score
I was surfing the forum last night waiting on my daughter to get done with her horseback riding lesson and found the ORP spring “issue.”

Looking at my truck, I thought “I’m sure I got the right parts” (it was sleeting sideways and dark)

I called the dealer and explained the problem. She asked me “why would you think you have the wrong spring?” Not a good start to say the least.
Welcome to the struggle. I would suggest getting Debbies contact information and either calling or sending her an email. Also use this picture to help explain to your dealer that there is a difference between the springs and that the BTS was suppose to come with the ORP

Attachments

• 8935E4F3-B588-4FA8-AB04-3E624E4B580D.jpeg
    8935E4F3-B588-4FA8-AB04-3E624E4B580D.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 46

c0mbatVet

Reaction score

This might help to show your dealer along with the photo above with the spring part numbers. 20201030_205426.jpg

Krootz

Reaction score
First of all, thanks to all of you for looking out. The coil part number sheet I screenshot and saved for later. The receipt/invoice is handy as well.

I would have been blissfully unaware of my non-ORP coils until someday wanting to add bilsteins or something.

Also, I see that I have the ORP shocks...that can’t be good with the non-ORP setup

Krootz

Reaction score
I keep seeing “Debbie” as a contact regarding the coil spring debacle. Is she with RAM Cares?

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep seeing “Debbie” as a contact regarding the coil spring debacle. Is she with RAM Cares?
She's part of the Dealership complaint team. They haven't sent a bulletin out or anything yet to address this situation as far as we're aware. That's why you have to get them to get in touch with your dealer first.

Krootz

Reaction score
She's part of the Dealership complaint team. They haven't sent a bulletin out or anything yet to address this situation as far as we're aware. That's why you have to get them to get in touch with your dealer first.
Gotcha. Ok I’ll contact her and see where it goes. Thanks

PicRR

Reaction score
Re “Springgate” north of the border:
Have been in touch with FCA Canada customer service. They are aware of the issue and will be contacting owners “shortly.” Dealership service manager is also involved so hoping something may be happening. I’d bet they are prioritizing the US as you are a much bigger market and ORP springs are in short supply. Fingers crossed.

CJR28

Reaction score
Spring-gate Update: My truck is at the dealership right now having the proper ORP springs installed(hopefully). Also received my Bilstein 6112’s today. Ill post pictures of both when I get the chance.

Edit: Picked up my truck and all is fixed finally. Gained an inch all around. The 6112’s will probably be going on sometime next week hopefully.

57CA49F1-4E45-424C-83A4-7EF08E4DAAF6.jpeg

Last edited:

Krootz

Reaction score
The struggle continues...
I took my truck in to get the correct ORP springs installed and the service manager pulled up my vin and said “those are the right springs for your truck.” I showed him the spring part number sheet showing ORG vs normal spring applications. He said that my vin pulled up the 0236AB springs as what was supposed to be on the truck.

Honestly I’m not mad at the dude, he did his due diligence. But damn, the vin matched what was on the truck. I was surprised to say the least. He gave me a printout from the parts dept showing the AB springs for my vin.

I am second guessing if my truck should even have them now because my window sticker doesn’t show anything about “Offroad” or ORG/ORP.

Attachments

• 80435FC3-A993-49CA-AD2B-9B453D0690E2.jpeg
    80435FC3-A993-49CA-AD2B-9B453D0690E2.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 8D74E2B2-37F7-45DA-8EA8-E4728BDAADB6.jpeg
    8D74E2B2-37F7-45DA-8EA8-E4728BDAADB6.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 54
  • 9DB60A72-F53F-4ECB-A2B4-9D2613C99941.jpeg
    9DB60A72-F53F-4ECB-A2B4-9D2613C99941.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 5520EA13-ACB7-4074-9759-619820B16F5E.jpeg
    5520EA13-ACB7-4074-9759-619820B16F5E.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 47

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am second guessing if my truck should even have them now because my window sticker doesn’t show anything about “Offroad” or ORG/ORP.
Nobody’s window sticker mentions the off-road group. However, under the Built-to-Serve package, you’ll see all of the components listed that are found in the off-road group.

Others have had the same problem, but have made headway by reaching out to Debbie, who will then get in touch with your preferred dealer to get the ball rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread