5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aubie

Reaction score
I'm quoting out a '21 BTS right now. Had a Rebel Mopar Edition before but traded it in for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. My wife has been driving it and I need a vehicle for myself once I come back from Afghanistan. Hopefully I can get a good deal on it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can't post on Facebook right now cause I'm in 24 hr time out.

Who all would be interested in some Built to Serve tailgate badges? Have a company willing to do a group buy type deal. Something like this, but in the factory stencil font. Could do different colors for the letters as well
Screenshot_20200926-112842.png

Blackmer18

Reaction score
My front spring is a 249AC with Green sticker strut. Assuming that is proper ORP spring ?

What is the best way to achieve 285/60r20 tires on factory wheels? 2020 BTS crew cab 4x4, ceramic gray with 99% sure ORP

Last edited:

CJR28

Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm just trying to install 285/60r20s on factory rims and having a hell of a time figuring out proper level/lift.
Bilstein 5100s are probably your best option. Setting 3 will raise it a bit over an inch and setting 4 will almost level your truck.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Bilstein 5100s are probably your best option. Setting 3 will raise it a bit over an inch and setting 4 will almost level your truck.

I am unfamiliar with Bilsteins as I have always done a spacer leveling kit but will research. That would just be installed in the front and has adjustable setting to achieve whatever lift I need to level out? I measure and it appears I need about 1.5" to level out.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
I did fail to mention I ordered the Rough Country 3.5" lift but is on backorder....Now I'm reading more and more and am scared this might not be the best route to go. I called RC and they said install it without the preload spacers...Anyone heard of this??

Last, RC sells UCAs but their site says only for 3"+ lifts, but these are the same UCAs that come with the 3.5" lift that they are telling me to not use the preload spacer on....wouldn't that be less than a 3" lift If I don't use that preload spacer in the front bc of the ORP???

CJR28

Reaction score
I did fail to mention I ordered the Rough Country 3.5" lift but is on backorder....Now I'm reading more and more and am scared this might not be the best route to go. I called RC and they said install it without the preload spacers...Anyone heard of this??

Last, RC sells UCAs but their site says only for 3"+ lifts, but these are the same UCAs that come with the 3.5" lift that they are telling me to not use the preload spacer on....wouldn't that be less than a 3" lift If I don't use that preload spacer in the front bc of the ORP???
Bilsteins on setting 4 will raise your truck around 1.5”. I say “around” because theres reports of actual gains being closer to 2”. If you decide to go with the RC3.5” without the preload you still will gain around 3” because the ORP springs are an inch longer.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Can't post on Facebook right now cause I'm in 24 hr time out.

Who all would be interested in some Built to Serve tailgate badges? Have a company willing to do a group buy type deal. Something like this, but in the factory stencil font. Could do different colors for the letters as well
View attachment 69882
I might be interested... I am know I want to get rid of the BigHorn badge,. Not sure if I want to replace it though.

Are you talking a sticker, or a 3d plastic badge?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I might be interested... I am know I want to get rid of the BigHorn badge,. Not sure if I want to replace it though.

Are you talking a sticker, or a 3d plastic badge?

Would be a 3d plastic badge.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
. If you decide to go with the RC3.5” without the preload you still will gain around 3” because the ORP springs are an inch longer.

Anyone done this?? What's the rake going to be roughly?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be interested. Cost? What commitment would you need?

Right now the cost for a single "custom" badge is $85. Kind of gaining interest before pursuing more definitive pricing from company. Would also need to figure out size

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Right now the cost for a single "custom" badge is $85. Kind of gaining interest before pursuing more definitive pricing from company. Would also need to figure out size
Sounds neat. It would need to get allot lower than that for my interest, but you can count me in if there are enough others to get the price well below %50 of that single price.

I think a similar size/color as the bighorn badge that came on the BTS would be best. Keep it an understated feature and match the other black badging if someone still has other badging on.

CJR28

Reaction score
Sounds neat. It would need to get allot lower than that for my interest, but you can count me in if there are enough others to get the price well below %50 of that single price.

I think a similar size/color as the bighorn badge that came on the BTS would be best. Keep it an understated feature and match the other black badging if someone still has other badging on.

I typically remove the badging from the rear of my truck but i would consider an OEM sized “BTS” (just the abbreviation) in the above font. I think that would look pretty cool

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I typically remove the badging from the rear of my truck but i would consider an OEM sized “BTS” (just the abbreviation) in the above font. I think that would look pretty cool
I thought about a BTS badge, but other than us BTS owners most people wouldn't know what it means. That's why I'm looking at the full wording, but don't want it to be overbearing. I have removed both the 4x4 and Bighorn badges from my tailgate. I like to say I have a Built to Serve edition, not a BigHorn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/