5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pstemme

Reaction score
Yeah similar situation here except I was considering a 17 Laramie with low miles. So far Im very happy with my purchase(my only regret not having the 33 gallon gas tank)
I Know! I had a deal in the works for a Night edition, the 23 gallon tank it had along with the 3.21 gears was a deal breaker. I got a BTS with the 3.92 gears and the 33 gallon tank was the icing on the cake! Why bother with 23 gallons when you can't even get 20mpg!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel sorry for those whose dealers won't deal on the BTS trucks. The one I got mine from treated it just like any other Big Horn they had on the lot. big Horn Level 2, Hemi, e-locker, 3.92, 12" display, Pano sunroof, 26 gallon tank.

I also don't see the fascination with the 33 gallon tank. I can easily get 400 miles all highway on my 26 gallon tank if I wanted to, which is more than enough. Towing might be a different deal, but then again, I probably wouldn't be buying a Hemi if I was going to be towing a lot. Sure you might be able to drive further, but going to cost the same price per mile to fill up regardless of tank size.

Izcuacho

Reaction score
Debadged the RAM on the sides, BigHorn & 4X4 from the back. (Don't worry I left the flags)
Also added a shackle hitch (the empty hitch hole was driving me nuts). Shackle is similar to front tow hooks so i like the look.

TINTS in the front to match the back coming on Saturday also smoke out tint for head and taillights. (will show pics after)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG-2271.jpg
    IMG-2271.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 153
  • InkedIMG-2272_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG-2272_LI.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 152

Izcuacho

Reaction score
2021 build is now showing on Ram website. It looks like next wave of BTS will be 2021 it lets you build BTS but only give u billet silver as color option (I thought Anvil was also suppose to come out at the same time but not available yet). They added a cpl more tech & safety packages you can add to the big horns with BTS. Besides that pretty much the same truck.
It’s funny you can have all these extra tech package but still no keyless entry LOL.
Glad the kept the Ceramic Gray color out of the line up so far. Since it’s on every other brand lineup (Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler even the minivans come in ceramic gray), I though they might added to the regular Rams but so far no. Maybe it’s like Gator and they just do the BTS with it.
They seem to have 1 exclusive color with each BTS wave and 1 from the line up.

CJR28

Reaction score
Did some long over due digging around under my BTS today and pulled the label off the front spring. It appears that the BTS does NOT have ORP springs. If anyone else can verify with their truck it will be much appreciated. Knowing this totally changes up my plans for a lift.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 83

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t gotten under mine yet, but this post came up the other day on a Built to Serve Group on Facebook.

The guy who posted the picture says that these are identical 4x4 trucks that he and a coworker purchased from the same dealer. This definitely shows a difference in stance and overall height (especially looking at the top gap between the front tires and bottom of the fender).

My 4x4 BTS (non air suspension) shares the same stance as the truck on the right...higher in the front.

Attachments

• 21253DCC-0E5B-44E8-8D91-B2E5B0318AC3.jpeg
    21253DCC-0E5B-44E8-8D91-B2E5B0318AC3.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 159

BigAdge

Reaction score
I haven’t gotten under mine yet, but this post came up the other day on a Built to Serve Group on Facebook.

The guy who posted the picture says that these are identical 4x4 trucks that he and a coworker purchased from the same dealer. This definitely shows a difference in stance and overall height (especially looking at the top gap between the front tires and bottom of the fender).

My 4x4 BTS (non air suspension) shares the same stance as the truck on the right...higher in the front.
This is a huge difference, that picture is og 2 BTSs??? Possibly the first run (black/gator) had different springs than the Ceramic/Pat Blue??

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just went out and checked my tag on the front drivers spring.

Attachments

• 8FDBCA6B-D6D9-480E-85CA-BED4ACD204FB.jpeg
    8FDBCA6B-D6D9-480E-85CA-BED4ACD204FB.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 110

CJR28

Reaction score
This is a huge difference, that picture is og 2 BTSs??? Possibly the first run (black/gator) had different springs than the Ceramic/Pat Blue??
That is possible, I got my BTS in February ao theres a chance that early production trucks did not include ORP springs. I pulled up my build sheet and it says that my truck has HD shocks (whatever that means)

CJR28

Reaction score
Just went out and checked my tag on the front drivers spring.
It appears your truck has them. Its odd to see some have them while others dont. If anyone could post the rear ORP spring #s, it would be helpful

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not the best angle, but here’s the tag on the rear passenger spring. Part number 68262686AB.

Attachments

• 95BAF016-35B4-4081-B60F-90EC7FE72A98.jpeg
    95BAF016-35B4-4081-B60F-90EC7FE72A98.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 49

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Debadged the RAM on the sides, BigHorn & 4X4 from the back. (Don't worry I left the flags)
Also added a shackle hitch (the empty hitch hole was driving me nuts). Shackle is similar to front tow hooks so i like the look.

TINTS in the front to match the back coming on Saturday also smoke out tint for head and taillights. (will show pics after)

That’s CLEAN looking. And by far my favorite paint option. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAdge

Reaction score
My front passager side spring was part #0249AC couldn't see any other labels

CJR28

Reaction score
My front passager side spring was part #0249AC couldn't see any other labels
It appears that ORP spring is the same part number for the front driver and passenger side And the rear springs both have the same number. So if i buy 2 of each i should be good?

BigAdge

Reaction score
It appears that ORP spring is the same part number for the front driver and passenger side And the rear springs both have the same number. So if i buy 2 of each i should be good?
Should be good, look up the recent thread in suspensions they have people doing exactly this, honestly if I were in your shoes I'd contact chrysler cares, I'd think the springs should have been factory unless they switched the BTS group at some point.

CJR28

Reaction score
Should be good, look up the recent thread in suspensions they have people doing exactly this, honestly if I were in your shoes I'd contact chrysler cares, I'd think the springs should have been factory unless they switched the BTS group at some point.
Thats what i was thinking of doing, im going to head to my dealer tomorrow and see what they say. Attached is my build sheet, it clearly states “Raised ride height”. DFE902A6-8102-4113-853E-A2E922704422.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread