5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PhinsFan2099

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Looking to upgrade my stock halogen headlights on my 2021 RAM 1500 to LEDs. Was looking at some aftermarket options but been reading reviews and a lot of folks mention to just go with OEM.

Anyone have a pair of EOM LED headlights for sale? If so, send me a message w/pricing.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! If money is not a factor for you, I’d absolutely go OEM. The quality is unmatched (or so I’ve been told) lol. For me, as bad as I wanted OEM, I decided to try a cheaper option out just for the hell of it. I went with the VLAND reflector style LEDs and haven’t had any regrets so far. I do need to adjust the beam pattern as it is pointing high, I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. It is plenty bright enough for me, but many have said the brightness level just isn’t comparable to OEM. I think there are aftermarket options out there such as these that are a decent option, but I think it boils down to what you’re willing to spend and what you’ll ultimately be satisfied with. If you’re set on OEM then that is absolutely the route you should go. If you’re looking at a cheaper cost effective solution, you could run something similar to what I’ve got, or even consider keeping your stock headlight housing and only swapping out your halogen bulbs for LED.

Attachments

• E132751A-8D44-4F0A-8641-AD085039DE80.jpeg
    E132751A-8D44-4F0A-8641-AD085039DE80.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 120

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
My $100 LEDs are brighter than OEM LED. I'm very happy with them so far. I use the Lasfit LA series in High, Low and fog.

U

User_76295

My $100 LEDs are brighter than OEM LED. I'm very happy with them so far. I use the Lasfit LA series in High, Low and fog.
Are your DRLs your high beams with less power? If so, is there any flickering or issues?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Vlan's look interesting, but I've read they are not an easy install??

@blakhra, here is the visuals for what each LED does:
6hc4kZH.png

uQ7IUaO.png

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reason they're brighter is because you put LED's in a housing meant for halogens. You're putting a bonfire in a candle holder. I bet they throw light everywhere.

Nothing wrong with it, as I did the same thing in my Titan to get better light output, but it took weeks of constant adjustments before I felt like I had great light output without blinding anyone in something bigger than a miata coming down the road. Compared to properly set up OEM LED's they're not going to hold up with proper scatter and distance. These are the best LED lights I've seen in a reflector housing.

@PhinsFan2099, if you have the cash go with the OEM LED's. Just know that they are sealed units so if an LED fails you're on the hook for the entire housing. Same for the fogs and rear tail lights.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are completely plug and play. The included instructions could use some work but if you follow along with any of the headlight swap videos available on YouTube, its manageable. There are a few steps in the disassembly process that require patience but the VLAND install itself is no more difficult than any other Ram headlight swap.

PhinsFan2099

Reaction score
Welcome! If money is not a factor for you, I’d absolutely go OEM. The quality is unmatched (or so I’ve been told) lol. For me, as bad as I wanted OEM, I decided to try a cheaper option out just for the hell of it. I went with the VLAND reflector style LEDs and haven’t had any regrets so far. I do need to adjust the beam pattern as it is pointing high, I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. It is plenty bright enough for me, but many have said the brightness level just isn’t comparable to OEM. I think there are aftermarket options out there such as these that are a decent option, but I think it boils down to what you’re willing to spend and what you’ll ultimately be satisfied with. If you’re set on OEM then that is absolutely the route you should go. If you’re looking at a cheaper cost effective solution, you could run something similar to what I’ve got, or even consider keeping your stock headlight housing and only swapping out your halogen bulbs for LED.
Lights look awesome! I was originally thinking of the VLands instead of the OEM LED's. I just like the look of them, however, you read some reviews and they make you think otherwise. How long have you had them and and issues?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lights look awesome! I was originally thinking of the VLands instead of the OEM LED's. I just like the look of them, however, you read some reviews and they make you think otherwise. How long have you had them and and issues?
Thanks, I’ve only had them in for a few weeks now and I’ve actually done very little night time driving in that time period. It’s a little premature to give you any sort of long term review, but my initial opinion is that they are absolutely worth the money. I haven’t had any issues whatsoever with the operation of the lights or their functions. From a visual standpoint, they are also one of my favorite looking aftermarket options. I gave them a chance based on looks with hopes of decent light output, and for me they’ve been just that. No complaints so far but once again I’m only a few weeks in lol.

U

User_76295

@blakhra, here is the visuals for what each LED does:
6hc4kZH.png

uQ7IUaO.png
Thanks, but I fully understand those lights lol. (Not trying to be sarcastic at all!)

I thought they were talking about the OEM halogen lights - in Canada, our DRL is our high beam light on lower power.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I almost choked when I saw the price on those morimoto's. Hard pass, they look great though.

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
The reason they're brighter is because you put LED's in a housing meant for halogens. You're putting a bonfire in a candle holder. I bet they throw light everywhere.

Nothing wrong with it, as I did the same thing in my Titan to get better light output, but it took weeks of constant adjustments before I felt like I had great light output without blinding anyone in something bigger than a miata coming down the road. Compared to properly set up OEM LED's they're not going to hold up with proper scatter and distance. These are the best LED lights I've seen in a reflector housing.

@PhinsFan2099, if you have the cash go with the OEM LED's. Just know that they are sealed units so if an LED fails you're on the hook for the entire housing. Same for the fogs and rear tail lights.
I did have to adjust the beams as they were lasers into oncoming drivers eyes. But once dialed in they are great. Very bright and have yet had anyone flashing hi-beams at me.

Users who are viewing this thread