5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Fender Flares..

CJR28

Reaction score
Whats the best place to purchase non-painted fender flares? Looking for oem or close enough. Im thinking about getting a set to get Rhino lined. Has anyone done this, or know of anyone who has?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hey. Check out this thread. I posted a link to a paint-ready OE style fender flares over there. There are some pictures of my truck with them. Also, some great info on OEM fenders and non OEM compatability issues.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just make sure to not get OEM fender flares if your truck didn't come with them, they have a mounting system that relies on holes already being pre-drilled into the fenders.

CJR28

Reaction score
Just make sure to not get OEM fender flares if your truck didn't come with them, they have a mounting system that relies on holes already being pre-drilled into the fenders.
My truck came with oem flares, im looking for something similar.

CJR28

Reaction score
Oh gotcha, so you want a 2nd set just for Rhino Lining.
Yea preferably a matte finished set to get coated. A friend did his on his F150 including the bumpers and it turned out really nice

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea preferably a matte finished set to get coated. A friend did his on his F150 including the bumpers and it turned out really nice

Oh nice, I would just get a factory set since everything is there for direct fitment, but man are they pricey.

Or go with completely aftermarket sets, but at least you know these will fit exact.

Last edited:

Ram89

Reaction score

Ram89

Reaction score
With the existing wheelhouse liner screws.
Nice. I was hoping so since the OEM flares mount to different holes in the fender, correct? And do these matte black ones compare to the finish of the unpainted oem black flares?

Last edited:

Ram89

Reaction score
Correct. They mount to both, holes in the fenders and the wheelhouse liner screws.
So you only used the wheelhouse liner holes since you have a Bighorn without the fender holes? And do these matte black ones compare to the finish of the unpainted oem black flares?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
So you only used the wheelhouse liner holes since you have a Bighorn without the fender holes?
Yes, OE Style flares use screws only.

And do these matte black ones compare to the finish of the unpainted oem black flares?
Yes, It's just matt black ABS material. When i bought mine, they only had PS2(Bright Silver) and a Diamond black one... I think they have more these days and you can actually get them already painted for about $100 more. I paid $250 to have mine painted + $200 for the flares.
You might be able to find your color (PSC).

Ram89

Reaction score
Yes, OE Style flares use screws only.

Yes, It's just matt black ABS material. When i bought mine, they only had PS2(Bright Silver) and a Diamond black one... I think they have more these days and you can actually get them already painted for about $100 more. I paid $250 to have mine painted + $200 for the flares.
You might be able to find your color (PSC).
I want to do the matte black on my silver truck. Just wanted to make sure it would sorta match the bed rail plastic. Thank you for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread