5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Bridgestone Tire Warranty

nimbus

Reaction score
Was finally able to trace the vibration issues I've been having with my brand new Laramie to some out of round tires. 3 of the 4 tires measured road force above 24 pounds, and one of them even measured 41 pounds! So I've basically been driving on 3 eggs since day one. My dealership says they have submitted a warranty claim to Bridgestone to replace the OEM Dueler H/L tires. My questions are:
  • Has anyone ever had an OEM tire warranty claim be rejected? The dealership seems to be talking in terms of "if" they approve the claim. Is there any reason they wouldn't?
  • How long does it take to receive a yes/no answer from Bridgestone on the warranty claim?
  • The tires have about 1500 miles on them now. Would it be acceptable for them to only replace 3 of the 4 tires, or should they be replacing all 4?
Thanks!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you will need to wait it out until you get your answer. As far as replacing 3 or 4, I would request all 4.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went through this myself with a less than stellar dealership, and Bridgestones nonetheless . Bottom line is the dealership is correct, the tire "warranty" is on the tire manufacturer and it's up to Bridgestone to approve the defect. The dealership nor FCA are responsible for the tire warranty. That's why they hand you the pamphlet (which gets lost in glovebox) for your tires when purchasing a new vehicle.

I had close to 10k miles when I finally brought my truck to a Bridgestone chain. They agreed two of my tires were eggs, but since the tires were worn they wouldn't cover full replacement value, they would only cover about 60%. I walked out, got 4 new Michelins shortly afterwards from an independent tire shop.

nimbus

Reaction score
I went through this myself with a less than stellar dealership, and Bridgestones nonetheless . Bottom line is the dealership is correct, the tire "warranty" is on the tire manufacturer and it's up to Bridgestone to approve the defect. The dealership nor FCA are responsible for the tire warranty. That's why they hand you the pamphlet (which gets lost in glovebox) for your tires when purchasing a new vehicle.

I had close to 10k miles when I finally brought my truck to a Bridgestone chain. They agreed two of my tires were eggs, but since the tires were worn they wouldn't cover full replacement value, they would only cover about 60%. I walked out, got 4 new Michelins shortly afterwards from an independent tire shop.
Do you like the Defenders? I have a sinking feeling about this warranty claim. The OEM warranty doesn't say anything about this, but I did see their retail warranty limits you to a maximum of 2 replacement tires per vehicle for "harsh ride or vibration." That's unfathomable to me, but I guess nothing should surprise me anymore. I'll probably end up getting Defenders or Falken Wildpeaks (they were OEM on my last RAM and I loved them).

Kamper

Reaction score
my OEM Bridgestones rode fine - but were at or below wear bars at 24000 miles.

You ask about Defenders. Stellar tires. quiet, confident - and in winter the best snow tire I've ever had bar none. the only complaint which really isn't (its a circumstantial thing -- is my drive is a combo of gravel/recycled concrete gravel. The defenders pick this stuff up and gets embedded in the treads and it starts coming back out once on the highway - so gravel is getting chucked out of the tread. I decided to put on the husky mud guards to ensure im protecting the truck/paint. Funny thing is this never happened w the birdgestones...

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you like the Defenders? I have a sinking feeling about this warranty claim. The OEM warranty doesn't say anything about this, but I did see their retail warranty limits you to a maximum of 2 replacement tires per vehicle for "harsh ride or vibration." That's unfathomable to me, but I guess nothing should surprise me anymore. I'll probably end up getting Defenders or Falken Wildpeaks (they were OEM on my last RAM and I loved them).
The ride is smooth and quiet, specially for an E rated tire

Users who are viewing this thread