5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odometer stopped working

heavyeq

Reaction score
At 621,000 miles my odometer quit working. Any solutions to this? From the videos I've watched, it's due to the truck hitting a million kilometers.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At 621,000 miles my odometer quit working. Any solutions to this? From the videos I've watched, it's due to the truck hitting a million kilometers.
It is in fact because it hit the one million KM mark. Only solution is to swap a different one in, or use alfaobd to set the mileage back, then just keep track of mileage from here on out.

Last edited:

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's your trucks attempt to stay forever young. Ish.

Congrats on that! Seriously...speaks to your skills to have ANY vehicle last that long. And, of course, the basic design and build has a large measure of credit, too.

Jake1050

Reaction score
I had my last truck for 17 years and traded it in with 55,000 miles on it. I live 6 miles from work and ride a motorcycle whenever possible. I'd be supper happy if I owned a Ram with 200,000 that still ran and wasn't completely rusted out. (also like my last truck)

Users who are viewing this thread