5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odometer messed up, tenths not reading correctly

Liamdog

Reaction score
I had 2 instrument cluster replaced and been waiting for a 3 since April on my 2019 Ram. Ram says, I'm at the top of the line for a new one. I said why can't they get a replacement now!!! "oh, we are waiting on our supplier"!!! My Foot!!! I'll be getting rid of the truck before it ever gets fixed. You wouldn't know there was a problem reading mileage till you show tenths of a mile, instead of the default of not showing it. Dealer techs said to me, "whoever looks at the odometer anyway!" I've been buying Rams since 2003, but I guess this one will be my last one. I am so disappointed with Ram customer service and my dealer of Rentschlers Ram and frustrated with this all. And lemon law only basically only covers if its a safety and something else that this instrument cluster problems really isn't covered. I told Ram reps to go to where ever they are building there trucks and get one!!! Then they assigned me a new rep now and she was not professional at all on the phone. I don't care if its only the odometer readings not counting correctly or not, its a new truck and should work correctly. and I don't think 2 clusters they replaced could both be bad!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had 2 instrument cluster replaced and been waiting for a 3 since April on my 2019 Ram. Ram says, I'm at the top of the line for a new one. I said why can't they get a replacement now!!! "oh, we are waiting on our supplier"!!! My Foot!!! I'll be getting rid of the truck before it ever gets fixed. You wouldn't know there was a problem reading mileage till you show tenths of a mile, instead of the default of not showing it. Dealer techs said to me, "whoever looks at the odometer anyway!" I've been buying Rams since 2003, but I guess this one will be my last one. I am so disappointed with Ram customer service and my dealer of Rentschlers Ram and frustrated with this all. And lemon law only basically only covers if its a safety and something else that this instrument cluster problems really isn't covered. I told Ram reps to go to where ever they are building there trucks and get one!!! Then they assigned me a new rep now and she was not professional at all on the phone. I don't care if its only the odometer readings not counting correctly or not, its a new truck and should work correctly. and I don't think 2 clusters they replaced could both be bad!

Hi Liamdog,

I sincerely regret to hear of the trouble associated with your ownership experience, as this is certainly not what we expect for our loyal Ram owners. I would be more than happy to look into your situation on my end to determine how to best assist you. If this would be of interest, please follow up with me via PM to provide your VIN at your earliest convenience.

Mark
RamCares

d19r93

Reaction score
Remind us - What's your issue with the tenths?

rrbhokies

Reaction score
And how do you get the odometer to display tenths of a mile? Mine doesn't display it.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
And how do you get the odometer to display tenths of a mile? Mine doesn't display it.
NVMD. Figured it out. It's in the display setup in the instrument cluster. You can turn on/off displaying tenths of a mile on the odometer.

Liamdog

Reaction score
Hi Liamdog,

I sincerely regret to hear of the trouble associated with your ownership experience, as this is certainly not what we expect for our loyal Ram owners. I would be more than happy to look into your situation on my end to determine how to best assist you. If this would be of interest, please follow up with me via PM to provide your VIN at your earliest convenience.

Mark
RamCares
don't know how to PM you.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
don't know how to PM you.

Hi Liamdog,

If you hover your mouse over our picture icon, you should see the option 'Start Conversation'. You may also do so by clicking the envelope icon in the top right corner of the page and then clicking the 'start a new conversation' button that appears toward the bottom of the pop-out. Hope to hear from you soon!

Mark
RamCares

Liamdog

Reaction score
Another month and still nothing!!! Instrument cluster must be coming from Mars!! My truck will be in the junk yard till I get a fix.

Users who are viewing this thread