5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd first warranty claim

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
I've had my RAM for three months and just noticed this while cleaning it, can't believe I haven't spotted it until now. The trim at the top of the rear drivers side door is smooth while the trim on the rest of that door and all of the other doors is textured. I contacted the service department at the dealership I bought it from and was told they would need pictures to send to RAM for approval to fix it. Everything else has been great with the truck, absolutely love driving it, just hope this minor flaw doesn't turn into a goat rope to get fixed.

Anyone else ever seen this?

Smooth finish:
DSCN9927.JPG

Rear passenger side door:
DSCN9928.JPG

The Full Monty!
DSCN9924.JPG

Last edited:

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that's an interesting fluke. I've seen incorrect door panels (entire panel), but not just a piece of that panel. The smooth leather is the "higher end" material, Nappa I think. Doesn't have that fake grain pattern. They should just order a new door panel and swap it over in about 10 minutes time.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had my RAM for three months and just noticed this while cleaning it, can't believe I haven't spotted it until now. The trim at the top of the rear drivers side door is smooth while the trim on the rest of that door and all of the other doors is textured. I contacted the service department at the dealership I bought it from and was told they would need pictures to send to RAM for approval to fix it. Everything else has been great with the truck, absolutely love driving it, just hope this minor flaw doesn't turn into a goat rope to get fixed.

Smooth finish:
View attachment 60238

Rear passenger side door:
View attachment 60239

The Full Monty!
View attachment 60240
Totally understandable...I usually test drive my vehicles from the driver's seat too lol. But yea...that's crazy! I'm curious to see if they honor this fix under a warranty claim.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I apologize for the trouble, @HoosierTrooper! Please do not hesitate to follow up with our customer care team for further support while addressing this with your dealer. You may call in at 866-726-4636 or submit your info here to receive an email follow up. https://bit.ly/3fy5Kfo.

Mark
RamCares

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
An update to this situation. The dealership notified me on July 8th that FCA had approved the fix being done under warranty so they ordered the door panel. By August 26th I had heard nothing further from the dealership so I contacted RamCares and asked for assistance. I received a call from a man who identified himself as Steve on the 27th of August who said he had been assigned the case and was going to contact the dealership. As of today, September 3, I have not heard anything from ether the dealership or Steve from RamCares.

I'm starting to understand why so many owners have expressed unhappiness with FCA's customer service.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like you'll need a whole new door panel.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stellar QA by FCA as usual... :rolleyes:

To be fair all manufacturers have screw ups. Being a Ford car guy for a while (2013 Taurus SHO, 2016 Focus RS, 2019 Mustang GT) there are several posts from people in those forums with similar mix ups at the factory. I suspect you can look at any car/truck forum and find them as well.

gpbst3

Reaction score
Are you getting the smooth or textured? If the smooth is the higher end panel and there is already one there why not give you both.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be hitting up the dealer on a daily basis for updates and not just waiting for them to contact you

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
Are you getting the smooth or textured? If the smooth is the higher end panel and there is already one there why not give you both.
The rest of the trim is textured, the replacement panel is supposed to match.

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
I was finally notified by the dealership yesterday after two months that the panel was in. Thanks to Kaitlin and David from RamCares for helping out, I believe they helped speed things up. I was contacted by Kaitlin telling me the part was in and then by the dealership less than five minutes later who told me the part had been there since the 13th, two days ago. Who knows how long it has actually been there.

ChiefAllDay

Reaction score
I just came here out of curiosity, and then I was drawn in by the mystery... and now I need to go out and check the leather in my truck! Brb, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread