5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nuetral disconnect lever

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I believe the switch (in your dash) only works when the vehicle is on. If that's correct, then hooking a jumper cable to your truck wouldn't make it work. That's probably why you need to go straight to the EPB with the power.
Based on the sound it makes when engaging, you probably only need to apply voltage for 1-2 seconds at each wheel.
I'm talking about bridging the battery with one of those jumpers, maybe if you turn the truck to on run position with the jumper connected it might be enough juice flowing?
I know the engine doesn't need to be on to enrage it if I recall.

Going around to each of the wheels sounds like a complete chore but I haven't looked for the connectors myself.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the switch (in your dash) only works when the vehicle is on. If that's correct, then hooking a jumper cable to your truck wouldn't make it work. That's probably why you need to go straight to the EPB with the power.
Based on the sound it makes when engaging, you probably only need to apply voltage for 1-2 seconds at each wheel.
Truck only has to be in "run" but the engine doesn't have to be running. So should be able to disengage using a jump box or jumper cables.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Truck only has to be in "run" but the engine doesn't have to be running. So should be able to disengage using a jump box or jumper cables.
Ok, fair enough. Assuming the truck can turn on to the "run" position. If an RF hub is fried, for example, someone may not be able to get the truck's electronics to power up at all.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, fair enough. Assuming the truck can turn on to the "run" position. If an RF hub is fried, for example, someone may not be able to get the truck's electronics to power up at all.
True

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's also what I was thinking about.
Going to each wheel with a batter should work though?

LouNY

Reaction score
If the rf hub is fried and your truck has to be towed don't worry about it.
One, use a carry deck wrecker then can and will winch it right on even if the wheels don't turn, no big deal.
Two, a conventional front or rear tow wrecker with a set of dollys.
Either way your tires and wheels don't need to turn.
If it happens to me because of a dead battery I'll be changing the battery on the side of the road, so no big deal either.

Users who are viewing this thread