5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not receiving notifications again

U

User_63152

I am about done with this crap not giving me notifications. How hard is it to fix this problem?

I am just irritated about it. Not trying to be a jerk.

Rustybolt

Reaction score
Several months back I stopped receiving notifications from just this site. I tried the usual methods, spam folder, white listing the email / site address, etc.. nothing fixed it. I even attempted to change to a different email account and it would not send the confirmation to the new email address. ..so I was essentially locked out of posting / messaging for a month or more as I could not confirm the new address.

Then magically the site gurus fixed something about new members not getting their notifications and all mine came flooding in. I switched back to my main email account and all was well.

Now, as of last week, I'm not getting notifications again...

Any suggestions???
I am experiencing the same problem currently. Any help wo6be appreciated

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They will be back soon. We just got the site moved to a new server due to all the server error issues and are currently in the process of moving the mail server over as well.
Is the site done getting moved?
I noticed it takes forever to post now, loads for like 20 seconds before actually posting.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it's the way I have my account set up, but only time I ever get email notifications is when someone sends me a private message. Which is fine with me.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
They will be back soon. We just got the site moved to a new server due to all the server error issues and are currently in the process of moving the mail server over as well.
Question is why hasn’t this been fixed Yet? I’ve not received any notifications to any thread I’m watching. Also it seems that this problem isn’t restricted to this forum alone as I’ve yet to receive an email verification email after a week of trying on the WL Jeep forum site. Contacted people, asked for help and haven’t heard a peep out of anyone.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question is why hasn’t this been fixed Yet? I’ve not received any notifications to any thread I’m watching. Also it seems that this problem isn’t restricted to this forum alone as I’ve yet to receive an email verification email after a week of trying on the WL Jeep forum site. Contacted people, asked for help and haven’t heard a peep out of anyone.
Go to your account and under preferences, make sure you have notifications turned on. Then in your email app, make sure notifications form forums sent being sent to spam folder

Ratchet

Reaction score
Had this issue on another forum I used to be an admin on. After an update, some code got corrupted.
******If you are certain you have whatever notifications enabled that you want to keep up with*****
*Go to your account/settings/preferences.
*Scroll down to the end of first section and look right under the "privacy options section"
*See if there is a box that says "recover dismissed notifications" (may be worded a bit different depending on forum software version) and if it is checked or unchecked.
*If unchecked, click it and then click save at the bottom.
Upon a refresh and going back to where you were, that box should go away and notifications *should* return unless there are other issues within the forum.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Go to your account and under preferences, make sure you have notifications turned on. Then in your email app, make sure notifications form forums sent being sent to spam folder
Sorry I forgot to say I’m not an internet newbie. Been doing this a couple decades. First thing I did was check junk mail. 2nd thing change email addy. 3rd thing was request help after numerous attempts to get a verification email sent on other forum I’m trying to sign up to. 4th thing was ask for help here and also mention notification issues after I read this entire thread. So please a little actual help would be great on the sister forum.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread