5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not real leather

dalailama23

Reaction score
Just did some research as to why my seat flakes apart the ram web sites says they are Natura leather , Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 12.18.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 12.18.35 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 12.18.35 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 12.18.06 PM.png well that doesn't come from a cow its man made see attachments

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just did some research as to why my seat flakes apart the ram web sites says they are Natura leather , View attachment 29389 View attachment 29390 View attachment 29390 View attachment 29389 well that doesn't come from a cow its man made see attachments
It looks like this term ("Natura Leather") is where the confusion arises. You cite http://www.naturaleather.com/, which is NOT the manufacturer of Ram interiors.

Our trucks' genuine leather interiors are manufactured by GST AutoLeather, as stated on the tag below (attached to the seat of my Laramie Longhorn at delivery). "Natura Plus" is apparently a trim line of theirs, not to be confused with "Natura Leather":

29397 29398

This statement from their website summarizes it nicely: "...there is nothing artificial or synthetic produced at GST - only authentic REAL leather!"

dalailama23

Reaction score
Thats the longhorn my limited tag was not like that and the look is different . i hope my truck is real leather , I'm trying to figure out why if its real leather it flakes apart like something else

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Thats the longhorn my limited tag was not like that and the look is different . i hope my truck is real leather , I'm trying to figure out why if its real leather it flakes apart like something else

What interior color do you have in your Limited? I have black Leather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalailama23

Reaction score
Indigo/Frost. i have a post on general discussion yesterday explaining why im trying to find out if its real leather

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Look closer at the picture I posted. The Longhorn tag talks about having “Natura Plus” genuine leather from GST AutoLeather...the same trim series that you highlighted on the Ram website for the Limited. And I’ve already pointed out that GST doesn’t do anything but real leather.

I’m not excusing them, by the way, for what sounds like a faulty dye or finishing treatment on your Limited. That needs to be fixed! But there’s no question whatsoever of whether these top-trim trucks are real leather.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that was the 1 thing I noticed when I sat in a Long Horn and Limited -- the awesome smell of real leather (I know my Laramie won't have it)

Saints

Reaction score
Yeah that was the 1 thing I noticed when I sat in a Long Horn and Limited -- the awesome smell of real leather (I know my Laramie won't have it)
The Laramie comes with real leather. I’m not sure why you would think otherwise.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since we are poppin tags, lol here are my pics. I just clean with soft dish detergent and water and follow up with lex conditioner.

20190702_220003.jpg

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm miffed - someone at the dealership took the tag off my leather seats and discarded it :(

I keep all the tags, window stickers, and other things that come with a new vehicle.

-John

You sound like me! LOL
I would then be called a Horder :(

DraKhen99

Reaction score
You sound like me! LOL
I would then be called a Horder :(

Yep - I recently found the window stickers to my previous two trucks, and I bet if I dig further, I'll find more stuff from previous vehicles. I'm pretty sure I have the digital watch Ford sent me when I bought a new 2000 Focus ZX3.

-John

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep all the tags, window stickers, and other things that come with a new vehicle.

I do too, and you can imagine how pissed I was when I accidentally crumpled up my window sticker thinking it was trash in the back seat...

I'm still trying to figure out if I can iron it or steam it or something to return it to a more flat condition, lol

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I do too, and you can imagine how pissed I was when I accidentally crumpled up my window sticker thinking it was trash in the back seat...

I'm still trying to figure out if I can iron it or steam it or something to return it to a more flat condition, lol

Contact your dealer and ask them to ask RAM to print you out a new one. It won't have the same "printed on" date, but should be identical otherwise. For some reason my truck came with 2 window stickers... and I have them both. I even got to peel them off their backing paper (I had always wondered what held the monroney on a window). They are identical except one says 3/5 and the other 3/8.

-John

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it too late to use the online link and get one and download it? it wouldn't be the same "sticker" version, though.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Contact your dealer and ask them to ask RAM to print you out a new one. It won't have the same "printed on" date, but should be identical otherwise. For some reason my truck came with 2 window stickers... and I have them both. I even got to peel them off their backing paper (I had always wondered what held the monroney on a window). They are identical except one says 3/5 and the other 3/8.

-John

I didn't know about that option! I may in fact try it. Thanks,

Is it too late to use the online link and get one and download it? it wouldn't be the same "sticker" version, though.

Oh I definitely have my electronic window sticker. I'm just OCD when it comes to my vehicles. I order a $50 used owners manual and brochure for a 19 year old Audi that I had for like three months, just to sell it like a week later. But boy did it feel good to have everything all together for that short amount of time, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread