5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not impressed,pretty disappointed

Mike7311

Reaction score
I’m going to agree, this seem like a truck someone was getting rid off. Every manufacturer has lemons, so it sucks if you got stuck with one. That being said, your tractor noise is likely lifters. Either get and extended warranty or trade her in.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Mine 2019 has been a POS since day one, waiting for prices to come down a little and will stick a dealer with this truck , and it won't be a Ram dealer

RedFred

Reaction score
Mine 2019 has been a POS since day one, waiting for prices to come down a little and will stick a dealer with this truck , and it won't be a Ram dealer
Problem is, when prices come down, so will the value of your trade in.

Bigtone

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I bought a 2019 Laramie new and ended up trading it in after about 18 months. Wind noise, loose suspension bolts, radio intermittantly dying, plus other minor issues. I never traded in a vehicle that early before. Luckily, this was back when they had employee pricing so the pain want all that bad to trade up.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The dealership makes me feel like im crazy when i come in concerned about these issues. Im not too fond of fixing issues on my own on a $50,000 truck. The dealership doesnt want to help much unless i shell out the big bucks!

Did you really pay $50k for a new old 2019 with 26k on it?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does one go about contacting ramcares? Does ram care? Lol. The dealership sure as hell doesnt!
It sucks because its such a nice truck. Nicest ive ever owned. But it’s got these issues. Well see what happens, ill keep the thread updated being i get ahold of ramcares or mopar
Since Covid and parts / vehicle shortages! No one cares 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still having issues I see😩 Problem is many of these issues still exist in the 20’s and 21’s. My replacement 21 had electrical issues at less than 8000 miles!

yellowboy

Reaction score
My clunker is now burning oil with only 31,000 on it. I have to wait 2 weeks to get it in and the service manager said as long as there is oil showing on the dipstick do not top it off (??) so we know how much you lost. Another whole day with no transportation , thanks Ram. Great , I hope the engine goes so I get a new one. Then I'll have something that works on this truck.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My clunker is now burning oil with only 31,000 on it. I have to wait 2 weeks to get it in and the service manager said as long as there is oil showing on the dipstick do not top it off (??) so we know how much you lost. Another whole day with no transportation , thanks Ram. Great , I hope the engine goes so I get a new one. Then I'll have something that works on this truck.
Maybe lol! Hope you get it all fix👍🏻

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Must be a lemon.
My 2019 Bighorn has 33000 miles and has been pretty much flawless. Bought new Oct 2019

Donovo

Reaction score
Each state is different, but a "lemon" in the legal sense usually means that you are the first owner. If you bought this truck from someone else, the lemon law typically does not apply. The truck may have been cared for, but it also may have been in an accident that was relatively well-concealed except for the issues that are cropping up.

I had Ford buy back one of my Rangers about 15 years ago. It was a fight but worth it. The BBB did a lot of the heavy lifting for me. In your case, it's more a situation of a vehicle that was sold as-is without warranty - assuming that you did not buy from a dealer lot.
Believe it or not I purchased the truck from carvana…I know I know!!! Lay it on me. They sent me first a 2020 with similar low mileage but it had etorque and a level 1 equipment package. I wanted more for my money I was spending so I traded it for the current truck I have now. The 2020 didn’t clunk at the driveshaft as far as I can remember. The truck does have an extended warranty…which doesn’t cover exhaust work at all. Carvana actually had the best price for the truck I wanted at the time. The dealerships were ripping people off big time !! They still are!
And is still under rams power train warranty.
Does anybody know if a driveshaft is covered under power train warranty?

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Price was 43k…I’m adding money for interest and whatnot. But yeah I’ll end up paying 50k. A new truck similarly equipped is 62,000 brand new
Huh. I think I paid 45k for my 2021 new. Crazy prices these days.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
What trim level? Prices are still high right now. I paid 43k for my 2021 slightly used with 7k on the clock but I did get full trade in value on my 2017 Jeep GC.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
It's in the signature. From PPF on is aftermarket.

atanks

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Ive been stalking these forums for a while now and decided i should stop being a creep and make a profile. I purchased a new to me 2019 ram 1500( new body style) a few months ago. I have not been happy with the quality of this rig. I bought it with 26,000 miles on it and it now has 36,xxx miles on it. I have driven it alot since ive had it..
Its super nice looking and comfortable and powerful!! But it has really stupid issues;
first the exhaust bolts rotted away and made a flange seperate,downstream,before the muffler. Fixed that myself has to tap bolts out and install new bolts and gasket.
The transmission had harsh downshifts-dealer addressed issue by updating tcm.
Excessive wind noise-dealer cannot recreate.
tailgate sticking closed hard to open,have to push in to release-fixed myself by adjusting strike pin.

Driveshaft clunk coming to and leaving a stop -really annoying and make the truck feel like garbage -dealer cannot see an issue …i think its the 2 piece driveshaft that has excessive play and slop..dealership keeps checking the brakes and charging me $180 for diagnostic..thanks!

Now theres this terrible rattling ,exhaust leak type noise on cold starts..sounds like a tractor when cold.hope its not collapsed lifters..
Very loud squeaking from driver side front when hitting small bumps in the road.

Radio loses all sound unless i switch from fm to sirius back to radio.
The truck is a 2019 ram bighorn,crew cab,6’4” box,4x4,hemi,level 2 package,3.92 rear.

The truck has 36,000 miles on it. Doesnt seem to be abused by its first owner either. Just seems like really poor manufacturing /quality control.
The dealership makes me feel like im crazy when i come in concerned about these issues. Im not too fond of fixing issues on my own on a $50,000 truck. The dealership doesnt want to help much unless i shell out the big bucks!

If anybody can chime in and offer advice i would much appreciate it! I feel like i bought a lemon!!
Have you guys been having these issues? Havent ram figured out the manifold warping thing yet?
How hard is it to make a drivetrain that is silent ?
This truck reminds me of the 2006 ram i had that thing was a POS…. Was hoping they got better but…😢
Ramcares -can you chime in ?
I totally feel your frustration! I posted about the same time as you titled "@RamCares really cares?". I'm believing Monday ramecares will contact us and take care of the issues we are experiencing. They heard all this plenty of times before us saying anything about our trucks, and know exactly what needs to be done to repair the issues. If they don't know by now.....THEN......I would say run, run as fast as you can from any vehicle they ever make as fast as you possibly can....because that my friend means they don't see these issues as issues!

Sportznut

Reaction score
CJ - not sure where you're located but in the Northwest you can find reputable shops that will check your brakes for no charge. $180 is a rip off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

beetlespin

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Ive been stalking these forums for a while now and decided i should stop being a creep and make a profile. I purchased a new to me 2019 ram 1500( new body style) a few months ago. I have not been happy with the quality of this rig. I bought it with 26,000 miles on it and it now has 36,xxx miles on it. I have driven it alot since ive had it..
Its super nice looking and comfortable and powerful!! But it has really stupid issues;
first the exhaust bolts rotted away and made a flange seperate,downstream,before the muffler. Fixed that myself has to tap bolts out and install new bolts and gasket.
The transmission had harsh downshifts-dealer addressed issue by updating tcm.
Excessive wind noise-dealer cannot recreate.
tailgate sticking closed hard to open,have to push in to release-fixed myself by adjusting strike pin.

Driveshaft clunk coming to and leaving a stop -really annoying and make the truck feel like garbage -dealer cannot see an issue …i think its the 2 piece driveshaft that has excessive play and slop..dealership keeps checking the brakes and charging me $180 for diagnostic..thanks!

Now theres this terrible rattling ,exhaust leak type noise on cold starts..sounds like a tractor when cold.hope its not collapsed lifters..
Very loud squeaking from driver side front when hitting small bumps in the road.

Radio loses all sound unless i switch from fm to sirius back to radio.
The truck is a 2019 ram bighorn,crew cab,6’4” box,4x4,hemi,level 2 package,3.92 rear.

The truck has 36,000 miles on it. Doesnt seem to be abused by its first owner either. Just seems like really poor manufacturing /quality control.

If anybody can chime in and offer advice i would much appreciate it! I feel like i bought a lemon!!
Have you guys been having these issues? Havent ram figured out the manifold warping thing yet?
How hard is it to make a drivetrain that is silent ?
This truck reminds me of the 2006 ram i had that thing was a POS…. Was hoping they got better but…😢
Ramcares -can you chime in ?

This is the exact reason I do not buy a low mileage used vehicle.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Many times in my life I've heard, "Don't buy the first model year of a vehicle."

Absolutely my philosophy. Every new vehicle I’ve purchased (including the Ram I have on order) has been at the end of a “generation”…. Give ‘em time to work out the bugs and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread