5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Nav Using phone to start

Rayzram

Reaction score
I know the answer, but I am on a forum with a guy who swears I am wrong. Says he owns a 2019 1500 standard non nav 8.4 screen and he uses Guardian Uconnect app to remote start. I cannot convince this guy if he is remote starting from his phone he has the 8.4C. Has ANYONE ever seen or heard of a non nav non 8.4C being able to remote start from a phone using factory remote start and Guardian Uconnect??

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know the answer, but I am on a forum with a guy who swears I am wrong. Says he owns a 2019 1500 standard non nav 8.4 screen and he uses Guardian Uconnect app to remote start. I cannot convince this guy if he is remote starting from his phone he has the 8.4C. Has ANYONE ever seen or heard of a non nav non 8.4C being able to remote start from a phone using factory remote start and Guardian Uconnect??
You know the answer. Don't doubt yourself. You are clearly dealing with someone who smokes meth. Avoid that fella, he's pulling your chain.

Swordfish

Reaction score
I have the NAV and still can't get remote start, lock, unlock to work. All it can do is tell me where my truck is. Tried dozens of times to get my truck to start and fails every time. Guardian said to reinstall the app? Not much help at all.

Swordfish

Reaction score
I have the NAV and still can't get remote start, lock, unlock to work. All it can do is tell me where my truck is. Tried dozens of times to get my truck to start and fails every time. Guardian said to reinstall the app? Not much help at all.

Yesterday I spent 1.5 hours on the phone working with different Guardian techs and finally got the remote uconnect functions working. The final solution was to have them completely delete my profile and set it up again. All seems to work finally.

Tedscanoe

Reaction score
I gave up on Guardian 8.4n app and the Guardian app on my phone. Guardian app on the screen says I need to finish registering first before the Help and SOS buttons and anything Guardian related will work. Three phone calls to support didn't help. Downloaded UConnect app to my S7 phone and it works just fine. I use UConnect to Lock/unlock, start/stop. It even sends me a monthly vehicle health report by email. So why Guardian and app is a no-go but UConnect is great, I don't know.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score

He is profoundly confused or trying to tweak ya or could really just not understand the full features of his radio and has Nav and doesn't even know it.... Ask him if his rear view mirror has an SOS button, if so, he's got Guardian...

Y'all can settle it easily with him posting a 10 second vid that shows his phone ap starting his truck....

and if he does it, make sure he gets a frame of the radio inside the truck showing the radio being one with No Nav...

(I trust no one :), lol

Last edited:

Derwoodjones

Reaction score
I called Uconnect before I knew about having to have the nav unit when I bought the truck. They said if you do not have the assistant and SOS button in the overhead console then no luck.

Last edited:

Bram2019

Reaction score
Is he driving a DS or a DT. If he has a DS, he is correct

sparkster121

Reaction score
Is he driving a DS or a DT. If he has a DS, he is correct
I just bought a Ram with non nav 8.4. I am new to Ram and this site. What is DS or DT? I did not want the nav but would like to start and unlock my truck from a remote location. Is this possible?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just bought a Ram with non nav 8.4. I am new to Ram and this site. What is DS or DT? I did not want the nav but would like to start and unlock my truck from a remote location. Is this possible?

DT is the new Ram model (2019+). If you have non-nav, you cannot remote start from an app (phone). That feature is only possible for Nav equipped Uconnect systems. You can have a “remote starter”, initiated from your key fob, but that is an option that you need to either have purchased or add on.

Users who are viewing this thread