5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-Garage Queen RAMs cleaning recommendations

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just hand wash it every week. Dry it with Meguiars detailer. Then meguiars wax spray. Looks shiny as heck and works. I’ll just get a full paint job when that time comes. I’m assuming 4-6 years. We’ll see. I’ll clay bar when needed.

Attachments

• 0704CD54-F6D3-49BF-AD99-2C5D791DA596.jpeg
    0704CD54-F6D3-49BF-AD99-2C5D791DA596.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
This is kind of what I was looking for, need to do the initial clean up before I can start waxing it etc.

Is it ok to polish outside? or should it be done in a garage?
It's usually fine, unless there's a lot of pollen in the air like we have in Houston this time of year. When I washed my truck last Saturday, there was a thin later of pollen on the paint by the time I was done with the interior, wheels etc. In this case, you don't want that stuff to get in your buffing pad, so you'll want to do it inside.
Other than that, I prefer to do it outside. I can see what I do better.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I just wash it every week. Dry it with Meguiars detailer. Then meguiars wax spray. Looks shiny as heck and works. I’ll just get a full paint job when that time comes. I’m assuming 4-6 years. We’ll see. I’ll clay bar when needed.
Yep. Same here (as long as you wash it yourself). If not, your paint will be trashed in just a few months.

JayMann

Reaction score
I just hand wash it every week. Dry it with Meguiars detailer. Then meguiars wax spray. Looks shiny as heck and works. I’ll just get a full paint job when that time comes. I’m assuming 4-6 years. We’ll see. I’ll clay bar when needed.

yep - black truck here as well - :( it was a good deal but this color suucks to try and keep clean AND mine is going to be on construction sites from time to time sporadically.

trying to see what's best to try and keep it somewhat ok looking during the time I own it

are you doing the two bucket method? or are you doing the rag per panel method or what?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks again Neuro, I’ll check the truck over again after next wash. What I remember since new as a whole the truck was clean and not rough to touch.

JayMann

Reaction score
I use 2 bucket method and multi micros per wash & depending on how dirty

if you're doing the multi rag approach - your 2nd bucket really just becomes a "discard" bucket, no?

No point in grabbing from the second bucket if you have multiple rags lined up.

BTW - I think this is the approach I'm going to take. Multiple rags, have a discard bucket, then wash/dry them in the laundry with old bumming-it around the house clothes - I hate leaving stuff outside to "dry" and then I forget it and the dogs chew it up or the wind takes it across the driveway, in which case it's picking up all those little scratchy rock bits etc.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yep - black truck here as well - :( it was a good deal but this color suucks to try and keep clean AND mine is going to be on construction sites from time to time sporadically.

trying to see what's best to try and keep it somewhat ok looking during the time I own it

are you doing the two bucket method? or are you doing the rag per panel method or what?

Yes, two bucket method, no circular motions, meguiars car soap. Microfiber with no stitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhill

Reaction score
Has anyone tried "The Last Coat" or TLC? It apparently is a competitor to "F11 Final Coat" but lasts through soap car wash where F11 will wash away with soap. All the Youtube videos on it seem positive and TLC has a full year no hassle warranty. Is this ok to use on top of wax or just instead of wax? Apparently developed by detailers. Haven't noticed any discussion of these products unless I missed it. Thanks!
I bought 4 qt bottles for $99, free shipping, no tax. The dealer tried to talk me into Zurich Shield for $399. When they said they could do the inside and out in about 2 hrs time, I decided against it. You can use TLC on leather seats, dash, vinyl, glass, paint, chrome, etc. I used it instead of wax about 8 weeks ago. It acts like wax on the painted stuff, low lustre armor all on dash, and rainex on windows. So far I am well pleased. Time will tell..

Users who are viewing this thread