5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noisy Rear End After Lift

BONES55

Reaction score
I have the Rough Country 3.5 inch lift on my RWD 1500. I wanted a little down rake back so I removed the 1 inch top rear spring spacers and installed aluminum 2.5 inch spacers that sit on the rear axle and fit to the bottom of my tear springs. I love the look and ride but now I'm hearing a lot of creaking back there at low speeds, forward and reverse. Especially in the morning. It's not as bad in the afternoon in the heat of the day. Are the spacers slightly shifting or are all my bushings back there the problem, since all the sway bars and such are now sitting at different angles. Has anyone had this issue. Resolutions? Truck only has 6,000 miles on it

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe try adding a mopar rubber spring isolator between the spring and spacer …. 68273964AB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right …. I was saying he could try adding another “isolator” between the spring and spacer to get rid of metal to metal contact …. Spring-Isolator-Spacer-Isolator …. Just a thought

BONES55

Reaction score
Right …. I was saying he could try adding another “isolator” between the spring and spacer to get rid of metal to metal contact …. Spring-Isolator-Spacer-Isolator …. Just a thought

I think, if it's the spacer, then the problem is from the spacer slipping on 5he axle perch but Idk. The fact that I can barely hear it later in the day when it's hot out makes me think that it's all of my bushings back there. And that the heat loosens them up a little. Maybe I can try lubricating them some how.

Reaction score
All the bushings in a 6k mile truck? The isolator is made from delrin or a similar product. Its plastic. It isolates the coil from the perch and locates the coil roughly centered. Without it the coil has room to shift and will squeak.

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
I think, if it's the spacer, then the problem is from the spacer slipping on 5he axle perch but Idk. The fact that I can barely hear it later in the day when it's hot out makes me think that it's all of my bushings back there. And that the heat loosens them up a little. Maybe I can try lubricating them some how.
No. You removed a rubber isolation piece, not a lift spacer. It needs to go back in or you'll continue to have metal on metal.

Users who are viewing this thread