5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noises after installing 3.5 ReadyLift lift

ItowLambos

Reaction score
Just finished installing a 3.5 ReadyLift on my 2wd 19 ram and Im hearing creaking over bumps now. We also notice the front suspension was significantly stiffer than stock and somewhat bouncy. Has anyone else had issues similar to this? We are going to put it back on a lift tomorrow and double check everything but everything seems tight

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just finished installing a 3.5 ReadyLift on my 2wd 19 ram and Im hearing creaking over bumps now. We also notice the front suspension was significantly stiffer than stock and somewhat bouncy. Has anyone else had issues similar to this? We are going to put it back on a lift tomorrow and double check everything but everything seems tight
It is possible something isn't tightened down, most likely the nut at the top of the strut assembly. As far as it being stiffer, that's from the preload spacer and is normal.

Reaction score
Thinking about going with that on my 2wd. Did you figure out the issue? Any issue with the angles?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate it! I haven't even considered that.
It is a little more expensive but the lack of spacers will result in a much smoother ride. The spacers in the 3.5” kit, especially the preload spacer, stiffen up the front end. With the CST kit, the lift comes from the redesigned spindles leaving the ride nearly identical to stock.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is a little more expensive but the lack of spacers will result in a much smoother ride. The spacers in the 3.5” kit, especially the preload spacer, stiffen up the front end. With the CST kit, the lift comes from the redesigned spindles leaving the ride nearly identical to stock.
the CSt kit is only for 2WD trucks correct?

ItowLambos

Reaction score
the CSt kit is only for 2WD trucks correct?
I wanted to originally go with the cst kit but my truck came with the factory 22s so it wouldn’t work because of the hub size. The noise is still there. Everything is torqued and installed as the instructions said. One thing I did notice is the upper control arms are way too close to my tires because I’m running a positive offset wheel so I order some 5mm spacers to give me some more clearance without having the wheels popping out the side of the truck

Bflo_J

Reaction score
I wanted to originally go with the cst kit but my truck came with the factory 22s so it wouldn’t work because of the hub size. The noise is still there. Everything is torqued and installed as the instructions said. One thing I did notice is the upper control arms are way too close to my tires because I’m running a positive offset wheel so I order some 5mm spacers to give me some more clearance without having the wheels popping out the side of the truck
Ever figure out the noise issue? Recently had same kit installed on 19 5th gen and experiencing the same clunks and noises. Mine was installed by a reputable shop in my area

TangoFoxtrot

Reaction score
Probably the poly bushings creaking. They have to be lubed properly and with the proper grease. One reason I don't want the ready lift kit. I've used poly bushings twice in the past and both times got squeaky within a month. Very annoying.

Bflo_J

Reaction score
Probably the poly bushings creaking. They have to be lubed properly and with the proper grease. One reason I don't want the ready lift kit. I've used poly bushings twice in the past and both times got squeaky within a month. Very annoying.
Yep definitely creaky one side more than the other. Spent a lot of money on this lift with new wheels and tires and now contemplating spending more to return it back to stock as I’m also get a vibration from the tires at speeds of 55 and up w/35” Fuel AT’s. Read so many positive reviews and vlogs thus the reason I did all this, honestly would rather have functionality Over looks. Thx for the feedback!

TangoFoxtrot

Reaction score
Yep definitely creaky one side more than the other. Spent a lot of money on this lift with new wheels and tires and now contemplating spending more to return it back to stock as I’m also get a vibration from the tires at speeds of 55 and up w/35” Fuel AT’s. Read so many positive reviews and vlogs thus the reason I did all this, honestly would rather have functionality Over looks. Thx for the feedback!
Vibs could be from a number of different things. Most likely cause is balance on the tires, I'd find a shop that can force balance them to make sure they are running true.
Another possibility is they didn't properly torque something down, drag link, control arm, something like that. Most lift kits recommend checking the torque after 500 miles.

Bflo_J

Reaction score
Vibs could be from a number of different things. Most likely cause is balance on the tires, I'd find a shop that can force balance them to make sure they are running true.
Another possibility is they didn't properly torque something down, drag link, control arm, something like that. Most lift kits recommend checking the torque after 500 miles.
They rebalanced all 4 and gotta bring it back tomorrow as there’s rubbing on the springs which is what they say is causing the noises I’m hearing. Readylift says to take out preload spacer and May resolve the contact with spring

Attachments

• A41F3D01-7E73-4CB3-8C53-D63577CFD1B7.jpeg
    A41F3D01-7E73-4CB3-8C53-D63577CFD1B7.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 86
  • FF0B98B7-1C0E-4CE0-8B7B-B8475103148D.jpeg
    FF0B98B7-1C0E-4CE0-8B7B-B8475103148D.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 4BD1B5FC-ADA2-4091-9444-BE6FED7F1530.jpeg
    4BD1B5FC-ADA2-4091-9444-BE6FED7F1530.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 884218FD-0A0D-436F-BE7A-7A026B682B0E.jpeg
    884218FD-0A0D-436F-BE7A-7A026B682B0E.jpeg